Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-20-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
I have the Ronix PBV2 Carbon (Ibex?) and have been riding it for 2-yrs now with One bindings and love it!!!!! Is there a new replacement for this model?? I want to start looking for the next board? Jet

http://www.boardriderlounge.com/shop...oard-139-mens/
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Well, the Ibex has been Parks' pro model line for a few years and it's still going strong. What confuses me is that there was a PBV2 (your board) and also an Ibex for 2009. Maybe it's similar to LF's situation where they have the Watson and the S4 as pro models but still offer the PS3 and the Watson classic, older shapes for people who loved those boards or are on a budget. Can anyone confirm?

Either way, since there's no more PBV2, I'd say try the Ibex. Parks' board philosophy really hasn't changed that much in the last few years (big surface area, aggressive 3-stage rocker, etc.) and the 2011 Ibex is a great board by all accounts I've heard.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-20-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
yeah I think the Ibex is a close sister to PBV2 but the PB is very lite 12-13lbs?? I wonder what the weight is on the Ibex?? My wife has the new One but Its pretty heavy? I do love the new Orange/Gunmetal color.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjet View Post
yeah I think the Ibex is a close sister to PBV2 but the PB is very lite 12-13lbs?? I wonder what the weight is on the Ibex?? My wife has the new One but Its pretty heavy? I do love the new Orange/Gunmetal color.
Unfortunately, there's no reliable database to compare weights of wakeboards. I never understood why companies don't publish this information. Probably to avoid embarrassment.

If you've worried about the weight, try to find a pro shop near you and go handle one for yourself. Any wakeboarding shop worth its salt will have the Ibex, unless they don't carry Ronix. I've never seen a PBV2 but I've held the 2011 Ibex and it felt very light to me. Most wakeboards have gotten a lot lighter even in the past 3 years. You'll probably find that the Ibex is lighter than your old PBV2.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 07-20-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-20-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
well i have a 2009 ibex i can see how much it weighs and there needs to be a database for weight in my opinion
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-20-2011, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musgrove View Post
well i have a 2009 ibex i can see how much it weighs and there needs to be a database for weight in my opinion
Ya man, it really pisses me off. We should start one. I saw a thread where a guy with a fish scale weighed all of his setups, but it wasn't much. I'd like to know the weight of the board and the bindings separately. I'll weigh mine if I ever find a good scale.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-21-2011, 4:25 AM Reply   
The PBV2 was the Ronix version of a FLY board. Same shape as the Ibex, but lighter. The current equivalent would still be the Ibex, offered in the regular or ATR edition (you can google the specs yourself but I know it includes a sintered base), although they've made quite a few changes to the shape of the board.