Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
Why is a trick from last year winning in this year's contest?

WBM claims "This award is for the single most impressive, innovative and progressive move pulled all year"

( http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2011...-live-results/ )

I see the risk factor of the gap, but the Mute Mobe is at least 10 years old (ask Steve Wahlman) and fairly standard for some jr men's riders.

As impressive as this trick may be, it was not innovative, progressive or pulled all year. In fact, it was pulled LAST YEAR. That's right. Not in 2011, not in the preceding 365 days prior to the deadline.

Another contributor on this forum brought this to my attention so I did some digging:

Dean broke his ankle Sept 4, 2010 ( http://twitter.com/#!/deanwsmith/status/23018683596 ) and the Move of the Year deadline was Sept 8, 2010 ( http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2010...year-deadline/ ), so unless Dean hit the step up on his broken ankle, or they rebuilt the same set up again this year, Ruck must have landed this before the 2010 deadline.

from Sean Kilgus on Vimeo.

Strangely enough, you will notice that searching google will NOT find a 2011 deadline for this contest, nor will searching tagged articles for "Oakley Move of the Year" on WBM's website.

( http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2011...-live-results/ )

Was this a real contest? Why was no deadline shared publicly? Why is a trick that doesn't even qualify in 3 of out 4 descriptors (see below) winning?

"impressive"...yes
"innovative"...no, cuz I've seen step ups before this year
"progressive"...no, old trick stomped by lots of dudes by now
"pulled all year"...no, or at least we don't have footage of one from this year cuz Ruck did this one last year

Step up Mute Mobe @ 1:35

from Sean Kilgus on Vimeo.

Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
**** me.... get a life.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-13-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
Yay for winter!
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-13-2011, 5:52 PM Reply   
Cisco, I've got to admit. You are a **** stirrer but your premise is pretty funny.

A close look at the boats pulling Ruck and Dean and well, the boat in Ruck's doesn't present that good of a look, but it appears to be a Nauti, and definitely a base white one at that. Same color from Dean's video.

Boats? Inconclusive. Probably the most questionable portion.

Ruck is wearing the '11 One White Ed bindings. I can't tell what Deano is wearing. Also, who knows when those guys start rocking the new gear.

Gear? Inconclusive.

The first video, embedded in this thread, of Dean hitting the gap was posted on vimeo 5 months ago. I'm not going to go back and look at when the last trip was to Radar prior to that. Lighting set up is also different between the two videos, so that's not a tell. Also, we have no indication that the step up wasn't left for a year. Hell, if I owned Radar I'd leave that thing there. Just drain the water.

Video? Inconclusive.

Awesome and ballsy trick. Props to Ruck. I hope for TOTY that he did it in 2011 because there were obviously other excellent tricks.

It is what it is. Earlier today WW called Stewart riding solo, with no chase boat, "controlled conditions."

Wake is always entertaining.

/back to my vodka.

Last edited by bizzuck; 09-13-2011 at 5:56 PM. Reason: no need for me to reference McKenna
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-13-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Everyone's going to bash Cisco because of his reputation as a tinfoil hat wearer and a ****stirrer, but there are some legitimate concerns in his post. I don't care enough to investigate his claims, but maybe someone else will do it for me. Even if he's wrong about the year, it's easy to argue that Ruck's trick shouldn't have won because it wasn't innovative or progressive. But then again, that's a subjective judgement that isn't for us to make. Whoever made the decision thought Ruck should win, and we have to deal with it. It's not our award to give.

I'm just pissed that I can't find one friggen video of the nominees!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-13-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
good point cisco... do work
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
probably your best thread yet cisco.. hope its right. Although I have a ton of respect for the trick ruck pulled.. I feel like any cable rat could pull that off of a kicker
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
granted the trick its self may not be innovative, but the way it was done sure was. Off a kicker into an elevated pool? Sounds innovative to me! Pushing the sport and creating new ways to do things. I do agree there are some concerns and some of the things you brought up are legit, but I thought the trick was pretty sweet. Props to Ruck!

