Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-11-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
My daughter is 75 lbs and is looking for another board. She was looking at the Liquid for Star, which is a 118. However, that board says that it's only good up to 70 lbs. I thought that sounded strange, considering the length and compared it to a Hyperlite board. THe Hyperlite Divine, which is a 119, is rated up to 105 pounds.

I always thought the length had alot to do with the weight of the rider. Or are the two boards made of such different materials that it makes that much of a difference?

Liquid Force Board
Upload

Hyperlite Board
Upload

Thanks for your help.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-11-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I have a 10 year old that rides the divine and she weighs about 110. It seems to be just fine.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-11-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
My daughter really wants the Liquid Force board.........because of the color, of course....I wanted to know if that board would be ok. I thought the length looked ok but when I was reading the specs, I noticed the maximum weight was listed at 70 lbs, which didn't look right.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
......depends on her skill level.....my 9 year old weighs 58 pounds and rides a 129.....he is a little ..lets say cautious rider.....so I can pull him nice and slow on this board. I f you have a board that is too small you have to go faster.....and it always has this sinking feeling to it. Its really nice to be properly supported and float on top of the water with the proper sized board. On that note I would put her on one that is proper sized or on the larger size.....too small is never that good in my opinion.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-11-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
She is 7...only going back and forth.....however, is trying to do some jumping from time to time. I want to shy away from a board that is too big but also don't want something that is too small. She currently rides a 119 but it is a CWB, and rides at 21.5. She's really looking for her own board and I was going to get the Liquid force one until I saw the low weight rating.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-11-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I think you would be ok w/ the LF board. She may get into a growth spurt and you will have to buy another board/bindings in 2008 though. My daughter is 10 and she rides a 118@19.5mph
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Divine is also wider which is why it will 'float' more weight. I would go with a bigger board.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-11-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
The Divine is the Motive, which is the old Belmont ( Murray's pro model) and is an AMAZING board! Check out the Liquid Force Trip for another amazing board to learn keep learning on. If colors and graphic are the major concern for her the Star isn't a bad board either.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
.....I don't know if its just me ...but that seems pretty fast for a beginner at 7 year old........I would think at the most 18 mph.....because of my sons big board I can take him even slower....just a thought.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I agree with what is being said. I would go with a bigger board. 21 is fast for someone her age. 18 would be good and a bigger board would be easier to flat at slower speeds. Divine is a great board. I got my niece on that board and she can rip it. And her weight is 95lbs. Getting this board will also give her more time before she grows out of it. Just my thoughts.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-11-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
I've been riding a Motive for years and love it. I've even rode a 128 for a while on the cable (20 mph) when I weighted about 150lbs.