Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    rdiggler            11-20-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
i just got a xl oneil boost drysuit for my birthday. I have never wore a drysuit before and did not know what to expect. The suit fits good but the seals are so tight i feel like I'm going to choke out and my hands and feet go numb,not to mention the pain of taking it on and off. Will it loosen the more i wear it or is that the way it is supposed fit. I am on the skinny side so I don't think that is the problem. Is there any kind of lube your supposed. Any suggestions
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-20-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
You can trim the ankle and wrist seals but not the neck. Use a bottle to expand the latex seals a bit so you can make an accurate cut with a razor blade or x-acto knife. Follow the ribs around the seal for a even cut and don't take off too much, it has to be somewhat tight to seal. If you trim the neck seal you will disturb the threads and it will frey. The neck seal will stretch a bit over time. It feels akward at first but you won't even notice once you get used to it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-20-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
you can use baby powder for the latex seals for putting it on. It will slide right on with that stuff. The neoprene neck seal will stretch out a little bit once it gets wet a couple times.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-20-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
i trimmed my neck seal and it works great. follow the directions sparky wrote
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-20-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
The neck seal is glued together and then sewn together at the top to keep it from coming apart. Where mine was sewn it started to rip, so I took it to an alterations shop, and they cut about 3/4" of an inch off then sewed it again right at the seam and now it's good. Cost $2. You can have the neck seal trimmed if need be, but I would wear it first a couple times, then see how much you want to cut, if any.