Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2009, 11:44 PM Reply   
Yeah, that was probably Jade that you saw. Pretty good day. Here are a few photos from it!

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
Also, this isn't a good way to end a rope's life....

Upload
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-12-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sweet pics! Thanks for sharing.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-12-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Something great is in the making guys. I do not want to give out too many details yet, but myself and a partner are working on something huge. If anyone wants any more information you have my digits.

I do not want to release too much information yet as it is in the works. We have a couple of meetings with some reps next week and we already have the support of two companies. A website and a flyer should be up and running soon. I cannot wait to disclose the rest of the information but I mustn't.

If anyone has any questions ask and I will answer as much as I can. All I can say is that EVERYONE will benefit from this!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Those pics made me hungry to go ride!!! Awesome! Eder why tease us? Just tell us already!!!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-12-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
Anthony - I cannot say too much for several reasons and I hope you all understand. First and foremost I do not want to disclose location(s) because of possible liability and territory invasion issues. We are in the process of getting permits and land for several things we have in mind. Again, we are looking for more support from companies, even though we already have some but mostly we will be looking for rural support (from all of you people!). There are a few pics of a good time we had in Superior last weekend and that is an example of some of the things we are going to do. However, that was a small, very small and impromptu rail jam.

Let's just say that we will have a business, a team, a sales point and most of all we will promote everything that you all want with adequate resources and materials.

We are going to bring the stoke to you, rail, boat, kite, snow, everything. Any specific questions I will answer as allotted. Just note that I am partners with someone and we both agreed on the amount of information we would disclose for a couple of weeks.
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-12-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any info on the "dare to compare" demo thats goin down this weekend? Whats it about? Is it like a boat show on water?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
Winch park? Cable park?

Mark, it's actually at the Bayview event center, next to Maynard's, in Excelsior. It's from 10am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday. All of the boats will be in one area, down by the docks.

You can walk around and talk with dealers and representatives and take any of the boats for a test drive. Excelsior Bay is typically very rough, so it's more of a test driving experience. I do plan to board after the event, though. So, bring your suit:-)

That invite goes out to everyone else. Saturday, after the event, we can cruise into a calm bay and do some riding. Greg, from Epic Boats, will be with just in case you think you got what it takes to get sponsored;-)

Let me know if interested.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
BTW, my baby(boat) will be here Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Woo, hoo!!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-13-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
When we going out next week Chad???
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
Tuesday's and Thursday's are always good for me, as long as the weather cooperates.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-13-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
Chad - those days should work well for me too ;-)!

Btw - Mitch did call me but he woke up waaaay too late and called me when we were tearing down! I was looking forward to meeting another Beery man!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-13-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
Yup, those work for me too - especially around like 11am
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-13-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
Sweet chad ill stop out for sure, i really wanna check out that new ride of yours the weather is looking peeerfect for this weekend too (fingers crossed)
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Do any of you Minnesota riders hydrofoil??
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Charlie, do you know Robert McGraw, from Atlanta?
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
No, I can't say that I do.... Do you know if he's active on the hydrofoil forums? (www.foilforum.com)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
No, he's a friend of mine that called the other day to say I should contact a particular foiler, that recently came up here, and give him a pull. I was just wondering if it was you. Robert is also known as Tug.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Ok- I recognize the user name Tug. He was probably talking about Eric who is here from Jacksonville working for 4-6 weeks. I've been riding with him recently. I just met him at lunch time to deliver is new carbon fiber board that he had shipped to me(he's a board snapper- goes pretty big!). Eric was flying back down to Jacksonville for a tournament this weekend. He'll be back on Monday.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-15-2009, 10:42 PM Reply   
Tuneman was that you at spring park launch tonight?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-16-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
I've got the only Epic in Minnesota, so, yep, that was me. We took the boat for it's maiden voyage. My son went wake surfing. Alomst full ballast on the left and front with three people and the wake was as big as the old VLX completely loaded with ballast and people.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-17-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Looked sharp!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, it looks like tomorrow is going to be a wash out. So, I know it's last minute, but who's up for riding behind the Epic tonight?

