Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-01-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Recently FUEL.TV's Web site was redesigned, redeployed and the sports that FUEL covers were broken out into individual hubs. This change makes it easier to navigate directly to the sport you want to read about without guessing where content & stories are. Now all of the sports get fair & equal treatment on the site in general; from the home page and the main flash rotating feature all the way down the line.

In doing all of this, they did some hiring.

I'm really excited to say that I'm FUEL's Wakeboarding & Wakeskating Editor now. It means that the work I've done elsewhere will sort of draw to a close, though I won't be retiring wakeboardreport.com by any means. There are certain types of features, and certain stories that will only ever be appropriate there.

I'm in very cool peer company in that position - my peer group is comprised of ex-pro athletes, pro photographers and other highly-qualified people. How I wound up in that bunch, I'll never know :-) Actually there are a few people with similar backstories to mine - but it's a neat group.

Anyway, the new FUEL.TV is up and working well although we're still working out a few bugs. I want to point out to/remind everyone that FUEL definitely cares a lot about wakeskating and wakeboarding - as shown by devoting an entire hub to it.

For what it's worth, I got, and will continue to get, a lot of story ideas from here and other forums so I also wanted to thank the community here constantly producing interesting material and timely information.

I hope you have a chance to pay a visit, bookmark us, or hopefully both. To say that the site is going to stay fresh with great content, video and photos is an understatement. The stuff we've got lined up is unreal.

Thank you,
Erik

----------------------------
Erik Jernberg
erik.jernberg@fuel.tv
http://www.fuel.tv/wakeboarding/
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-01-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Right on, congrats Erik, I will check it out often.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-01-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
NICE!!! Congrats Erik. I will definitely be visiting.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
huge fan of PULL here... glad to see you guys progress and keep it up. congrats on the position too!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
nice, congrats! need a video editor?
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-01-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
I pay extra for the sports package just for FUEL TV and its wakeboarding coverage. FUEL is the only channel i watch in the package. tell your bosses!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-01-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Congrats Eric! Any other positions available? Where can I send my resume? haha
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-01-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
Congrats Erik, You still got 2001.com?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-01-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hi David,

Yes - www.the2001.com - still and for as far as I can foresee! I'm on new hardware, systems and services for all of the sites.

Thanks,
Erik
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Very Cool Erik!

Congratulations!
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-01-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new job. But really I just wanted to tell you your profile pic cracked me up.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-01-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
I look great don't I?