Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Curious at what could be going on with my Indmar.. It's ran hot since I've had it. At the lake couple of weekends ago. Boat wasn't temp was 117, Oil pressure was good, and my check engine light came on. We shut the boat down, checked everythng out, turned it back on, and the check engine light went off. Pulling a wakeboarder, they fell, I pulled the throttle back to neutral, and immediately pushed it back in gear to pick up the wakeboarder. The engine didn't respond, started idleing down, and enginge shut off. I tried to restart, and the started just made a lound winding sound. I started checking engine out, noticed the oil was milky... Other than that, didn't overheat, PSI was high before it just shut down... It's at the dealership, and it still has about 3 or 4 months of warranty on the engine... Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
is this your first outing since winter?
Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
No, have had the boat out at least half a dozen times since the last cold spell. Plus, I keep the boat in an indoor, controlled environment building that stays 68/72 year round. I keep it there with other vehicles and a fitness gym that's used 7 days a week.... So, I know it never froze...
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       06-09-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Normally you get water in your oil because of a bad head gasket. The issue though is what caused the head gasket failure. overheating? If so, what is causing the overheating? That is the bigger issue.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
did you check the raw water intake for any restrictions? its possible you sucked something up.
Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response. I didn't check the raw water intake. Don't know where that's at... I run the boat in deep enough water, on average 22 feet plus, never pull it on shore, or near shore unless I'm loading it.. It's at the dealership now, so hopefully will know something soon. Thank you again for the response.