Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Haven't been this summer, yet, and have reservations for the 4th but people are backing out due to the water level. We stay at the E Loop (Mc Clure Point) and the water is usually near the dry storage area and (in the lower lake levels) could usually drive down to the water in the cove. Last year, found out that the Mc Clure Point "small marina" wasn't even open (due to the level). Anyone got any info or picts of the level?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
The level was stupid low during memorial day weekend. We could not even launch out of horseshoe bend. That end of the lake was almost un-rideable it was so low. I think I heard a statistic that its at less than 60% of capacity. Personally I would try another lake.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
Wow that doesn't sound good for our normal Labor day trip.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Dizzle- Thanks for the heads up!
With the crazy gas prices, wouldn't want to show up for a 3 day weekend of low conditions. We needed more water last winter!! Man, such an awesome lake...they need to quit emptying it out!!

Action- Would hate to see it by Labor Day. We, too, always have a annual 4th trip and had to cancel last year because of the levels. We are set for Don Pedro in August but I'm sure it's no different.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
Exactly my sentiments DPwake. IMHO I should have been contacted by the horseshoe bend campground when they KNEW we could not launch out of the campgrounds. I would have planned a trip elsewhere had I known this information.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2008, 11:10 PM Reply   
DPwake

I just spent all last week towing high schoolers up at McClure. The lake is coming up. I was out there before Memorial day, and since then I would say that the water has come up at least 20 feet.

Barrett Cove still isn't allowing launching, but you should park your rig at Barrett cove because the ranger notified me that a couple weeks back people were stealing catalitic converters off cars. Freaking ridiculous. Mike Schweene had his attempted to be stolen, but they couldn't get it off his car.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention DP

I will be up there during the 4th also, what color is your prostar?
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-23-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Rick-

Hey, thanks for the water report...that's great news! Not so much about the thievery going on, though. We'll be sure to stay clear of that. Don Pedro has the trailer light thieves...we didn't find out until our buddy told us. Luckily, nothing was taken.
Our boat is green and white...same color striped bimini. What color is your Sanger...I'll keep an eye out.

Darlene
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
I don't know if my Sanger will be up there, but it is all black with a black bimini. We will either be up there in that, or a blue and white Mastercraft x-45.

Ill keep my eyes peeled