Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
I Am Looking For Some Die Hard Riders! I Have A 2004 24V And Looking For New Friends. Mine Can't Get Up Before Noon. I Also Have 2 Dry Suits And Want To Get Out When Ever. I Have A Very Flexible Schedule And Looking For The Same. Does That Sound Like A Hook Up Line? The More Females The Better,But All Is Invited, If You Have A Few Bucks To Kick In For Gas And Beer!!! If You Want To Try Wakeboarding That's Cool Too, As Long As Your Good Company And Can Weight Down The Back Of The Boat. Send A Reply If You Interested Or E-Mail At Lovh20@Yahoo.com
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-12-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
you need to get in touch w/ cliff, jeff and brad from this site. they ride as long as it's not raining.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm always up for riding, but I'm in Longview, which is 2 hours south of Seattle. If you're ever a little closer, or I'm just really itching to ride, we'll have to get together.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
i can ride monday's and most sundays when they finaly shut down the pass. I have a place on a lake but the boat wont go in the water untill late may.
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
i'm down for whenever! hit me up with an email. leslieheller@gmail.com

i go to the uw, and live on lake washington durning the summer.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-12-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
If you want to hook up with some early riders, get a hold of me. We have guys and gals that ride year round.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-12-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Please hook Cliff up, he's been whinning ever since I left Seattle.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Get Les in your boat. She's a GREAT 3rd -- I've got her well-trained about gas $$. ;)
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Laci too, especially if you can keep her in town for more than a day at a time and find a way to turn her gazillion air miles into gas money.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-12-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Jamey… 1st post I see. Welcome to WW.
It's not "Die Hard" this time of year.... the rain, ice, hail are all gone. It’s starting to get down right balmy by Seattle standards.

We are on lake Samm every Saturday morning that it’s not raining. Depending on the weather we often ride the N end of Lake WA on Sunday too. The water is much better on Samm! It is not light soon enough in the AM yet for morning sets… but soon!

Check for posts or contact Cliff…. He is usually the point person for planning. Our current routine has been to launch before 8:00. If your friends don’t get up till noon…… you might not be getting much good water.

What color is your Tige…. We will keep an eye out for you.

Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2005, 11:49 PM Reply   
Wow That's Great!

It Looks Like It Won't Be Hard To Find Riders This Spring. I Have Got Alot Of E-Mails From This Post And Decided To Make A List Of Riders And There Availablity. Here Is A Link With A Pic Of My Boat. If You See Me On The Water, Give Me A Haller! If You Want To Get A Hold Of Me Drop Me An E-Mail W/ Your Number And I Will Reply With Mine.

Jamey

http://img6.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc135&image=538_77054967_1.jpg

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-13-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
Hahn, Cliff hasn't been whining because of lack of hook up's, he misses you!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Jamey,

Did you buy that boat from Matt Detman in Vegas???

Hahn,

Face it, you miss our bright shining faces at 5:00am.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
Yes, I Did Get The Boat From Matt. Do You Know Something That I Don't? He Was Good To Work W/, But A Little Slow Getting My Title For Registration. I Drove Down To Vegas On A Friday Driving Through The Night Getting Back Monday Morning After A Sleepless Night Of Shots And Gambling.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Welcome to the beautiful Northwest! (This morning was wonderful, I woke up and looked at the water and wanted to hit it.)

This is Laci. Thanks for the referral Cal.

I usually ride with Cliff/Jeff/Brad and Troy.

Just sent you an email.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on April 13, 2005)
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-13-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Jamey,

Check your email.

If anyone is interested in heading north, I'm always on Lake Stevens.

Laci,

Shmitty is on the lake as of May 1st. . . Sold my house and moving in a couple of weeks!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Jamey,

Matt is a great guy. He helped us out when we had a HUGE trailer problem while visiting in Vegas. He essentially gave up his only mechanic for nearly the entire day to help us get back on the road, and it wasn't even a brand he sells.

If you frequent this site you'll see him post from time to time in the boats and accessories section.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
All-

Does Anyone Know Anything About Installing A Hot Water Shower? I Looked At The Kits And They Seem Self Explanatory. Has Anyone Installed One That Ran Into Problems? Or Maybe Some Tips To Help It Go Smooth.

Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
Shmitty -

Email me please. I had to reinstall my machine and I can't find your email on it.

-lap
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
HUGE trailer problem, yeah I guess a day of missed riding is HUGE.