Last edited by gotwake133; 09-13-2011 at 8:27 PM.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-13-2011, 11:23 PM Reply   
hmm this one is tricky for me, when I heard mute mobe my first reaction was WTF. Taking a good look at the clip in Defy, even though its cut short, the trick looks pretty insane. Freeze the vid when Ruck is at the apex, take note of how ridiculously huge he has gone. Now take into account the elevated pool, so he has to judge the distance, where he lands etc. Its pretty freakin impressive. I think its really because we all expected a double flip or a 12 to take it this year that people arent that thrilled about this. Personally I think its an amazing trick and something we havent seen done before like that.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
I don't care what people say it's still a back mobe in my eyes and huge disappointment
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       09-14-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
I was there at Wake Awards when they aired all the videos and annouced the winner. Im telling you that Ruck's video was the best. It wasnt sketchy at all and dangerous as shyt. You have to understand that he isnt jsut doing the trick off a kicker, hes doing it onto a step up that is only a foot higher than the top of the kicker. plus, and this is the most insane, he is doing it into a pool of water that is only 6 inches deep and if thats not crazy enough for you, it was at night. Lets see some videos of the haters doing something on that level....
Old     (wakeboarder557)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 6:52 AM Reply   
It wasn't 6 inches deep, it was 16 inches.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
C'mon son.

The whole contest is fake and every pro rider in the industry is in on it?? Pretty far fetched.

The deadline is the awards ceremony.

We can argue all day about whether or not the trick was deserving. It's no different than an argument about who should have won (or not won) a tour stop. With subjectivity, it will always be that way.

Maybe the trick did go down in late 2010. As long as it wasn't submitted both years as an entry, then I don't see the problem.

I was pretty bummed that this trick won initially, but then I thought about all of the parking lot rail jams that I've been too, and the number of pros that I've seen get ejected from a pool. So many things can go wrong. You land too hard on edge, and you can easily find yourself on the ground. Well, Ruck did a mobe into a little pool.
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       09-14-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarder557 View Post
It wasn't 6 inches deep, it was 16 inches.
16? I could believe that. I coulda sworn the announcers at the WA said 6, but it was so loud in there it coulda been 16.
Either way, thats not very deep and I know I wouldnt try something that sketch....I tend to try and steer away from things that will probably send me to the hospital.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-14-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspeedin View Post
I was there at Wake Awards when they aired all the videos and annouced the winner. Im telling you that Ruck's video was the best. It wasnt sketchy at all and dangerous as shyt. You have to understand that he isnt jsut doing the trick off a kicker, hes doing it onto a step up that is only a foot higher than the top of the kicker. plus, and this is the most insane, he is doing it into a pool of water that is only 6 inches deep and if thats not crazy enough for you, it was at night. Lets see some videos of the haters doing something on that level....
You're completely missing the point. The point of the thread is whether or not the trick should have qualified based on the time it was performed.

Look at the videos, the gear and then decide if the trick was done in 2010.

I mean, you don't hear anyone saying, 'wow, Ruck won TOTY with a trick he's been doing since BEFORE Harley started riding.' The reason? Because nobody in the entire thread is questioning that it is "most insane."

Keep your eye on the ball. But, congrats. We are all pumped that you were at Wake Awards!

Oh, and well played with your "lets see some videos of the haters" Again, nobody is hating on the trick.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
Man... Do you even wakeboard?... Go pop an Ollie in the flats your borad lands deeper in the water then 6 inches if ruck was landing in 6 inches of water he probably wouldn't have knees left...
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-14-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
lmao @ Buck ^^ Nicely done sir.

Pass me a drink!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-14-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzuck View Post
nobody in the entire thread is questioning that it is "most insane."
I am. Mad props to Ruck, but until I see the nominees video, I'm not convinced that his was the best trick.
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-14-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
I tend to try and steer away from things that will probably send me to the hospital.
Such as life? Because that in itself will send you to the hospital. Be carefu... oh wait
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       09-14-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveronix199 View Post
Man... Do you even wakeboard?... Go pop an Ollie in the flats your borad lands deeper in the water then 6 inches if ruck was landing in 6 inches of water he probably wouldn't have knees left...
Wakeboarding? Is that where you hold onto a trashcan lid and slide down a mountain?
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-14-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wakeboarding? Is that where you hold onto a trashcan lid and slide down a mountain?
Going for a new land speed record! Clark W. Griswold...
Attached Images

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
And once again Cisco points out why WW can be so completely annoying. Cancel that, WW only provides the forum for Cisco to be annoying. Here's my thoughts on the entire matter summed up in one sentence.

