Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Helloooooo,
Long time no talk!

I see everyone has been pretty busy, good stuff!
Yes as Justin pointed out, I have started a new jobby job! I started with an IT consulting firm in NYC, only about 3 blocks from where I was. Better job, people opportunities! Me likey!

Alex's BM5k gets it't final coats of paint this weekend...KICK-A$$!!!

Lookin forward to the summer...getting really tired of the cold, although I did enjoy snowboarding back in January.

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-06-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Justin,

Have you tried www.forrent.com? You may find something there. I saw at least 3 apts. in Plainsboro.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
You know, when I'm at 60 Sylvia eating wings, drinking a Corona and watching tv, KG is up in his dusty
attic under the light of a bare 100w bulb slaving away on a speaker box for MY boat! And not just any
old speaker box, but The Blast Master 5000! I'm lovin' it. Do you need the speakers yet KG? I'll be around
this Friday night if you want me to drop them off. Or maybe we can do Hooters on 17 for some wings.

Hey Jeff: If you come to the Saturday June 3rd gathering, and you're serious about going home Sunday late,
then perhaps you should consider driving a little further south on Saturday night (or Sunday morning)
and checking-out Turtle Cove. If you're going to make the long drive anyway, you may as well go "all in."

I once went to a SOS sponsored Hyperlite demo at Harold Herbert's lake in South Brunswick. The Super Air
Nautique and the two area Hyperlite riders came from Pennsylvania somewhere. I saw those guys again later
that summer at the X Games in Philadelphia. I wonder if they came from the same place that flyer came
from that everyone just received in the mail. I got one too. Even Connor got one! And speaking of Connor,
his nickname has been changed from Lord Helmet to Mantis.

Finally, every memorial day Weekend Doreen and I host a family barbecue at 60 Sylvia. This year we're thinking
about inviting the wakeboard crew too. Anyone interested in coming to 60 Sylvia on Saturday May 27
for free food and drink? There's no obligation to attend or to make an excuse not to go. This barbecue happens
every year no matter what. I even tried to cancel it one year due to lousy weather and my family wouldn't
let me. They said "We're coming no matter what!" So think about it and let me know. There's no hurry.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
WHAT, no more Lord Helmet... I'm callin schenanigans! (yes out of that whole thing all I got to comment on is conner! HAHAHA just kidding!

and for the record it's not a 100w bulb, it's a 40w (might as well be a candle)

Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
The Lehigh group mentioned riding on the Delaware River (I’ll assume near Easton), the Schuylkill River near Collegeville PA, and they also talked about a Ski / Board club called Blackwater or Blackrock, I don’t quite recall.

As for the 3rd, they where excited to hear of the event and planned on attending except if it got pushed to the 17th (conflicts with their Raystown trip). They really seemed committed to uniting all riders throughout the region; everything we discussed was upbeat and positive. They did say that they had or where working on a web site. I did give my contact information so as soon as I get something I will send it out to everyone.

One of the other persons I talked with did say that his son was sponsored by HL, I never did ask his name we were pretty engrossed in talking about board shapes.

Jeff, as if you didn’t have enough choices here are a couple more.

Holiday Inn Express Morrisvlle
(215) 428-2820
(215) 428-2600
7 South Pennsylvania Avenue
Morrisville, PA 19067

Peddler's Village: Golden Plough Inn
Doylestown, PA
(215) 794-4004

Best Western New Hope Inn
RR 202, New Hope, PA
(215) 862-5221

Red Roof Inns: Oxford Valley
Us 1 & Oxford Vly, Langhorne, PA
(215) 750-6200

Courtyard-Philadelphia Langhrn
5 Cabot Blvd E, Langhorne, PA
(800) 321-2211

Holiday Inn Express
3101 West Cabot Boulevard, Langhorne, PA
(800) 444-2775

PS – Kevin, I did manage to give wakescene.com a plug when I was talking with those guys on Saturday

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-07-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
I called Craig at SOS and asked him who the guys from his Hyperlite demo back in the day were. The only name
he could remember is Lance Richardson, and Craig remembers him being from NH, not PA. I guess the old PA crew
from the Hyperlite demo is not the same crew that Brian just met. Still, Craig was very interested in
our June 3rd gathering and he requested to be kept informed. This thing is growing boys and girls.
I really hope we can find the "right" location. Sunday April 9, doesn't really work for me for a scouting trip,
but as that date nears I'll see how things unfold.

Don't worry KG. Connor will still answer to Lord Helmet!

Oh, Craig also said that he's blowing-out all of his 2005 boards, bindings and packages at 50% off.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-07-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
WOW, ppl from all over the place...we got any sort of head-count? I know it's 3 months away but time will fly I promise you all!

