Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       03-25-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
One of my rear brake rotors on my 2007 Zeiman trailer has a couple cracks in it. How do you go about replacing these? Where is a good place to get the new rotor? Thanks for the help.Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  64.5 KB
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
Pull the brake line then pull the big bolt on the right in the photo, pry the gap open a bit, and the whole assembly comes right off.

https://caltrailerworks.com/online/p...6&cat=1&page=1

Pop the whole new assembly back on, torque the big bolt, bleed the brakes, done...

eezy peezy

ps, next time let the brakes cool down a bit before dunking the trailer in the water, that should help avoid cracking in the future. Did you check the other side yet?
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       03-25-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, the other side is cracked too.
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       03-25-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
Went with these. A little expensive but should be an easy replacement and everything will be new.

https://caltrailerworks.com/online/p...8&cat=1&page=1
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-27-2013, 11:40 PM Reply   
Comparatively $210 for a complete new arm, spindle, bearings, rotor, caliper, and pads seems pretty reasonable. For me the issue is time. I am happy to pay an extra $200-300 so I don't need to spend a full day dealing with greasy bearings.

By the way, this is also a good opportunity to raise or lower your trailer ride height. I raised mine 1" to gain some needed propguard clearance and it even seems to trailer much better now.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-28-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
Do any companies make drilled or slotted rotors for trailers? After the new wheels it'd be nice to have better looking brakes.
I don't have torsion axles also.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-30-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
I prefer to stay with a flat braking surface that will not promote as much rust as one with holes or slots. Boat brakes and car brakes are completely different applications with totally different challenges.