It's wakeboarding, have fun and stop taking it so seriously.

And not to feed into your conspiracy theory but couldn't he have landed this on September 9th, 2010? Would that have been ok? Who says that they only rode it until Dean broke his leg? Why not come back a week later? Once again, the original point stands...WHO CARES?!?!?!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
^^^ I care, obviously. Do you like to get excited about something only to be disappointed? Conspiracy is Rathy's pro model or a crime committed by two or more people. WBM could have a fake contest for publicity and it wouldn't be a crime, so it's not a conspiracy.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-14-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, this is why I don't visit this site anymore.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-14-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
This is funny. Especially Small Light and Schooledrider. What's wrong with someone questioning the validity of a contest? Is it really any different than a rider questioning the scores of judges following a run? I mean, answer this: Why shouldn't this contest have some sort of accountability? Who are the people that support the wake industry?

Its not like Cisco's theory is out there far enough to be equated with 'the US gov't knocked down the Twin Towers.' Did he not back up his position with some research and a few facts?

His premise doesn't fly in the face of all reasonable thought, does it? If it does, go ahead and state your position why. That would certainly be more productive than simply saying this is "why WW can be so completely annoying" and "this is why I don't visit this site anymore."

I guess we could just do this, since we all know these guys read the forum:

Ruck, When did you first land the back mobe into the pool, the trick that won the TOTY 2011?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
I honestly could care less when it was landed.. just that it won lol
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
The twin towers were demolished by explosives placed throughout the buildings, not by fires, not by planes, not by Bin Laden, and definitely not by the government. Who put the explosives in the buildings? My guess is Israeli soldiers working for American traitors who granted them access to the buildings. But this is a wakeboard forum and we should avoid political talk.

Either way, it's not right to mislead people. We the people deserve transparency like JFK said (don't even start on that conspiracy).

If Ruck's Mute Mobe was the most progressive trick all year, despite the secret tricks Harley was throwing down, then how come it's been over a week and we still can't see the video of the nominees?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
you're kidding about 9/11 right... You totally had a solid argument going til that last post.. idk how you're gonna get any support now
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Jeez...I'm not kidding. You were fooled. We were all fooled.

Can we just let it go? It was 10 years ago. I had to set the story straight, but this is totally the wrong place to discuss such a sensitive topic.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2011, 10:19 PM Reply   
Cisco, thank you for that info, to think for the last 10 years I thought that jihadist muslims killed 3000+ americans

Since you know everything, are smarter than everyone, and seem to have all the answers, answer this for me;

Should I start Jermichael Finley this week or go with my back up TE Greg Olsen. It says that Finley is "probable" for this week, which usually means he will play, but if so, how effective will he be? Can he really run his routes while nursing a sore ankle? they are playing carolina and are a heavy favorite, I worry that if Greenbay starts blowing them out, they will bench finley. I am up against my coworker this week and really need to beat him so I don't hear his crap for a whole week. He is favored by 3 points with finley as my TE, did not check to see what the point spread would be if I play Olsen.

Also, when importing footage from my GoPro in 1080p to FCE, should I import it through another program such as quicktime, or import it directly to FCE?

Finally, my 99 civic commuter has 240K miles on it. I just got it from some clueless girl that did not take care of it. A quick look at the timing belt shows that is in good condition, but they are to be changed every 80K miles. I have no idea when it was last changed, and even though it looks in good condition, should i spend the $150 on the belt/waterpump/pully/gasket kit and replace it, or should I get my windows tinted on my Axis. Afterall, the window tint is the final project for the boat then I am done... OR should I wait on the window tint til the middle of winter when I am not using it for a few months, hold off on the timing belt til next winter, and take that $150 and donate it to organizations like CAIR who do nothing but slam America and Jews, spreading rumors and theories designed to hurt the greatest country in the history of the world (that would be America) and Gods chosen people (that would be the Jews)? I am sure you have their number, pm me with it so i can get some more info.

thanks.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
the above was all in fun.... except for the Jermichael Finley thing... I only have until sunday 1:00pm EST to decide.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2011, 11:48 PM Reply   
Lol
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
im starting finely this week
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-15-2011, 4:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
cisco, thank you for that info, to think for the last 10 years i thought that jihadist muslims killed 3000+ americans

