Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have had two of the push buttons that unlock the rack and allow the rack to swivel fall out. It has happened on the same rack - no problems with the other one. Fortunately, on both occassions, the tension ring and button have fallen into the boat and not the water. I have the tool that can re-insert the tension ring and button but curious to know if anyone else is experiencing and resolution to the problem.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
I have the same racks on my ssv, and although none of my buttons have fallen out, I have noticed that a couple of the buttons are very hard to push to release. Thought about just putting some lithium grease in the hole to ease it.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-28-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have not had the issue supralaunch21v mentions but damn do i have the issue Brandon mentions. It gets even worse when i have boards on there.

one will prolly say, well you have to push the tip of the rack up to release some of the wgt/tension. i've done that and still have issues.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
same here SupraSteve.... the weird thing is it has been working fine this week, but before that not..... someone was saying to try and loosen some the the allen bolts a bit to relieve some tension on the mount.... not sure though have not tried since mine have been working recently...
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
To all our consumers:

After reading through the previous posts I believe it’s time to chime in and give a formal response from Roswell.

In our first year with a new swivel system for Skier's Choice we have run into a few issues out in the field that we have already addressed for the 2006 year. Changes have been made to a number of parts internally to ensure operational integrity and durability.

We have re-worked 3 separate parts in the mechanism

1- Locking pins – Radius on the end that interacts with the ¾ Stainless Steel moon was replaced with a chamfer to lock it into place with a smoother action

2- Release pins – Diameter was reduced to fit the modified holes in the ¾ moon- this ensures a better release when pushing the pins

3- ¾ Stainless Steel Moon – Locking pin & release pin hole diameters were reduced and chamfers were created where the locking pin connects. Also the flat section was brought closer towards the centre to help the release pin holes align during assembly.

These changes have reduced the amount of play in the system as a whole and addressed the “sticking push pin” issues some have experienced.

In regards to customers who are experiencing issues with the swivels they have on their 2005 boats we are offering two options:
1- Within 4-5 weeks we will have conversion kits available with instructions that we will send out upon request. It’s a simple conversion that should take a mechanically inclined person less than 20 minutes. You can e-mail me directly (marc@roswellwakeair.com) and I can put you on a list so I can get you the kit as soon as we receive them here at the head office.

2- If you don’t feel comfortable switching out the parts yourself you can contact me at the above e-mail and I will get you an address to ship you swivels to once we get the parts. We will refurbish the swivels and ship them back to you.

We thank you for your business and feel that with these changes we have addressed all the issues we are aware of. Thanks for your comments and please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Sincerely,

Marc Poirier and the Entire Team at Roswell Wake-Air

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Marc. Sent you an email.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-04-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
Now that's good customer service.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
props to Roswell, you got mail.

Thanks
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-05-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
I'm impressed. Thanks Roswell.
Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-05-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Wow! I agree, very impressive. Nice to know that there are still companies like Roswell who will back their product and keep their customers happy. This is my first experience with a Roswell product and it hasn't been bad - just some minor issues but with this type of response you just secured some serious customer loyalty.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
I agree, sent email to Marc and said I'm moving soon and do not have address to give him at this time. He emailed back and said will email when parts are ready to be shipped. And said you can give an address at that time. I'm very impressed, now I know where I'm getting the second set of racks for my boat. Outstanding customer service some companies should follow this example.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2005, 3:54 AM Reply   
agreed. same personal response for me.....
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-22-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
This is bad ass customer service!!! I guess it does go to show you that Skiers Choice has some SLA's even from it's supplier/vendors that it tries to uphold them too. Way to step up to the plate Rosewell!!!! bty....you got mail also.
Old    supra_herman            08-23-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
I really hope that they have all the bugs worked out on that swivel board rack for 06. I just orderd an 06 supra 24 launch and hope i dont have problems with that.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
Herman,

We have addressed the issue as I posted earlier by re-working 3 parts in the swivel assembly. Not only does this address the issue of the pins "sticking" we have also been able to reduce play in the system as a whole. We have the first set of re-worked swivels on our 2005 24SSV and haven't had any issues with them.

Just to clarify for everyone- ALL of Supras 2006 boats that come with our board racks are equipped with the new swivels so there shouldn't be any issues.

Enjoy your boat- We love our 24 and thanks for your business