Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
I just bought a couple torpedoes and a launch tube from the local navy surplus. Dose any one have any suggestions on how to retrofit the system on my SAN and how to calibrate the guidance system?
Old    hyperryd            06-25-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
You need to tie in to the sidewinder tracking system on the tower. I use my mine to take out the lead jetski on the lake. Usually the folowing ski's scatter after the first one goes up in flames. I'm not sure if the Air Force tracking system and the Navy one are compatible though. Good luck.
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-25-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
It is a lot more sport to let someone stand on the motor box of my DD and spray the lake with the tower mounted M-60. They suffer a lot more that way.

Daniel
Old    upupnaway            06-25-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
If you are intent on taking out things behind you, might I suggest just dropping mines or depth charges?
Due to the fin configuration on a torpedo, it would have to exit the tube at a speed in excess of of your forward motion to avoid having it spin off target.

If you are trying to waste a craft following too closely, it would be fun to catapult a basket of black widows, scorpions, or rattlesnakes into the boat.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have found that a WWII surplus 50 Cal machine gun is way more user friendly and can be mounted directly on top of the tower without inhibiting the rope. We take turns covering for the riders, and you can pick and choose your targets. usually we shoot in front of tubers and PWC's just to scare them, if they persist, we lay it down. We tried torpedoes, but they are hard to aim and have ended up taking out some capsites, damns, etc.

Currently, I am working on an electromagneticnauticaldisabling device that will revolutionize wakeboarding. You simply point it at a watercraft and hit the button, their engine will fail and they will be dead in the water. Much cheaper than bullets and will work from a 12V cigarette lighter socket.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-25-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
those are some sweet ideas. Got me thinkin what if someone put together a theme boat kinda like american choppers does only on a boat. Made it with guns and dark green or camo. Make it look like a mini battleship. That would be sweet.
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-25-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
There is a guy on here with a dark green SAN that would be perfect for that project.

Daniel
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-25-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
What I do is way simpler. I just get a life size blow up doll, put a skimpy little bikini on her and leave off the life jacket. I fill her up with dynamite and connect her to an ignition device that looks like a ski rope. When she's laying in the water, all the jerk boat and PWC drivers seem to get real close to her when they make their 40mph passes.

I just let 'em get close and "poof". The problem is that there seems to be an endless supply of these morons.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Great advice, keep it coming.