Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (gracerhece)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Lost a friend's board and don't know much about the sport. What's the best board brand out? CWB? Advice appreciated.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-17-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
No particular brand I would say is the best. Most have a line of boards that are pretty similar in actual quality. Just depends on the riding style and what you are looking for in a board that dictates what you should get. CWB, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Ronix, Slingshot, Company, etc. I personally ride liquid force boards (Shane and Witness).

What was the board that you lost? That might be a good starting point.
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       06-17-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
you'll get ALL kinds of answers on this one, lots of peeps have a fav brand.
It's all gonna come down to what you/he likes, hit up a demo day from a local dealer and try some gear out.
Personally, i still ride cwb noob board (faze140), been doing fine for me for over a year, but i'm not doing stuff like tantrums and backrolls yet either. once i outgrow it, i'm prob going to try ronix. I've heard nothing but good about their boards. I do have a ronix longboard (stage) for surfing and love the HELL out of that thing. But that's me, like I said, find a local dealer and ask to demo some gear. find what you like. good luck bro.