I plan to put in at the Spring Park launch on Minnetonka at 5 and we'll ride either Phelps Bay or Halstead's. Text or call: 952-356-6867
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Any local shops gonna have a release party for the new Hyperlite movie ReWritten??? ALWAYS DOWN FOR A MOVIE PREMIER!!! Midwest Mastercraft crew, you know im talking to you! Ill buy some promise! haha :-)
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Anybody out there riding on this peeerfect day that would wanna hook it up with a pull!?!? i always throw down for gas
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
I know we have rewritten on order, let me see what I can do in the way of a premier.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-19-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
I've got your back Mark....whoop!
Old     (minnesota1)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-19-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Guys - I am looking for a wake surf board. Just something to goof off on so I don't necessarily want to run out and buy a new one. Anyone have one they are looking sell?

Thanks,
MN1
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
oh man I just sold my phase 5 oogle and my butter surfer!!!

The Obrien Alias boards are pretty aggressively priced and ride pretty darn good from what I've heard, might be worth checking them out if you can't snag a decent used one.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Corey! I had a BLAST last year at the Push Process premier.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-19-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
MN1, you're on forest lake, right? If so, I've got a Phase 5 Oogle you can borrow when I get home Friday afternoon. Let me know if you like it, if so, we can work out a price. I can run it to your house if you tell me where you are. I'll have the boat out Friday night. Black and white pickle fork X-Star.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-21-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
If anyone wants to ride this weekend...I'll be on the upper St. Croix with my boat and my parents houseboat. Anyone is welcome to come shred. Let me know 651-428-5498
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-22-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
Whoooo HOOOO THE A-TEAM SHREDS AGAIN!!!!!!!! I am so freaking stoked right now! Sorry to rub it in to anyone stuck a work but Bald Eagle is Butter right now, Colin Ryan, Sean Barrett (Sean from the House), Ryan Taylor (photo Ryan), IronJay, and Myself are about to shred that Butter APART!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Who wants a pull from the Epic tomorrow evening(Thursday)? I'm thinking Lake Bavaria, but not set on that yet.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Chad - I am there given its after 4 30 ishhhh!
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Has anyone launched at Owasso lately, I went and checked out the new improved launch and it looks great, but still looks like to be a crap load of prop wash at the end of the dock...

I haven't thrown in there yet - but curious who has...

Also - i posted this on wakeboarder.com - but Island Lake just threw up a sign saying "No Bladder Boats" - - I'm not a fan of Island Lake, but just incase someone tries to go there on a crappy Owasso day...
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-29-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
"no bladder boats"????

you should go post a sign right under that saying "no fishermen that drive like idiots" or "no moving cabin cruisers"

farging bastages....
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-29-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
owasso is money now.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
yeah - no bladder boats.... it sucks.... we got called while surfing on the lake last year, some lady was taking photos of us, the Sheriff came - talked to us and said we were OK.... So I know which house is throwing up a probem....

I don't care much as I really hate Island for wakeboarding, but I don't want to ruin future possibilities of Wakeboarding Contests at that lake - the PWT was awesome there, and other INT events... that's why I'm upset.... and why I will continue to push this....

So - I am looking at getting some people together for a hanging out day at Island lake - minus your sacs.... I'm going to pull mine out for a day and just cruise the lake - -

of course - having the registration handy, life jackets for everyone in the boat, have everything that a sheriff could throw a fit about - and see what happens....

So - if you're interested - and can remove ballast for an afternoon - then we'll arrange something - -

currently - I have 3 boats w/towers commited...

more details for follow
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-29-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
carry some kids from Make a Wish foundation with you too. If you play music, play it low and it should be gospel.

seriously though, is a johnboat with a livewell officially and technically carrying a "bladder device" ? is a cabin cruiser with no ballast kickin a giant wake less destructive than a wakeboat?

farging bastages
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-29-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
Tim I saw a bunch of that crap go down too. I posted about it above in this thread. I saw the SAME lake nazi lady who was being a huge jerk so I'm sure it comes from her.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-31-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Hey Tuneman- I'd like a pull behind your Epic sometime. Hit me up when you need a third, etc. I have never even seen an epic "live" before, so anyway- if you have the room!