50% off eh...sweet! Something tells me I need a HL Roam board and a new set of LF UltraSux in grey!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-08-2006, 4:30 AM Reply   
Hey guys. Count me in for the April 8th recon mission out on the Delaware. Quick question: is there any value to looking at the spot from above? My dad has a plane and would be more than willing to take us over the site to see if there's a good beach area for us to meet. We could do this well before April 8th so we could have some possible sites to target. Just an idea.

Also, Eustace knows of a cool little cove where boats could tie up and have a little floating hang-out spot. The only shortcomings are there are no bathroom facilities close by and it's a little ways away from the drop ramp I'm familiar with. Small factors in the grand scheme of this thing.

I'm glad to see the momentum for this picking up steam.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
JB,

Cool idea about the birds-eye view of things, however it would be nothing more than a nice plane ride, as there are no other "beach" areas near Bordentown other than what Eustace talked about.

As far as bathroom facilities, there are porta-johns at some of the boat ramps, such as Trenton, Burlington and maybe even Bordentown and Florence. Should not be a problem to use the facilities there. I do like the raft-up idea at the cove. It's even close enough (by sight) so we could watch each other ride as they go by.

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
It's Friday March 10, it's 11:00am and it's like 70° outside. I'm loving it! Oh man...I've got the fever now!
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-10-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Alex, one of the SOS sponsored Hyperlite riders you spoke of above was probaly Tim Snyder. He's one of the best riders in the region, spent some time coaching at the World Wakeboard Center.
I ride with him occasionally and with his dad a lot. Really great people.

As far as lakes in eastern PA, there aren't many. The Poconos probaly have a few I don't know of. Beltsville and Blue Marsh are the only ones relatively close to the Lehigh Valley, but they get very crowded. Of the rivers you mentioned, I hear the Lehigh is the best spot around, good water all the time, I know Dave Briscoe stops there on his tour every year. I think some of those places on the Schuylkill are kinda shallow.

Also, a friend and I are considering opening a wakeboard and snowboard shop, we'd definately be interested in bringing out some demos a couple times if you guys are interested.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
OHHHH Alex, I hear ya bro'! Just took a trip to get some food for lunch and man is it WARM out! All i could think about was wakeboarding! Soon, very soon.

Alex, I might just have to take craig up on that offer, i need some new gear. KG, if you wanna swing up there and make a small trip of it I'm game. let me know. Alex you as well if you're interested, or anyone for that matter.

spotts, nice to see you posting, were you one of the individuals that met Eustace at the Allentown boat thing? Nice profile pic btw, sweet supra! Ever since I saw NAW's all white Supra I've been checking them out.

Demo days? Im down for that! I want to demo everything and anything! Where's the shop going to be? And where on the Lehigh does Dave Briscoe ride? My sister live in Bethlehem and to my knowledge, or at least told to me by my brother-in-law the river is shallow by them. Just wondering.

it's going to be a really nice weekend everyone, enjoy it! i know i'll be spending it outside doing something!
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-10-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
I wasn't at the Allentown gathering, but I heard about it because I've been in contact with one of the leaders of that group through Myspace.
We also bought our boat there and know Chris Englebert (the owner of Wakeboard & Ski boats of PA) - Chris has said the spot on the Lehigh is really nice - he gets Dave Briscoe in every year and sets it up so the riding is done on the Lehigh. I've heard nothing but good things about the Lehigh from several people, but I haven't yet ridden there. I'm pretty sure they ride right near or in Bethlehem. I think there's a damn there somewhere. There used to be a damn on the Schuylkill in Reading that was awesome for riding too, but a flood broke the dam and I'm pretty sure they're never going to fix it.

As for the shop, I don't want to tell too many details yet because it might not ever happen if my partner decides he can't commit his time. It's too much for me to do alone. I can tell you we aren't getting into it to make money though and our prices will reflect that. If it does happen and I should know within the next few weeks, we will be looking to do lots demos throughout PA and NJ.

Question: is Harold Herbert's lake an old sand quarry or something?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
spOtts, Welcome to the thread. I would love to be part of some demo days. Keep us posted. Please.

Well I guess my chance of snowboarding again this year is over. The weather is really making me itch bad.I heard it's gonna be 80 on Monday.

I'm having an MRI on my knee Monday morning to see how bad the tear is. Either way I will be ready by May.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
Yes Harold Herbert's Lake is the construction quarry off the NJ turnpike in between exit 8 and 7 (I think). The water is gorgeous blue/green and is flat all day long. Alex said they held a tourney or something there one time.
Aren't all for-profit businesses in business to make money?

