Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
How good are these amps. I am powering 4 6x9 polk dbs in a wetbox at 4ohms 100watt rms each.

http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=MXA412
Upload
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-23-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
sure does look sweet
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-23-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Chris please stay away from those fleemarket brand audio manufacturers, you don't want your boat to catch on fire.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
what amp would you go with. I am just trying to stay on a budget and I can get it for 98.00 doll with a 1 year warranty through lanzar. I would go with kicker or alpine but just trying to get a good deal. Any suggestions would help
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
I just put in a pair of wetsounds pro 60's and got a hifonics amp off ebay. It rocks those tower speakers. I read this board and searched and searched and searched, everyone pretty much said they were good power for not a lot of money. I am sold on them I have a couple more changes I want to make and plan on using them again for all my amp needs. It runs CRAZY cool too. I don't know if its because of the powersupply (class a) versus my sub amp (kicker class d) the sub amp runs hot it cut out one time last summer but I don't think the hifonics will.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
www.sonicelectronixs.com
www.woofersetc.com
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-23-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
would look at a used zapco 350 or a jl audio 300/2 off ebay from a reliable seller (make sure the serial number is intact on the zapco)

either one will be more reliable, louder, and sound better.
Old    falcon_v            03-23-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
I would like to try and stay with a 4channel amp
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-23-2008, 10:48 PM Reply   
Check out ubid.com for referbished kicker products at great prices, also hifisoundconnection.com for referbished kicker products. You will be way happier with a good name like kicker behind your system.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
"Chris please stay away from those fleemarket brand audio manufacturers, you don't want your boat to catch on fire."

Not a good idea to make a statement like this when you dont know about there products. There OPTI line happens to be an excellent line of amps. The amp in this post is there lower end unit and id stay away from it but to say they're a fleemarket brand is not correct.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Sorry bro didn't mean to dog your amp of choice, they aren't known to be a good product, better? Even the Opti line looks like Swapmeet stuff to me. For that price they're asking I'll buy JL thanks.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on March 24, 2008)
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Not my amp of choice DOG. Dont slam a product you have no personal knowlage of.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Back in my highschool days I've used lanzar because they were way cheap, and guess what the amp sucked, so there is my personal knowledge of the product DOG.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on March 24, 2008)