Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
hey
how do any of you guys protect the bow from the trailer bow roller?
I've looked at the Keel Shield, but can't decide
http://www.keelshield.com/products.html
seems very permanent
....and would prefer something clear....I think!

show pics if you got em
thanks
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-11-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
http://keelguard.com/sbproducts.html
I got one of the bow guards here but I have not had a chance to put it on yet.
Old    bocephus            06-11-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
If you have the black rubber roller change it out for the clear yellow one. It's much harder and will not leave marks on your hull. If you really want to get crazy, take the yellow roller to your local machine shop and have them bore out the ends of it so that a set of bearings will fit in it. If done right it will spin freely on the trailer and will never leave a mark on your boat.

If you have black rubber marks on your boat from the black rubber roller the best way I have found to remove the marks is to use a clay bar. Just wet the area and the clay bar takes all the marks right off.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-11-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
I'm with Bocephus. I hated that almost every time I loaded is would leave black marks. I just bought this one from overtons. You could just buy the middle or sides seperate. My problem happened to be just be the sides. I bought the whole thing though.Upload
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-11-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
If at all possible stay away from the keel guards. They will eventually fall off. Go with clear yellow roller. Bearing idea is killer.