Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-13-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Anyone have any reviews on the 2012 shredtown or the 2011 murray nova core? Gunu be using this board for mainly cable riding. Also currently im using system bindings will that fit on the shredtown board?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
I would recommend the shredtown if it is more for cable and rails.
the shredtown will have a base that will stand up to the abuse more than the murray will. the nova-core murray is just a stronger snappier core, there is no better base put on the nova core (if knowledge does not fail me). that would be a pretty penny to spend to go scratching up. if it were just for boat riding, then i might have suggested the murray

the slingshot board have a fast track system that will adjust to any width and stance, so mounting your systems wont be a problem. you will have to use slingshot's hardware which should come with the board, but double check and if not you can get it from slingshot easily. You may or may not need to get some washers to snug the boots down, this is common when mixing brands of boards and boots.
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-13-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
The boards are actually about the same price now, but i was curious about flex boards and which boards would be the best for cable riding
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-13-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
The Murray Nova is a great board but the absolute last board you would want to ride regularly at the cable. That thing would be thrashed by the weekend. The Shredtown however is made for that type riding and has a solid base and urethane sidewalls, it will hold up much better than an all fiberglass board.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-13-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
careful, I bought a 2011 and the fast track broke on me, had the same problem with 2012 and they didn't do anything to help me out to remedy the problem. Not trying to turn you off, I loved my board, just tremendously pissed at the customer service I received on a fairly new board. s*** like that shouldn't happen, not in this industry.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       09-14-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
Slingshot customer service has went downhill. I have never heard of any wake company try to claim that a pair of 2012 bindings that is coming apart after 4 trips to the lake saying it is not a warrantable item. These were purchased new from an authorized dealer. It is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2012, 12:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Slingshot customer service has went downhill. I have never heard of any wake company try to claim that a pair of 2012 bindings that is coming apart after 4 trips to the lake saying it is not a warrantable item. These were purchased new from an authorized dealer. It is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.
usually there are nearly all outstandingly good stories for slingshot customer care. have you tried working with the dealer you bought from as well.?
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-15-2012, 12:52 AM Reply   
I ride the Murray nova 2011 and love it but can't speak to it at the cable park.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2012, 2:16 AM Reply   
I have both and have rode both behind the cable and the boat. My vote is Shredtown all the way it is a really nice board. Easy to ride massive pop behind the boat. Behind the cable it is much better than the Murray. This is coming from someone who rode Hyperlite for almost 10 years. I love the Murray because when I take new people or girls I feel it is one of the easiest beginner friendly boards out there. I just prefer the Shredtown. I personally have never had a problem with Slingshot warranty. I also ride with systems on the slingshot sometimes. They fit fine.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
Well it's very debatable if your going to do alot of cable and rails then definitely get the shredtown but if your looking to go big behind the boat (my style) go for the murray. The shredtown has got all that sintered base and what not, and the murray is just a poppy board that could hold out on the rails. If you do both alot then i wouldn't reccomend either one, I'd say the Ronix Bill would be a good fit.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       09-15-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
usually there are nearly all outstandingly good stories for slingshot customer care. have you tried working with the dealer you bought from as well.?
Yes.. that is in process. This is my 3rd pair of SS bindings that have came apart this season.
- the dealer replaced my 2012 Rads after 2 trips to the lake- the toe was coming apart and a screw fell out. I switched to 2012 KTVs.
- After about 2 or 3 rides the liners started coming apart on the KTVs. I sent pics to SS customer service this time (i didn't want to bother my dealer again) and they promptly mailed me a new pair. In the meantime, I used Shoe Glue and Gorilla Glue to try to keep the KTV's going.
- Got the new pair and started using them after the other pair of KTV's become unusable. Contacted SS again after the liners and heel supports fell out (again) and they said they only wanted to work with dealers and distributors. Went to the dealer who took pics and sent to SS. Slingshot said was unwarrantable although it was exactly the same issue as before. Needless to say this is ridiculous. I am working with my local dealer now to resolve. I want a full refund and not another pair of SS bindings. I have already bought a 2012 HL Union and SYstem Bindings.

I am NOT that hard on gear either. I still have a pair of 2008 Murray's I rode 08, 09 and 10 with no issue. I also have a pair of 2011 LF shane's that are holding up fine.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
Well it's very debatable if your going to do alot of cable and rails then definitely get the shredtown but if your looking to go big behind the boat (my style) go for the murray. The shredtown has got all that sintered base and what not, and the murray is just a poppy board that could hold out on the rails. If you do both alot then i wouldn't reccomend either one, I'd say the Ronix Bill would be a good fit.
Have you tried the Shredtown behind the boat?
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
Yes.. that is in process. This is my 3rd pair of SS bindings that have came apart this season.
- the dealer replaced my 2012 Rads after 2 trips to the lake- the toe was coming apart and a screw fell out. I switched to 2012 KTVs.
- After about 2 or 3 rides the liners started coming apart on the KTVs. I sent pics to SS customer service this time (i didn't want to bother my dealer again) and they promptly mailed me a new pair. In the meantime, I used Shoe Glue and Gorilla Glue to try to keep the KTV's going.
- Got the new pair and started using them after the other pair of KTV's become unusable. Contacted SS again after the liners and heel supports fell out (again) and they said they only wanted to work with dealers and distributors. Went to the dealer who took pics and sent to SS. Slingshot said was unwarrantable although it was exactly the same issue as before. Needless to say this is ridiculous. I am working with my local dealer now to resolve. I want a full refund and not another pair of SS bindings. I have already bought a 2012 HL Union and SYstem Bindings.

I am NOT that hard on gear either. I still have a pair of 2008 Murray's I rode 08, 09 and 10 with no issue. I also have a pair of 2011 LF shane's that are holding up fine.
I have had this same problem with a pair of Murray system boots and 2 pairs of Mareks. I ride the KTV's and Mareks depending on my mood and I have zero issues with the KTV's. My personal opinion is manufacturers build them just good enough to make it through 1 season. Sometimes not even that. But I agree there is nothing worse than a company not standing behind the product they sell.