Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    waketech            03-01-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
I did a search and I don't believe there is no definate answer to this. Are the Simer BW8512 pumps reversible ? and anyone know were I can find a spec sheet ?

Thanks In Advance
Old    flipout            03-01-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Yes they are. I just ordered a complete system from wakezilla.com I haven't got it yet but it includes a simer bw8512 and you can also get one from farm and fleet.
Old    waketech            03-01-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
Scrogg Dogg,

I have a question about wiring maybe you have figured this out already. If I am wiring three pumps to 3 seperate switches what precautions (elictrical) should I take to not blow fuses etc.

Thanks
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-01-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
RK,
This is how I wired my three simer pumps. I cut the aligator clips of the ends of the wires that the pumps come with. The lines have a inline 20amp fuse. I bought a dual bus bar which I am going to feed with a 8 ga wire from the battery. From there I am running a 10 ga wire to each of the switches. The 10ga goes to the center terminals on the switches and the pump wires go to the top terminals. Then run a jumper wire and cross them to the bottom terminals so that the pump will reverse. Should work fine. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old    waketech            03-02-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
Another question I will be using 3 pumps each one will both fill and drain. Does the Simer pump allow flow to go through it when not on ? (ie: if someone steps on back will the water go past the pump ?)

Thanks
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-02-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
This simer pump shouldn't allow flow. I have the same pumps and they don't allow flow.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-02-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
scrogg dogg
what section at farm and fleet would these be located?
Old    flipout            03-02-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
If you call and ask they will hook you up. These pumps are for several things including basements and transporting water. They sell them for 60.00
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-02-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
http://www.simerpump.com/pdf/SIM567(2-5-03).pdf

I did a search and found the owners manual...
do these really need to have oil dumped in before each use?
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
No you don't need to put oil in them before each use. That would be a pain the the butt. I think they tell you that if the impeller is dry which it normally would be if you were using it for what it was intended. Using it for ballast the water is almost always close to the impeller and it won't burn up. I ran two in my boat for the last 3 years and have had to change the impeller maybe twice on each pump. Once was cause my wife had the shut off closed and turned on the pumps. You can get the spare impeller kits from farm and fleet for about $7 each. They will be located by the sump pumps in the store.