Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
I was checking this board out and want to see if anyone has any feedback. How dose it compare to the Hyperlite Byerly or CWB Absolute, any pros and cons?
Thanks
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have the new Byerly and it's awesome! A bit wider than the 2003 model (before the cut outs on the rails) and huge pop. Much softer landings as well.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
No it's not!!!! It is the biggest, heaviest, widest, and slowest board I have ever ridden and I have ridden almost all of them. It was a struggle just to go w2w. I couldn't get the tanker to leave the water and was so tired after 5 minutes of riding that I got back in the boat. Don't waste your money. Also don't take my word for it, demo it before you buy it. FYI the 03 byerly is one of my favorite boards. The legacy is nothing like it.
Old    elicitwake            05-08-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
I love my Legacy! Had the Ronix Vault before that and hated it! The Byerly is a little heavy, but on the sliders it is sick! I almost like it more than my roam on the sliders. Since I live about 15 minutes from Ski Rixen that is about all i ride lately. I agree with mike, demo the board, i wasted money on the ronix...
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
you switch boards pretty quickly...
Old    elicitwake            05-08-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
yes you speak the truth
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
The Byerly board is my favorite board ever. The board does not feel slow at all to me but actually very fast. Alot of surface area in the tails and thats the part of the board that you pop off plus it keeps it riding high in the water. It has the step down rail along the board so when you get on edge the board digs right in. Previously I was riding the 144 Parks and this board has more surface area even though it's a 142. It also has the softest landings of any board I've ever ridden. I ride it without the center fin and it still is alittle bit grippy but I like to be locked in. Plus the fins are shapeable so you can sand them down to whatever shape you'd like. If you ever liked the old Byerly shape you can't go wrong with this shape. If you have any questions about it just pm me.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-08-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Chris, thats good to hear. I finally decided to replace my 02 byerly and decided that the 07 byerly looked like a great choice. Now I cant wait to go ride.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
I agree with both Mike and Chris. Chris, unless something has changed rides at 26-27 mph. My comment after demoing the board was that it would be great if you rode at a faster speed. Down at 22-23 where I ride, the board drags big time. I sure hope you can demo it before you buy it.
Old     (digger_004)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
Check out Chris's profile pic, I think he may go w2w , lol. Was that at spring ride?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
I liked the 06, 05, and 04 Byerly, but landing wrapped was suicide.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
thanks for the info, I will have to demo it and see.