Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-01-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
All I can say is...it was NECTAR! Just wanted to say thanks to Murray, Moye, Langley, and Rattray who are all amazing coaches but more importantly flat out good dudes!

Also, big thanks to all the crew at Performance. We were there almost everyday and they were great.

I love where I live in Sacto area, but I must say that I am quite jealous of the Orlando scene.

Anyway...it was an epic week. Can't wait to go back next year!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-01-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
Awesome to hear! Yeah those guys are all great dudes and Im fortunate to have them so close and use Performance as my local shop.

I saw a few of their photos they posted throughout the week and looks like you had a good time and the weather (minus day 1) worked out for you. Did Shaun say anything about moving his new G23 over there or is he keeping it at his house?

Did you guys get to check out any of the wakeskate tour happening over this week?

I highly recommend to anyone to visit TBS...class act operation! Hell I even went to Home Depot with Shaun when I was there. Had a great time talking to him one on one!
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-02-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
The weather ended up being great. Once the rain went away it was perfect. Travis is always posting pictures of the glass out there but I was always a little suspicious. It's legit. Glass all day long. If one of the lakes has a little ripple, the other one would be smooth. It was awesome.

I don't think Shaun is using his G23 there. He said it wasn't insured for those lakes. Maybe down the road they will, but for now it's just the X-Star and 230.

We did check out some of the wake skate action on Thurs. They were just practicing though.

I second the endorsement for TBS. World-class! Well worth the $. Not only did I improve my Wakeboarding, but I've got memories to last a lifetime.
Old     (voler)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-02-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
How much did you spent there? Maybe you can PM me if its uncomfortable here. I would like to there but i am at a veryyyyyyy faaarrr awaay country. South East Asia actually.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
South Asia ?? What do they have for wakeboarding out there...?
Old     (voler)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 11:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
South Asia ?? What do they have for wakeboarding out there...?
Pretty much everything the same except boarding camps!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-04-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
+1 for The Boarding School. Murray, Moye, Rattray and Langley are excellent coaches, extremely fun to hang out with and all around great people. Well worth the money and trip to Orlando.

I was there the week after Shaun injured himself at Wake Games - even though he was understandably/obviously in a tremendous amount of pain due to fracturing some of his ribs, he still showed up at the camp to take everyone out to lunch and to visit for a while. That's true dedication/loyalty to his fans.

I will be going back for sure.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-04-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
I wonder if they know that their site is hacked. I just checked it and am being diverted.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
They know. It's apparently a google issue not tbs.

Type in :http://www.theboardingschool.com/ and the link works correctly.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-04-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Cool, yeah I found a different link and it worked out well. Sucks for them that the Google search is buggered up.