Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old    mcbean7            04-11-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Hi all,
I'm new to boating. Just bought an 88 Ski Centurion. Original owner took great care of it cosmetically and mechanically. I want to continue that but don't know a whole lot when it comes to boats. What do you guys do for routine maintenance?
Thanks in advance.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Tempe, where are you from? get your parts from skidim, or your local centurion shop. dont buy auto parts(insurance reasons.) I will post a list up in a little bit.
Old    mcbean7            04-11-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason. I'm out of Chandler.
By the way, where is a good place to go to learn how to launch boat? I know this weekend is going to be crazy everywhere with temps in the mid 90's.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Here is a list(always adding to it), that i used, it is from WW, modified a little bit. (and what I did for each, if anything. Here is also a link to a pdf for a manual, some might help even though its a different boat. In the back they have maintenance.

Engine oil & filter, changed both, quicksilver 25w-40 from bass pro shops, and kn filter.
Fuel filter, done from skidim.
Remove, clean, & reinstall spark arrester
Pull, clean, & regap spark plugs, new put in, NGX from skidim.
-I replace them every 2-3 years
Drain & refill tranny, done from napa, dexron 3.
Impellor (replace), done from skidim.
Squeeze all hoses, checking for soft spots (replace as needed), checked, good.
Check all belts for tension & wear (replace as needed)
Check battery, done bi monthly.
Lube steering and throttle cables,
Grease rudder shaft,
Grease trailer hubs, done monthly.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
The best idea to learn is to go anytime during the week, any of the major lakes are fine. For the first few times....

I think I might buy a 30pak, and sit on a lawn chair next to the ramp, and laugh my @$$ off watching people, you can also learn the do's and donts this way. especially at saguaro or pleasant on the weekends.......(not where I ride).
Old    mcbean7            04-11-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Awesome. Thanks for the list Jason. I think I might go down to the ramp this weekend and just observe first, then take your advice and try to launch myself on a weekday.
By the way...where do you go?
Old    mcbean7            04-11-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Hey Jason,
Can you repost the link to the PDF file...I don't see it on previous posts.
Thanks in advance.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
great looking boat jp. i learned how to ride behind one, that and my families old 18' tahiti. tru track yah? post a couple pics of her.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/2004PCMManual.pdf
Old    mcbean7            04-14-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Bryan,
Thanks! It's my first boat. She's old but still in pretty good shape. I'm hoping to keep it that way. Yep, it's an 88 Ski Centurion Tru Track II Upload
Upload
Upload