Jim, sorry to hear about your knee buddy, hope the tear isn't too bad.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
If you drive down the New Jersey Turnpike around exit 8 in South Brunswick you'll see Dallenbach Sand & Gravel.
I believe this was a family owned and operated sand mining pit, and I think they mined it to the property's
limits and it's no longer in operation. But I think the mining of sand left some major league voids in the
earth and these pits eventually filled with water and became a man made lake. The water is a striking blue/green
from the minerals churned-up during the sand mining process. At first glance it looks polluted and
toxic, but it's actually extremely clean. I believe Harold's family owns the property and the business.
I think the INT League used to make a stop there every year, I've seen the lake featured in a few Alliance
Wakeboard magazine stories and I think Leslie Kent did a promotional photo shoot there for something or
other. I went to an SOS sponsored Hyperlite demo there in the early Summer of 2002. Craig did not show-up until
around noon, but some guy with a Super Air and two local Hyperlite riders showed-up around 9:00am and got
the ball rolling. The "guy" set-up a canopy and laid-out a bunch of Hyperlite gear while the riders took
people out on the boat for free pulls. That was the very first time I was pulled behind a "real" wakeboard boat.
By November of that very same year Doreen and I were back at that lake with Craig and Harold test driving
the Super Air that we now own. That was the last time that I was at that lake. With the mining operation coming
to a close, Harold and Craig were talking about turning that lake into a sort of watersports cable park
and thus keeping it a money generating property. But I think Craig and Harold had a "falling out" and that was
the end of that. But getting back to the SOS demo, my memory tells me that the guy with the boat and
the two local riders were from PA. I saw them all again at the Philadelphia XGames that year at Craig's
little retail set-up. I can only remember that one of them was named Lance and the two riders didn't eat mayo.

Opening-up a wakeboard shop Spotts? There are plenty of on-line wakeboard retailers who'll drop their
pants for a sale, and this has forced local retailers to do the same thing to save the sales. For example,
Craig at SOS will match and BEAT any down and dirty price that I can find on-line. Island Surf and Sail has
made the same offer. You'd be entering into an already pretty competitive game Spotts, with an abundance of
preexisting well-estblished players. Still, I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit. Small business is
the backbone of America.

Nice weather this weekend? Well, I'll be working Saturday until 4:00p and then it's straight to 60 Sylvia
for an evening with Mom, sis and some nieces. Sunday I plan to start work on my long over-due bulkhead repair job.
If anyone wants to sit in a lawn chair by the lagoon and watch me labor and dig, you know where I'll be.

A group trip to SOS? I'm in! I bet that will mean a Frankie's run too!

http://edgeboro.com/index.php?page=22
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Regarding April 8th-9th:

I might have my boat ready to pull some riders that weekend! Perfect Pass goes in and should be completed by March 31st. Everything else on the boat is ready!

So, after our land excursion, I'd be stoked to give some riders a pull. You may need a wetsuit or drysuit, but so what! Brian, just let us know what day it will be.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-12-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Again, Thanks gentlemen! I'm looking forward to Jersey weekend...--Jeff
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Ok, Sunday the 9th it is, 12 noon at Katmandu…..

I was thinking of putting together a list of everyone’s phone #’s for ready reference when we are in need of a 3rd and also for general communications. If you wish, Shoot me your info at avw8699@yahoo.com and I will put something together and maintain the information.

In the water by April 9th??? Cccccold! I’ll consider it but I’m not going to make a promise on that one Dave.

Spotts, best of luck with getting your board shop off the ground. What part of PA are you from and do you think you can make it on June 3rd?

Brian
Old    gosia            03-12-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Man, this friday and saturday were beautiful. We got the Yammie from the storage place and did some cleaning and oil changing. I'm SO ready for summer.

I got an invitation to a wedding in Brooklyn on June 3rd, so just wanted to say we won't be making the gathering. What a bummer! I'm sure there will be others though.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-12-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
April 9th sounds good! Thanks for the offer for the pulls Dave...sounds tempting...brrrr...

Spotts, glad to see you on the thread. Good luck with the shop. Hopefully we'll all get to meet up this summer!

Gosia, bummer about missing June 3rd, but I'm sure this is the first gathering of many.

Alex (and any others interested), we'll have to pick a weekend to go SOS for some gear (and of course to Frankie's for some grub). Justin has got the itch...NEW GEAR!!
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the welcomes and good luck wishes.
I'm from Pottsville most well known as the home of Yuengling (about an hour and a half northwest of Philly). As for the June 3rd gathering, I have a wedding the following weekend and the bachelor party might be that weekend, so I'm not sure yet.

Alex, about the SOS demo, I actually rode this weekend with Tim's dad and asked him about that lake. He mentioned a SANTE with about 2500lbs of ballast being there the one time. He said he thinks Craig and Harold definately had a falling out, but isn't sure why. Craig actually once told me "Tim's probaly the best rider in the whole northeast." And I know Tim was at the X-games that year, I'm betting he was one of the riders that day you were there, but maybe it was someone else.

