Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
So I guess I am going to Palm Springs next month. Is there any wake scene in or around there?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-14-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
there's a place called Sunset Ranch Oasis which is just outside Palm Springs. private ski lake. I rented the house for a long weekend once. the lake was fun, and we had it all to ourselves.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-14-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Isn't that lake really shallow? How was your wake?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-14-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
it was about 4-5 feet deep. I had an old DD with only about 1300 lbs in it. the wake was pretty small. If you have a good boat with a good amount of weight in it, I dont see how it would be a problem getting a good wake out of it though.
"Bakodise" is a perfect example of that.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-14-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I rode there when I lived in L.A. Its crazy shallow, you get really no wake.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
It's only 2 hours to Blythe on the Colorado River, some great spots right around there, HOT in August, but so is Palm Springs!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-14-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
I think it is all about your set up. where I typically ride now, it is 5 feet deep and the wake is HUGE!
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-20-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Train. I think I am staying right nex tto that lake. Any idea if there is anyone to catch a pull from?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-20-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
I think someone runs a wake school at the neighboring lake. you could check them out. wake boot camp or something like that is the name.
good luck.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
We rented the Sunset Ranch for a bachelor party a few years back. We brought our fully weighted X-star. The wake was pretty money. If we spent a bit more time we would have made it better. A bit more weight in the back probably could have done the trick. It's a blast though. Having the lake to yourself is fun.

It is SHALLOW!!! I'd say no more than 3.5'. You can easily stand just over waist deep. We were standing in one end of the lake drinking beer while the boat/rider went around us for their turn around. The lake was also 90 degrees. Basically a bath tub.

Good luck, man. I'm sure there's somewhere to ride down there. We saw a bunch of private lakes.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-20-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys.

After a little research, I am staying right next to Shadow Lake in Indio. Seems as though it is a private lake with a few big money home on it. The real estate website showed a picture of the boat lifts and they all aappeared to have wakeboats in there..or at least ski boats w/ towers. I will certainly take a drive by there w/ a curious eye.