Since you know everything, are smarter than everyone, and seem to have all the answers, answer this for me;

should i start jermichael finley this week or go with my back up te greg olsen. It says that finley is "probable" for this week, which usually means he will play, but if so, how effective will he be? Can he really run his routes while nursing a sore ankle? They are playing carolina and are a heavy favorite, i worry that if greenbay starts blowing them out, they will bench finley. I am up against my coworker this week and really need to beat him so i don't hear his crap for a whole week. He is favored by 3 points with finley as my te, did not check to see what the point spread would be if i play olsen.

Also, when importing footage from my gopro in 1080p to fce, should i import it through another program such as quicktime, or import it directly to fce?

Finally, my 99 civic commuter has 240k miles on it. I just got it from some clueless girl that did not take care of it. A quick look at the timing belt shows that is in good condition, but they are to be changed every 80k miles. I have no idea when it was last changed, and even though it looks in good condition, should i spend the $150 on the belt/waterpump/pully/gasket kit and replace it, or should i get my windows tinted on my axis. Afterall, the window tint is the final project for the boat then i am done... Or should i wait on the window tint til the middle of winter when i am not using it for a few months, hold off on the timing belt til next winter, and take that $150 and donate it to organizations like cair who do nothing but slam america and jews, spreading rumors and theories designed to hurt the greatest country in the history of the world (that would be america) and gods chosen people (that would be the jews)? I am sure you have their number, pm me with it so i can get some more info.

Thanks.
lmao
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-15-2011, 5:30 PM Reply   
http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...ute-back-mobe/

Sure that lots of you have seen this, but for those who haven't. Pretty dang awesome.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2011, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Jeez...I'm not kidding. You were fooled. We were all fooled.

Can we just let it go? It was 10 years ago. I had to set the story straight, but this is totally the wrong place to discuss such a sensitive topic.
I still think you have to be joking. The subject matter expert here is armed with a dry/erase board and a marker to provide his scientific explanations....oh, and English doesn't appear to be his first language, but at least he has a hat!

Last edited by wakekat15; 09-15-2011 at 7:09 PM. Reason: Removed videos
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-19-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
Anyone know where the TOTY video is?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-20-2011, 6:54 AM Reply   
The title of the thread questions if this is a "fake contest?". What would be the purpose of having a fake contest? I don't see the motivation in selecting Ruck's trick over Rusty's or Harley's or any of the other nominees. I'm not sure who is on the committee that decides so it is hard to figure the motivation , if any, to select one trick above another.

And as far as whether it qualifies....

If it was landed after the 2010 Awards... yes
"impressive"...yes
"innovative"...yes, mute mobe, off a kicker, into a pool 16" deep,6' above the lake at night. = impressive
"progressive"...Only a hand ful of riders are getting being pulled behind a boat, hitting a kicker UP into a pool. Not to mention it was a mobe and at night

NOW with that being said...

I saw the other nominees and it was not the most impressive to ME. But I wasn't voting. But I also have no problem with Ruck winning. The trick is worthy of the honor.

I hope that if I ever win something that i don't have a bunch of people on a forum discussing how I didn't deserve it. Be happy for Ruck, I am.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-20-2011, 9:28 AM Reply   
^^^ Perhaps I should have said "RIGGED contest". You said yourself that you "saw the other nominees and it was not the most impressive".
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-20-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Although cisco may be the most obnoxious member on WW his threads are always entertaining. (not quite so much as his political views)....... Anyways.... Back to my post. In my opinion it seems kinda lame that so many people are judging and making assumptions or what not over toty when only very few have even seen the nominees. When I heard ruck won with his move I was a bit surprised but who am I to decide if it was worthy of toty? I haven't seen not one video of another move that was a nominee, which brings me to my next point.