As for the boardshop thing, we know how competitive the internet is and I've bought everything I have from SOS, but that's also a 3 hour drive for me (one way). And there's still nowhere to demo anything, except the Liquid Force trip across America which doesn't get here until September anyways. We've done a lot of research and number crunching. If we do this it will only be a part time thing and we plan on having snowboards for next winter. As for my mentioning of not making money, we don't intend on taking any paycheck or return on our intital investment for least 2 years. So what I meant by that statement is, we're not doing this to try to get rich. There are a lot of other ways we could better invest our money and have a lot fewer headaches. But we both love wakeboarding and snowboarding and we'd love to give this a try. Still have to figure out if my partner is gonna have enough time though b/c he just took a new job.

Did any of you ride this weekend?
We rode Saturday, water temp was 42, brrr.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
NEW GEAR.....rut row! I am really interested in getting a HL ROAM board...not sure why be just looks really cool and might be a lot of fun to ride!

I have realized that in the last 3 days, but focus for wakeboarding has increased and 900-fold!

I unwrapped the boat this weekend, the smell of WD-40 was beautiful! I took the prop to the shop for conditioning(we had a good season last year!). Took one of the cushions to a fabric guy and started to clean out the shop I work out of for the boat so that I can service things a little easier!
The shop is a mess, the fabric guy is waiting for a call back and I have to work all week! bummer!

But good thing is we are another weekend closer to getting out and riding!

Hey Dave,
I'd e happy to ride as the spotter but I ain't going in the water in April...tempting yes, but like brian said...brrr....
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
KG,

You can spot, drive or whatever on the 9th! I'd be happy with just a good boat ride on the river, if nothing else. (But I'm sure I'll want to jump in and ride if the air is warm enough!)

This would also give some people a good look at our riding spot that have never seen it before.

Should be a good day with friends, whether by land or by sea!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Dave, count me in for the 9th, I'm dying to go riding, and all my buddies back in Utah are going down to Lake Mead, and are rubbing it in as is Ryan, was on the front page about the olympics a little while ago, about him riding in Hawaii. My new number is 215-219-4738 so give me a shout out. Getting perfect pass huh, should be nice, now all you need is some ballast. Take care
Russ
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
well michele, her dad, and i ALMOST made it out..we had plans to go out sunday, but the weather obviously didn't cooperate..should have went out saturday..i was going along to be the driver, michele's dad is itching to try out his board so he was going with his nephew..if you ask me, THEY ARE CRAZY, drysuit or not! (he's probably reading this) still it would have been a nice day out on the boat..

april 9th i'm most likely NOT going to get in the water, but i'd def. be up for a ride to spot/watch. the weather the past couple of days has just increased the itch to get out and board...and today was beautiful! i rode home with the windows down, so nice!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
The current issue of Alliance Wakeboard has Aaron Aubrey on the cover and there's a multi-page Aaron
Aubrey interview inside. Aaron and Mark Johnson were boys back in the day. Aaron even posted pictures
and memories of Mark Johnson on the previous NJ thread, remember? At the very end of the Alliance interview
Aaron is asked if there is anyone he'd like to thank. Aaron thanks several friends, family members and
sponsors, and then he concludes his thank list with "...and my friend Mark Johnson."
Nicely done Aaron.

KG: After watching "Counterfeit This" on DVD this weekend, I've been thinking about getting a Roam too!
As long as the water is relatively flat, I'm sure a Roam would be a lot of fun to ride. And if a slider
project ever happens, a Roam is a good slider board. I've got my eyes open for a decent used wave runner too.

A group invasion of SOS and a trip to Frankie's? Sure? Let's go! This Saturday? Next Saturday? The Saturday
after that? A Friday night? Craig will stay until 7ish if I let him know we're coming.

Finally, my board and dry suit will be in the van on April 9, just in case.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
All right! We have at least 2 brave souls for april 9th.....Russ and Alex!!!
Russ, I may want to borrow your drysuit. (Maybe some others will ride if we can share some drysuits)

It looks like April 9th, noon at KAtManDu should be a happening event! I may e-mail some more riders in this area and see if they would come out for a meet-and-greet. Lets hope for above-average temps.

