Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    reddog25cf            06-24-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
Right now I'm riding on my cousin's '03 Parks DNA, but I'm looking to buy my own board. Has anybody ridden both of these boards? And if so, what are the major differences between them? Also I'm using the '03 Belmont bindings right now and love them, but looking at getting the Parks bindings. Whaddya think?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Well if you like the belmonts, buy some of those.
IMO the main differance between the two boards is the Byerly is "tighter" on the water. They both have alot of the same characteristics. I like the parks more, a little more layed back, but still really aggressive.
Old    reddog25cf            06-24-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Now does the byerly have the center fins or the quad fin setup like the parks?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
has a removable center wit 2 molded 1 in. deep on each side
Old    reddog25cf            06-24-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
Without the center fins, will it ride similar to the parks? Looser? Still tighter?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
i haven't ridden a byerly but from my expeirences on my premy it will be looser on edge and more locked in when sitting the flat but easier to breaf loose then teh parkx
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2003, 11:52 PM Reply   
the parks has alot more pop i think. i ride the byerly and it is ALOT tighter than the Parks. both are great boards, but it is a real tossup as to which i think is better.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
Without the center fin the byerly is really loose. I like a loose board but it was too loose for me so i pput .7 fins on it. The parks with the 1.3's is tight for me so i am going to change the fins on it as well. Both are great boards. The byerly is easier to ride where as the parks can be tricky. Personally i ride the parks more because i get more height with it and smoother landings. Try them both and see what you like...
Old    reddog25cf            06-25-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
Without the center fin do you think it would be about as loose as a LF Subjekt? I really like the quad fin setup on the Parks, but I've heard too many good things about the Byerly to not try it. I'm going to Wisconsin for the week of the 4th. There's a board shop up there, so I'm going to demo a Byerly with the Byerly bindings and see how I like em. Most people I talk to thinks the Parks is a loose board, but I don't have any problems at all tracking with that board. Now with the Subjekt I rode, that board was waaaay looser. I'll let you guys know what I think after I ride it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-25-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
sean,

parks is a faster board. i say the byerly is a much looser board, but then again I have the finless byerly. byerly is a smoother ride. both boards pop really well.

as for bindings, make sure to check out CWB zeus. similar in function to the belmont, but a lot lighter and more flexible. they hold you to the board really well, and the footpad has two layers, one squishy layer like the HL bindings but a little less squishy layer on top of that. this lets the landings be soft, yet you have a better feel for the board.