But think about it with out the problem there would be no "House of A$$ Clowns"

Plane ticket to Vegas to see your buddy $200
Bearings for the trailer $300
Experiencing the House of Clowns..... Priceless
Old    wake_northwest            04-13-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
You all should check out my new web site at www.WakeboardNorthwest.com. It is focused on the Northwest wake scene. Join the forums there to find other people in the Northwest looking to ride.
Old     (jeff206)      Join Date: May 2004       04-14-2005, 2:03 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm in Australia right now but I'll be back mid-summer and i'm always down to get up early, where are you planning on doing most of your riding? also check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nwwake/ i think most people from above are on there as well. i'm happy to pitch in for gas and always looking for good riders as i'm still progressing from the semi-lame stage, jeffruth@hotmail.com
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
Cal-

Thanks For The Referral. Laci Seems To Be A Good Sport. We Hit Lake Washington In Front Of Her Pad Right Before Sun Down On Saterday. The Water Was Sweet And I Got Some Riding In Between Washington Rain Storms.

Ps. Laci, Your Driving Instructor Did A Good Job!

Jamey
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-18-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Jamey - It was great to meet you. Thank you for calling me up. I hate being on the water with no boat now, when the water goes flat like it was headed, last year I would jump in the boat and hit, but I can't anymore.

You have a very nice boat. Now you know where I am on the water, drop by anytime you need a third.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
Going Out Wakeboarding Tonight 4-18-05 On Lake Washington. Is Anyone Interested?

Jamey
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-18-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
If the water is butter in front of my house and I am home when you are in the neighborhood, I am in....
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-18-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
I miss all of you guys up in Sea Town. I wish I could be there freezing my arse off! NOT! 95 degrees today and a water temp of 75! Suckers!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-18-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Jamey, All the guys i.e. Cliff, Jeff, Mike, Brent, Porter are very cool. You should have no problems finding people to ride with.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
Hahn... 95... WOW... But you gotta get in the water to appreciate how warm it is.... I have not seen any pics of you riding for some time now! I know you miss your dry suit!

Jamey, What time today and what launch are you using. I don't have my gear with me but might be able to meet you if you are going to be near the North end of the lake.

Looks like the weather is getting better.... I will keep my bag in my truck just in case. Let me know.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-18-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
Being a photographer has many advantages. One isn't getting your own picture taken. These Pro's, just kill it on the water but don't know one end of the camera from another. Here is an example of what I get....

That is the best shot I've gotten of myself in a long time. Where's sean when you need him?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
I hope Cobe doesn't see you riding that board!

"TRAITOR"
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-18-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
grab that shizz!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
OBTW,

One year ago this week.

I plan on playing hooky a couple times this week.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2005, 12:34 AM Reply   
Jeff-

I Should Have Checked The Posts Before I Left Work. I Had A Cold Beer And Water On The Brain. Riding Was Great, But I Hit Something On The Way Back. I Bent One Of The Fins On My Prop. Should I Bend It Back, Or Take It Off And Give It To A Professional?........... A Beer Ended Up Being A Six In Kirkland........Hince The Prop!

Jamey
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-19-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
Jamey,
I would highly recommend that you take the prop off and have a professional bend it back, so as to know it was repaired properly. That does suck bigtime though. (knock on wood)
I'm always up for a day of riding if anyone wants another 3rd or 4th. Just wouldn't want to really travel for only an hour or two of riding. I hate being stuck in a craphole town.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-19-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for stopping by last night. Sorry I couldn't go. It will be the the last time I ditch riding for a guy. He didn't even show up till after 7pm. Next time he says 30 minutes, I will ignore him and hit the water.

Although it doesn't sound like you had a good ending to the night. Don't fix the prop yourself, you are just asking for future problems, take it to a professional. I will email you some recommendations.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Lloyd-

Thanks Lloyd For The Advise, But I Got Up At 6:00 This Morning And Grabbed A Pair Of Pliers And An Indicator To Make Sure The Shaft And Prop Was Running True. I Think It Should Be Ok. I Have The Boat Sitting In The Parking Lot Ready For Some Riding Tonight.

Laci-

It Sounds Like You Have Your Priorities In Order!
Sorry You Waited So Long While I Was Hitting Some Perfect Water Near The Bridge. Give Me A Call If You Want To Go Out Tonight.

Jamey
Old    stevewake            04-19-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey I live in Duvall which is like 30 mins from Lake Samm if anyone needs an extra person for weight, to make fun of, etc. I'm free all day any day other than mondays. Drop me an email: ssssteveo103@yahoo.com. Oh and I have gas money.
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
All-

Hitting Lake Washington At 4:00 Pm Tonight. If You Can Make It We Will Be Launching At Renton.

Jamey
Old    mikep            04-22-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Only one thing to add to this thread...Tige's kick ass. :-)
Old    mikep            04-22-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Oh, and one more thing. Jamey, what's up with capitalizing every word? My brain hurts just reading your post! :-)
Old     (lovh20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Porter-

I Programmed For Years And It Became A Habbit. YES!! Tige's Do Kick Ass
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-22-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Porter,

Quit flirting, you're a father now.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Porter's a dad???

That's it!

Porter a dad, Mike and Bonnie well on their way to being parents. So that's what normal people do in the winter.

Glad I brought my "DEMON SPAWN" into the world a few years back. He'll be trying boarding for the first time this year.