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       03-14-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
Here you go for you brave souls you can monitor the water temp. I am not going in until it hits 65. Good luck on the 9th hope to see you guys soon.
http://delawareriver.net/temp.php
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
That's not a problem with the drysuit borrowing. As for the water temp, it's up to 50 degrees, so it should be good to go. Dave I may not be able to be there at noon, but closer to 1-1:30ish, so let me know.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-15-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Dave, I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason not to make the road trip from PA for this one. If the water is 50, my 4/3mm suit will do me fine.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-15-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
KG? Justin? Michele? Want to hit SOS and Frankie's this Saturday? I can work on my dock in the morning and
then head-up to Point Pleasant around 1:00pm. Justin & Michele, if you want to drive up together like
we did last time, just be at 60 Sylvia by 1:00. The general meeting time at SOS for anyone who wants to go
will be 2:00pm. Afterwards we can head over to Frankie's for some excellent wings and those killer
Frankie's nachos! And maybe some beer too! I've already called Craig and he'll be there all day this Saturday.

I realize this is totally short notice and this SOS run doesn't have to be this Saturday, but this Saturday
just sort of works-out really well for me. If not this Saturday my next "good" Saturday is April 1.

What do you think peeps?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-15-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
I know I can't ride on April 9th.Heres my knee update.
I have torn cartilage and my tendon above the knee cap is irritated and swollen. So we are going to start therapy tomorrow and see how the knee responds. But come June 1 leg or 2 I'll be riding.

With this big change in weather you guys should be talking about snowboarding.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
this weather is driving me nuts! it's cold again and i had spring fever..jim sorry to hear about your knee, heal up quick...actually i began running again and have felt some awkwardness/pain in my ankles for the first few mins., then it goes away...i have a feeling if i take a bad crash this season and tweak my ankles, it's not going to be good.

this saturday sounds great alex, i'm up for that..let me know if you want me to come over and help out with the dock/bulkhead, i seriously wouldn't mind! will give me something to do besides sit in house.

i'll have to check out the roam, what exactly is special about it? i just know it looks flat as hell and round. that's all i know.. :-)

i thought alex was working april 9th?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-15-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Alex is working on Saturday the 8th. That's why Brian moved the recon mission to Sunday the 9th.
Now it seems the recon mission is growing into an early season cold water numb-boarding challenge.

Working on the dock Justin, means digging and getting dirty. I appreciate the offer. Let's see how the
weather looks Saturday morning. If it's cold and windy, the digging can wait. May Saturday morning plan is to
go to Tuckerton Propeller first thing to drop off my old prop for repair, then go to Marine Lumber in Barnegat
to get treated tongue-and-groove wood to repair my bulkhead, then it's over to Home Depot for supplies.
I'll be up early and I'll give you a call to let you know how the work schedule is looking.

Ok! This Saturday's SOS/Frankie's run is beginning to take shape! Who else is in?
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-15-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Alex,

I am in for Saturday as well (in case you had any doubts). Any excuse for friends, gear, and beer is good for me. Just let us know what time you want us to arrive. May as well meet @ 60 Sylvia and head over together. Of course I have no problem helping out as well (I don't mind getting dirty, but cold and wind is a different story).
Jim, sorry to hear about the knee. At least you should be ready for the big day.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-15-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Schooledrider,

I also see no good reason why you can't make that road trip! Just bring some pics of that beautiful lake that you ride in!

Looks like I have plenty of people for ballast on april 9th! The boat also has a heater, that should help. Someone better bring a camera!

Russ, whenever you get there is cool. We'll keep in touch by cell phone.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Dave what ramp where you thinking of using? You know the Trenton docks won’t be in by the 9th ~ it will be a cold swim for one of us

45º water and my 3/2 sounds like hypothermia to me!

I have to ton of stuff in cue for this weekend plus Annette and I are going to that English Beat show Saturday night, so an SOS trip is out for me.

Does Craig carry CWB? I have been eyeing a 119 Charger for Ant.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-15-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, I can drive....Awesome I love to drive! Jsut ask Alex, I fight Doreen to drive Alex's boat some days!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-16-2006, 2:26 AM Reply   
Brian, believe it or not the Bordentown docks are already in.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Woody, Will your boat be in by the 9th?
Hope your coming out that day anyway.

Brian, maybe someone with a drysuit will be willing to do some swimming? If not, we could try the Bordentown ramp.
Old    gosia            03-16-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
I'm in for this saturday's trip to SOS and Frankie's. I'll be the fifth wheel since Pascual told me today he's going in to work and won't be getting out until 430 or so ... I'm still going, I refuse to be known as the flake!
Old    wakewrld            03-16-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Hey, I've been in NJ a few years and hadn't found anyone that even knew what wakeboarding was until now. I don't have a boat or wakeboard anymore, but can only hope someone will pull me. Sounds like all of you are looking to hit the water soon or at least can't wait.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-16-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Ok crew, Saturday 2:00pm at Surf & Offshore it is. Gosia's even going! That's great! We haven't rolled with
Gosia or Pascual since last September's Manahakin Meltdown out in Turtle Cove. It will be good
to reconnect, and this time on solid ground!

