Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-02-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
What sites do you use when searching for new and used boats?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-02-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
onlyinboards.com
boattrader.com
iboats.com
craigslist.com
wakeworld.com
planetnautique.com

Then after all that, visit your local dealer.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-02-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
If you are looking for new on most of those sites, make sure not to put a price requirement in. Most dealers are not allowed to post the price for current model boats, so there is no advertised price. It usually just says: "call for price". Most of the time they can post prices for non-current model year stuff if they want.

The search functions on onlyinboards and boattrader.com are very good. For Craigslist, you need to pick the city and it searches very well also.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
waterski or wakeboard mag. They have most the boats and reviews on them.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-03-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
onlyinboards.com

I may be wrong, but i think OIB indexes several other sites... Nice and easy.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
^^^^Thanks for the referring the site guys!

yep, we index other sites (but put those at the back of the results). Used to index ebay and craigslist but they put an end to that unfortunately.

We did add a new advanced search that allows you to search by just about any year, make and now model... as well as filtering for boats with towers, direct drive vs. v-drive, perfect pass... etc etc etc. However, those more advanced search functions will only return boats that were placed on OnlyInboards and not listings from other sites. But, considering there are over 2000 boats listed (not including the other indexed listings), there is a pretty good selection.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-03-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
I'ld highly suggest onlyinboards.com. I listed my boat on there and got tons of hits on the site.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-03-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of selling my boat if I can come up with the difference next Spring to get something newer. I've been looking at onlyinboards a lot and agree it is a great site, but seems to really favor pure wake boats over crossovers like my Sunscape LSV. Do you think other sites are better for boats like mine? Oh, also, the Wakeworld for Sale forum is good as well.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-03-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
Ian, the adv search is the biz. Used it this morning with great results. The only problem is now I want the boat i found!!

Les, I don't think so. "malibu lsv" has to be fairly popular search. just don't restrict yourself to any categories.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
But no sales . Sorry da.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-03-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Nope, no sale. Sucked but again there are other opportunities awaiting. :-)

Ian told me that the majority of the sales on the site were in the 30k range. Since the 24Ve I had was in the 54k range, there was interest but the higher priced boats didn't go quickly or go at all. I am sure Ian will explain more.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
Try this website. It shows every Craiglist and Ebay boat sale in the country. Just put a boat brand and then put the type in the filter ie: Enzo. Then start calling.
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
well, the thread above this explains it all. People are looking for steals. Generally the only reason someone is looking in winter is so they can get the best deal possible. Not really the best news for boat owners looking to get a good price on their boat.

I could get more info on the types of boats that are generating leads and price range but it would take some effort to go through all of that. Maybe i'll try to spend an hour or so doing it later on this week.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Oh yeah leave the location blank and it will search across the nation. I did find a great transport company that specializes in boat delivery they are located on the only inboard website. I tried getting rates from Uship and got nothing but flakes and inexperienced tow people.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-03-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
hope onlyinboards is good. Just listed my xstar there.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-03-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
For new boats I think
http://wakeboardingmag.com/virtual_boats.jsp

does a pretty good job for those companies that pay go get it done. For that reason they are not all there but it shows good comparison and they go back a few years too which really helps on specs on used boats
Old     (collin)      Join Date: May 2002       12-03-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
I found and bought mine off onlyinboards
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
By Miguel ..............
craigslist.com

http://www.craigslist.org works quite a bit better.

And http://www.crazedlist.org is a good search engine for searching CL.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on December 03, 2008)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-04-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
I have bought off wakeworld and Boattrader.com. I have checked out onlyinboards every so often to. one thing i can suggest is checking out your local auto dealer auctions. I have seen a few nice boats go through not to long ago a nice 06 VLX everything cehcked out if I remember right it went for 34500 I believe with about 178 hours. I only by boats I feel i can make money on. I don't like to purchase anything I cant liquidate quickly.