Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a separate volume control, for the tower speakers and the int boat speakers?
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Yes. I run 2 pac-2 controlers that control the gain on each amp. easy install doesn't cost much to do
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-26-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
wetsounds ws 420 equalizer for me. Couldnt be happier with it.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I seperate my speakers with an EQ as well. An EQ is almost manditory with all the gain controls. Kill two birds with one stone.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
Clarion EQS746 is a cheaper option than the WS-420 if you are looking for that.. Search ebay and google and you can find some great deals.
I have one and love it. I run my sub through it, my tower speaker amp and cockpit speaker amp. you can fade between tower and cockpit to have more on tower/less on cock pit and control sub separately.. Plus it is an EQ..

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-26-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Tower amp on the "Rear" head unit RCA's and the cabin amp on the "Front" head unit RCA's and just use the fade knob.

Doesn't cost me a dime to set it up this way.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2008, 1:36 AM Reply   
Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS HU
Zapco SP4-SL
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 350.2
Zapco 500.1
(2)Polk Momo 6.5
(2)Polk Mome 6x9
(2) Wetsounds Pro80s
(1) JL 10W6

A full fange unfiltered signal feeds a the SP4-SL from the HU. The SP4 takes that signal, and provides 3 outputs, Front, Rear and Sub. It has a fader and sub control prior to the volume control on the SP4. Works awesome.

I send the SP4 'Rear' output to a 360.4 driving the (4) Polk Momos for the cabin. I send the SP4 'Front' output to the 350.2 driving the wetsounds on the tower. I send the 'Sub' output the 500.1 driving a JL10W6.

I can balance the cabin levels by using balance on the HU...and the two gain adjustments on the 360.4. By changing the fader adjustment on the SP4, I can crank the tower without blasting out the cabin. Sub adjustment scales with volume.

It the SP4 is the perfect processor for a boat application.

(Message edited by kitewake on July 27, 2008)
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-27-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
I use PAC LC-1 level controls fro each pair of speakers--work great and are cheap and easy to install
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
I run 3 Pac-1's. One for the sub, one for the boat speakers, and one for the tower. Can't get much easier.

Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
thx guys, must go shopping
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-27-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
I'll 3rd the Pac LC-1
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2008, 1:41 AM Reply   
Deck with front, rear, and sub output. Just fade between front, and rear. Or if that is too much of a pain, due to location, or accessability, the LC-1's work great.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
^^^^+3 for the front, rear and sub set up on the deck it's simple to just fade it front and rear. I also have a sub knob that came with the amp that I use which is nice when you get a little based out.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
just a fyi... some pac installs require long lengths of rca cables which can cause a lot of problems and additional parts (such as a line driver) due to output of the head unit (try to avoid rca cable lengths over 2 meters total)

some amps accept separate volume controls - much better due to running a volume cable than a signal cable.
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Try a line level remote from radio shack. super cheap and easy to put in. gets the job done.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:51 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us