Justin & Michele: We'll be pulling out of Manahawkin at around 1:00pm. My day will be starting around
6:30am and you can come over whenever you feel like rolling in. Just give me a ring as you're heading out.

Hey Justin Haworth: It's good to see another New Jersey wakeboarder checking-in. Perhaps you should
fill-in your profile a little more so people will know more about who you are.

Anyone else for SOS & Frankie's? Dave? Woody? JB? Hobbling Jim?

Hey! Who are these crazy wakeboard type people?!
Upload
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-16-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Gosia,
Glad to hear you are in for Saturday! It will be a good time...with or without Pascual. LOL

Alex,
Should we still arrive around 1, or do you want us to head over earlier?

Justin Haworth,
Glad to see you on the thread! Where did you move here from? You are right in saying that we "can't wait." The sooner the better!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Alex this weekend is no good for me. I'm putting the finishing touches on my addition so I can have my final inspection next week.

Michele and Justin N.,Thanks for the well wishes on my knee.Today the therapist said due to my injury my knee cap is misaligned and I didn't realize it until she showed me. I told her she better have me fixed by June 1st.

That picture is to funny. Look at Justins sun burn.And because of the shadow it looks like he's wearing a speedo.

Justin Howarth, Whats up? Welcome to the thread.This is great the NJ Riders group continues to grow.Tell us a little about yourself, like age,where are you from, where do you live now?

Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-17-2006, 3:38 AM Reply   
Dave, I should have my boat april 9th. If the water is at least 60 and ross has a spot for me, I'm in.

Alex, I'm leaving for Las Vegas on the 25th, so this weekend is my run around weekend. Thanks for the invite anyway.
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-17-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Currently I'm living in Hoboken. I'm 25. There's not much for water up here and the little there is I wouldn't go in. It seems Greenwood Lake or if the inlets by Brick are rideable are the nearest. I moved here from WI. I was lucky, one of the rivers I rode on was 15 mins., so I rode 3+ times per week. Without a boat the last few years I haven't ridden once. I was looking to buy a 1989 - 2001 series Nautique but can't afford it right now. That and I have a car, so I couldn't pull it if I had the boat. Snowboarding conditions were terrible this last winter so that didn't help much either.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-17-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Justin Haworth: I'm sure you'll get some pulls this summer from the group.Keep your eyes on this post for our big June 3rd wakefest on the river.It should be huge.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
good to seee you on the board justin, uh oh now we have 2 justin's! we get together pretty regularly and are a tight knit group, as well as a seemingly growing one. are you in school, or do you work in hoboken or nyc?

alex, see you on saturday, call me in the morn and let me know if you need help loading, diggin, someone to ride with, whatever..just give me a shout..

Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Hey folks

Just an idea if you haven't already thought of it.

Start your own site . . . that's what we did in DC after years of digging up stragglers off this site. There is no question that you have enough interest, hell you were thread of the year!

I'm saying this only becuase we are already getting sponsorship and advertising offers from local wake related trades. we're only two months old! I think you guys might like that. Plus it will help grow your sport in NJ by supporting your local wake shops and draw you closer together. I look at the stoke here and think what an opportunity you guys are for the local wakeboard shops. Man let them in on this!

Go for it. Come on NJskier, even you are one of our members . . . you know what I'm saying.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-17-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
You know Chase has a good point. But how do we get it off the ground? What would be our game plan? First step? Do we just find a place to host our NJ RIDERS.COM than knock on doors for sponsors?

Chase how did yours evolve?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Great idea Chase...I'd actually love to build a site for us and have some experience in doing it. I haven't done it in a while and it would take some time but I have all the tools to get the job done, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Metapad! I have all the wed design/building suites. I actually just downloaded a Flash tutorial class on 3 dvd's that I'm itching to try!!! It could kind of be a sister site to wakescene, but more centered on our group of riders.

Now the question is, what does everyone think? I will throw out my time here to try and work on some preliminaries. I think it'll be a great idea to start thinking of what we'd like included, how the site should be set up, content, links, messg board (just for info, events, updates, not to take us away from WW) etc..

Man I've already got the wheels turning! Chase, you're the man!

Jim, it can evolve very easy...First thing we have to do is start thinking about what we'd like on the site, start drawing up some sketches, and then think about a doman name and agree on it, and set it up. We need to find a server to host it on and that costs a monthly fee. another thing to discuss..

njwakeriders.com ---> has a nice ring to it.
wakenewjersey.com
wakeridersofnj.com
wakeridersnj.com

just some of the few i came up with..

What's everyone think?
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
It was just two of us local riders looking for a third. Tired of waiting for wakeworld responses we just said lets start something that would come up if someone searched for wakeboarding in washington dc. It helped that the other guy (wade) is an IT specialist. He built it in about a month and started hosting on his home computer. Jan 4 we went public and we now have over 50 registered users and have had meet and greet nights out and even a first ride for the season!

