Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 6:07 AM Reply   
First post!!

So my head has been spinning on getting a boat, I dont wanna make a HUGE investment. I have 3 personal watercraft right now and its gonna be tough to sell them at the end of the season here in MN.

But heres what i found, waiting to hear back if its still available.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1310719583.html

I've seen plenty of nautique 2001's priced way higher than this, and i'm thinking this will give a little more passenger room. For the price of this sunsport, I wouldnt be totally upset if I had to put another 1,000 in repairs.

any thoughts?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-30-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
offer 4000 cash and that will give you some breathing room......be patient ......other than that looks like a nice deal and the boat looks in great shape for an 85. Iwould def put a monster tower on it though.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
I have a sport nautique for sale in mn. I am buying a newer SAN this week and need it gone so I would sell it pretty cheap. I dont think it is as cheap as you are looking for, but I thought I would mention it.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
if anyone knows of someone in MN looking for some of this stuff.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/1348287805.html

I would expand my budget to about $12,000

I believe I saw that sport nautique on c list with a tower on it??
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2009, 6:53 AM Reply   
Bryce
The Sunsport is a great boat I have owned my 89 since new.
Before buying a Supra built before 1992 you must do a complete check of the floor and stringers.
They are prone to rot and its 3-5k to repair.
Go to the Supra forum and do a search there are many posts on what to look for or take it to a qualified marine mechanic for inspection.
Good Luck
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Bryce- I just put up a new craigs ad for it. I need to get it sold so I can have a down payment for the SAN I am planning on buying pending a good test drive which I am not worried about. I need to sell it by wednesday to have the cash in hand on for thursday to buy the new one. If you are serious about your 12k offer, call mae and we can talk about it. I was looking for 12,500 but we can chat about it if you are serious. I have the boat title in hand free and clear so it would be a easy and quick transaction :-)

651-343-6178
Don
Old    supraguy            08-30-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
sell the watercrafts and get a BOAT
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Alright thanks, I'm also looking at a marauder. But am having a tough time locating info. same running gear and hull as the sunsport? just a closed bow version of the sunsport? the sunsport says 255hp and the marauder says 330, or did one of the guys advertise wrong?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
The Sunsport came with a 351w 240 HP. Does the Marauder have a big block 454?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
If you're going to look at that Sunsport - make sure you have the floors and stringers checked extensively. If it's in Mound - it's most likely a Minnetonka boat which means it could have been slipped and spent a large majority moored up. Take a good look into it.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
The sunsport is sold... damn. But I just talked to the person selling the marauder I found. its a 1987 w/ 492 hours for $4,500 w/ trailer. The guy has owned it since 1988! He said it has the 351 ford in it. I dont imagine it is 330 hp. I've been searching high and low for info on it.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
What's the big hang up on power? That boat throws a nice enough wake out of the chute that you should be able to run 1k in ballast and run a sick wake. You dont' need 330hp to pull a wakeboarder and 1k ballast. Where is the Maurader? Another local boat?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Power wasnt the hang up. I was just curious more than anything.

Its up by Brainerd.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Ahh.. Thought you "needed" 300+..

I saw the CL for that one up in Brainerd. Nice looking rig.

It's "deal time" since it's almost fall.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Interesting front seat setup in the Sunsport. I'm not sure I'd like it. And considering the "warping" in the seat frame, I'd be concerned with everything under it.... ie; the stringers. So no loss that it's gone.
Any ad pics of the Marauder? As long as it's a high freeboard like the Sunsport & not low like the Comp TS, I imagine it would be a good boat to weight.
Good luck selling the PWCs.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
So you arent interested in my boat I take it? :-(
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
this is the marauder, looks exactly like a sunsport, just has a closed bow from what I understand.

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/boa/1320243058.html

TRDon... I'd be A LOT more interested if I didnt have $10K of personal watercraft/trailer sitting around that i'm working on selling. Didnt reallize the liking I would have for boarding or i never woulda invested in pwc's.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
I hear ya. Good luck in your search and if you change your mind, feel free to call :-)
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
After searching the web high and low. I'm just down right confused about purchasing one of these boats.... this stringer and engine mount rotting problem seems to be a phenominon. Or is it not as widespread as i'm thinking? can a person assume any boat this age will need structural wood repair in the near future?

What boats are full fiberglass structure?

Is your 1993 sn full fiberglass construction trdon??
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
If a boat had full wood, if it has been cared for and always kept dry when not in use, the wood could last a good long time. It may or may not be an issue down the road. You will never know the previous history.

I cant say what boats other than nautique are full fiberglass including floors and composite stringers. With that, I can say that in 1993, that was the turning year for nautique going to full composite stringers and floor. So, yes, my boat you would never have to worry about the stringer or floor rot problems of some of the older boats you are looking at.

And just for clarification, mine is the 1993 Sport Nautique, not the ski nautique. Mine is a full 21 foot boat with open bow. If you are interested, look around. It is priced mega agressively. I need the cash in hand before I buy that other boat which is happening on thursday pending good vibes.