In my own opinion, I think all of the secret hammers that have been going down all year will remain secret. However, I'm sure a lot of new wake films will be coming out soon and I think that is where you will be able to find most of these tricks going down. With all of the web videos going down in the past couple years I'm sure it is hurting filmmakers business. Now, wanna hear my conspiracy theory???? I think someone within the industry has made an effort to sabotage any effort to upload any content that is or could be used for future films. They don't want us to watch a 3 min clip on WW, they want is to actually get out and go buy the films. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that how they make their money? As some of you know WW has been having issues lately. For me, the issues began Friday morning after the wake awards and during surf expo. I could be overanalyzing a bit but in my opinion that is what I believe is going on. Anyone else?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-20-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
Here is the winning move...

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Last edited by wakeworld; 09-20-2011 at 3:41 PM.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-20-2011, 6:32 PM Reply   
First of all, I love America. We are sitting on some prime real estate inhabited by some of the most kindhearted people in the world. If North America were a loaf of bread, Canada and Mexico would be the stale ends that nobody wants. Sorry Mexico, its just too hot. Canuckers...you wouldn't come down to Florida so much if it wasn't true. My views in this thread were related to physics, not politics. I don't even vote. But everyone else should. (no Kat, I'm not joking)

Second, after reading D-NASTY's post, I could see why it has been 2 weeks and still no nominees video online. A bunch of the nominee footy was from Defy, so to show us now would spoil the movie and as a result less people would buy it. I still wanna know what Harley submitted for TOTY. There must have been more progressive that a Mute Mobe.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2011, 1:16 AM Reply   
Hi,
Harleys trick was a B/S 10 W2W, it probably wast progressive because it was a trick that was done of the double up as well.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
He should have done it jumping off a building, and then he probably would have won....... That's sick! W2W bs 10 is crazy, isn't it only him and Rathy that have landed it off the double up?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Harley w2w HB 10 (older footy but still insane)

Last edited by Cisco; 09-21-2011 at 2:27 PM. Reason: I forgot to type a title
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-21-2011, 4:19 PM Reply   
rathys was wrapped and wrapped/ole.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2011, 1:43 AM Reply   
Rathy, Steele, and Harely have landed bs10 of the double up, and Harley is the only person in the world to do it w2w and he has landed either 4 or 5.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2011, 5:16 AM Reply   
Oakley should call it stunt of the year, cuz it doesn't seem to matter what trick is done, as long as the set up is more dangerous than normal.

I guess if I wanna win next year I should do a whirlybird off a kicker over a moving freight train. Or maybe a Crowmobe over spinning helicopter blades with sharks in the water. No wait, that's no good. I watch too much Discovery Channel. Wait! I know! A big floaty backside 180 off a step up kicker at midnight in Iraq wearing the used panties of a Vietnamese prostitute. Hmmm, still just doesn't seem dangerous enough to win...
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-22-2011, 7:03 AM Reply   
Wake to wake BS10 prolly shoulda won, although I'm curious to see what it was up against. I definitely prefer it to a mute back mobe.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-22-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
I'm glad it is still warm in Houston so I do not have to worry about this stuff, but I do wish I could see all of the nominiees. When does Defy go on sale?
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-22-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
you can pre-order it now.

http://defythemovie.com/
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2011, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I'm glad it is still warm in Houston so I do not have to worry about this stuff, but I do wish I could see all of the nominiees. When does Defy go on sale?
Hinted at November by Kilgus, but he's still editing and history would say it'll likely be later.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2011, 9:51 PM Reply   
"My model explains all the observed features on 11th September
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-22-2011, 11:22 PM Reply   
Kindly STFU about September 11th. This is a wakeboarding forum. Thanks.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
If you haven't figured it out already, the media lies to us. Whether it's WBM or CNN, you always need to weigh all the "facts" and really think about what you are told. Like in any workplace, there are crooked people at McDonalds, Best Buy, New York Times, Popular Mechanics, congress, the White House, etc. We need to trust our government with a watchful eye, just like you might make sure all you food is in the bag before you leave the drive thru. Didn't the American Revolution rise to overthrow the exploitive British government?

Here is a little secret that China has been hiding.

Old     (acerock88)      Join Date: May 2008       09-23-2011, 6:03 PM Reply   
So... China faked the TOTY contest. I knew it.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-23-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Whether it's WBM or CNN, you always need to weigh all the "facts" and really think about what you are told.
When I feel like weighing the facts about 9/11, I'll be sure to consult a reputable news outlet. When I don't feel like weighing these facts, I like to relax on WW.