We get almost 1000 unique (i.e. first time) visitors a month and are growing fast.

I'll get wade to follow up with a post. He could help you guys alot. You guys should do it for the benefit of the sport in your area and all the new riders you will find and develop.

Check it out www.dcwake.com
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hey Chase, thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin is already working on making www.wakescene.com the official NJ wakeboarding website.
But Kevin's a busy man, juggling multiple projects at all times.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll just start njwakeriders.com or something.

Ok Justin, I'll give you a call Saturday morning.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-17-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Chase, great idea about our own site. Hope it happens!

Alex, thanks for the invite, but this weekend I'm working around the house outside, trying to get everything done before the warm weather.

Justin Haworth,
Welcome aboard! Nice to hear from another nj rider. I'm sure you'll get some pulls this season.

Woody, You'll be a popular guy if your boat is in for the 9th!
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-17-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
if you have any questions catch me offline since I'm not liked here.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-17-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Justin: Cool I'm glad to see your interested in the web site. So far I like njwakeriders.com or NJRIDEERS.com, or NJWAKE.com or WAKEJERSEY.com.
I can see it now. We get a few sponsors some hay bails, lawnmower engine,some wood and pvc and we got ourselfs a little New Jersey slider event. YA BABY!

Chase: Thanks for the idea. You have jump started our collective brains.

Wade:WELCOME I don't understand, what do you mean your not liked here?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-18-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
76 Days till the NJ Showdown...No I'm not excited and neither am I counting the days down...I'm like a kid waiting for X-mas!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-18-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
75 Days...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
WOW lot'o new ppl, glad to see it!

New website...I love the idea! I know I'd love to be involved, but I just don't have the time...BUT I can donate the server space and my knowledge. To work off of what Justin said, I have all the tools and knowledge to get the site up and running right now...we just gotta handle a few things.
- Agree on a Domain Name (Website Name) I usually think of this as a sticker on the back of my Hoe? Would that be a catchy name that ppl will remember?
- Register the Domain Name. I suggest Web.com, cheap and simple.
Email me the reciept email with the login information. I will set the domain into my webhost and we will be a web presence!
- Decide on features for the site.
- Decided who wants to build it, and maintain it.
- Sky the limit from here.

I'll help however I can, Dreamweaver, fireworks, Photoshop, PHP for the discussion board, email accounts etc and the general hosting work....jsut let me know what y'all want me to work on!

did anyone mention njwakeboarders.com?

June 6th is going to be huge, Sweeeeet!

alright I gotta go to sleep! ttyl
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
Hey KG, I figure between you and I we could probably handle this together, and I appreciate the hosting. You can contribute however you can (i'm sure you could provide some great knowledge). I can build and maintain the site, that's not a problem. I just have to get back into the swing since it's been a little while since I built a site, but once I get refreshed I'm good. Right now I have to wait for my new RAM to come in since my pc is on the fritz with my bad RAM, couple of days (1-3). Then I'll get started on everything.

Saturday Michele, Doreen, Alex, Gosia (margaret) and I all met at SOS and got some goodies. Actually, Gosia was the only one who really bought anything wake gear related. She picked up a sweet Accurate handle and a nice mainline with a carrying case for a STEAL! She looked pretty excited. Michele and I picked up some t-shirts and hats, Doreen and Alex got some t-shirts I think. We all were looking at the ROAM (pretty neat board), and I was checking out a leftover '05 CWB Absolute Platinum. Sweet board; reading some reviews and the description make me want it, and I am dying to try a new board. But I'd like to demo it before I buy.

After that we headed over to Frankie's for some grub and had a great time just stuffing our faces and talking about the upcoming season and how stoked everyone is to ride! Doreen even mentioned something about a trip for next year, Lake Powell houseboat trip. Sunday Michele and I went to Costco to get some necessities and she picked up a Costco travel brochure and they have Lake Powell trips in there. Costco members receive discounts!! Def. something to think about!! It's an absolute amazing experience! Well I think I've rambled enough!
Old    wakebmxer            03-19-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Hey I am from Nor-Cal and used to ride with Mark Johnson. I think he was riding with some of you before his unexpected passing. I miss Mark. Am I in the right group?? I am Mike, I own River Rat wakeboarding school and RampRats bike and skatepark.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Yeah Mike you're in the right group..We rode with Mark while he was in the Eastcoast. And he is sorely missed by us as well. In fact we were just talking about him on Saturday. Alex mentioned Aaron Aubrey's interview and his mention of Mark (actually a thanks) in Alliance Wakeboarding mag.

