Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    e420x            09-27-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
I have been wakeskating for a few months and now just bought a wakeboat so i want to start wakeboarding. What would be a good board to get that I want outgrow skill wise right away? I am 5'7" 165lbs
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 1:04 AM Reply   
Demo some boards if you are able to in your area.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       09-28-2005, 4:53 AM Reply   
You'll probably want to look at boards in the range of a 136-139cm length to start off with. There are a ton of different options out there. Do you think you'll want a board that grips pretty aggressively, or is somewhat loose? Do you want a board that will really kick you more vertically than up and out into the flats or vice versa? Will you be riding in pretty calm water mostly, or choppy? If you can answer these questions, it will really help to narrow down your selections. We've currently got some really good end of the season deals, so shoot me an email if you see something on our site that you'd be interested in, or if you have more questions.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com