Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
Well, i need some help on toeside w2w on my roam. I can go toeside w2w on my absolute fairly well. But,i know i dont have it down right if i cant do it on both boards. So, if someone could help on out on what iam doing wrong that would be great.

Heres the link to the video- http://youtube.com/watch?v=JMLovpf3yFc

Thanks!
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
looks like u are doing it, just not as big as u want right? i think you're going to hear the normal, just hold your edge all the way through the wake. looks like you are letting off right at the wake, and losing all line tension.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-28-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
the 2ns one was obviously better. on the first one you can tell you let off your edge because your land on your heels and fall back. try taking a shorted approach to the wake. this will force you to stay on edge the whole way. also, i didn't notice the handle placement but make sure you keep it in. everything you do on a roam is harder than on a board, so just make sure you exagerate the right technique
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-28-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
To me it looked like you didn't commit to continue edging toeside after you landed. Tell yourself repeatedly, "keep edging away from the boat once I land". This makes you avoid slipping out like you did.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Ok, Thanks

I will keep trying it, it should come sooner or later.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
You lighten up a bit towards the end of your edge into the wake. If you fully commit and let the edge increase to your hardest when you hit that wake you'll go higher and bigger. Try to keep both hands on the handle and put it to your front hip.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
alright, after my pizza is done iam heading out onto the lake. I will post back with a video....
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-05-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
So how was the pizza? :-)
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Good, and i still cant do toeside w2w for yay me!

(Message edited by ethan31 on July 07, 2007)