It's going to be weird not getting to ride with Mark this season. RIP.
Old    wakebmxer            03-19-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Did anybody hear the final report?? thanks
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
CAN YOU SAY RAIL JAM IN PHILLY? CHECK OUT THIS BOAT SHOW.Who wants to go?
http://www.macevents.com/paboat_attractions.cfm?catname=Boat&serial=236

(Message edited by jim_b on March 19, 2006)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jim, I'd be willing to go next weekend.
What day are you going?

I wonder who the wakeboard pros are?

Justin, I missed seeing you guys at SOS on saturday. I left a little before 1:00.
Bought a new brain bucket for myself, Craig's going to look into one for Kyle too.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Dave I'm free on Friday or Sunday. I have a big union meeting on Saturday, so Sat. is no good for me. What day is good for you?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hmm seems interesting! Are they going to have wakeboats there?

Dave, I tried on a ShredReady helmet, very nice and comfy. I'm going to get one as soon as Craig gets a new order of colors and sizes in, which I think he said he was placing this week. What'd you end up getting?

Mike, Mark's family asked us not to provide details as to Mark's passing on the web. I would contact them if you'd like to find out more info.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Jim,

I'll talk to Kyle to see if he wants to go sunday. If not, I'm up for friday.

Anyone else going?
Old    waterwaysinc            03-20-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
What's up Jersey riders? Just to let you all know, a short drive for some of you, we are hosting a 3 part series grass roots event in Ocean City Maryland. First one is on June 10th at Pocomoke river state park, Milburn landing. Check out www.ocwaterways.com Once I have more details I'll post it up on there. Let us know if anyone can make it.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone, Tons of activity here on our little thread,, great to see it. We are heading down to Florida this Friday for a little r & r, so the rail jam is a no go for us.

Jeff, how many days till June 3rd? ha ha ha!

Dave, give these guys http://www.buckscountyoutfitters.com/store/ a call they should be able to help you find something to fit Kyle.
Old    deanprichard            03-20-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
hey guys new to the site, kinda new to the sport. i go up on lake hopatcong and sacandaga in the adirondacs upstate. anyone go on hopatcong? id like to find some more riders around me.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Welcome Jay. You registered today and this is your first post on WW...I find it AWESOME that you choose this thread over all the others!
If you go to Hopatcong then you must be in the North Jersey area?

Well this weekend is out for me, going to NH with Fletch.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-20-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Oh yes, the Vernal Equinox. We are definitely inching closer and closer to the 2006 season.

It great to see new people posting.
Brian Cree: Ocean City, MD is a pinch far, but I'll keep June 10th in mind.
Mike Krnaich: You've got email.

You're going to Florida Brian? Is wakeboarding on the events calendar?

Did you read that boat show rail jam's advertisement? Seems kind of hoekey to me. But who knows?
It will probably be better than the water skiing squirrel that I went to see!

I went looking for our old thread in the archive but couldn't find it. Does anyone know how to get to it?

Finally, here we are at Surf & Offshore on Saturday. Pictured are Craig, Doreen and I, Justin & Michele
and Gosia.
Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
BTW...
Here are some Domain names that are currently available:
NJWakeriders.com
WakeboardingNJ.com
WakeboardNJ.com
wakeridersnj.com

Yea what's up with the weather...I nearly froze cooking the burgers on the grill tonight!
Old    deanprichard            03-21-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
craig mcclean, i know that guy. we were thinking of geting a wakeboard shop going up here around lake hopatcong and we talked to craig for a few hours about business. i gotta go back to see him to get some more gear for this season. too bad the money for the shop backed out, oh well, craig is an awesome guy. and kg yea i can walk to lake hopatcong in 2 minutes, have a nice view of it from my house
Old    deanprichard            03-21-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
oh and kg, emailed you yesterday on the wakescene email about that site.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Dave was telling me about this event the weekend of the third and I think we will be attending. It would be great to meet a bunch of other NJ riders. We will bring some of our "Lake Wally" crew with us including our boat. Sounds like fun, can't wait!

Dave, I am gonna shoot to hook up with you beginning of next week to pull my boat out of the garage, my heater and shower should be here beginning of next week and I am not going to be able to wait of installing them. Plus still have to fix the tower. I'll call you later in the week.

See you all soon
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Holy Cow! Gavin L. checking in on the NJ riders 2006 thread! (it's about time :-))

May I be the first to say "welcome"!
Gavin has an awesome Tige 24V, loaded-up with ballast! Another great wake machine for June 3rd!
Man, this is going to be a great outing!

If all goes well, we should have at least one boat from each company. (MC, CC, BU, TIGE)
Sounds like a day to demo boards and boat wakes.

Here's another idea......does anyone have a connection with a pro rider that we can invite to our June 3rd event? Maybe put on a little mini-clinic or something? (just a thought)