Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       02-27-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/woody_norris_invents_amazing_things.html
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
that's awesome, but $70,000 i'll pass
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
he said the government version was 70,000 and that is weapons grade. My guess is eventually you will be able to get something like this for the price of a pair of wetsounds (if its legit) about 5 years ago I saw something similar to this in a home theatre system but they were like 10 grand a piece i think
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2009, 1:08 AM Reply   
This would be great for both In-boat speakers and tower speakers.

You could BLAST music with your in-boat system that ONLY the people in your boat can hear... I would never have to hear other boats music again. very annoying sometimes.

give it a few years and we just may see these audio systems in new wakeboats.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-28-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
He said the demo unit was about a thousand, and in a few years they expect it to be "hundreds, a few hundreds".

Pretty fascinating stuff... Only down to 200hz though...
I guess it would depend on the use..
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
pretty sure I saw it on modern marvels today on the history channel. The 70,000 dollar version was 9 speakers and could bring a person to their knees from over a mile away! They had a single bullhorn version that was hand held that would easily be heard from a tower. Looks to me like it would make for great transom audio like epics have...only would be wayyyy better