Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-01-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I understand there are lots of these out there, but I guess I'm here to ask the same thing.

Can anybody offer a review as far as switching from a Premier to a Covin? I rode a Continuous earlier on, and afterward switched to a 3 Stage. I've heard rave reviews on the Covin, and the idea of a fast continuous board is intriguing again to me.

Thank you very much! I'll be checkin this throughout the day.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
No personal experience with the Hyperlite here. My buddy Just got the Covin this summer and he loves it (I loved it too). Very fast and very different from my One. He used to ride some kind of hyperlite and said it took some adjusting but he wouldn't go back now (And he loves the cell bindings too....closed toe ftw)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
I love my Covin. Really fast board.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-01-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Pullin' the trigger on a new 07 143 Covin. Super stoked.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
Nice, congrats.
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
Congrats.

And for that comparison. They are pretty different boards.. The covin is more of a go fast board, where the hyperlite is more poppy. I'd compare the Covin to the 3ds, or whatever the new name is for it.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-01-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
yeah i'm pretty stoked on it. I used to ride a continuous board, and then jumped on the 3 stage, becasue of the smaller wakes i was on. but now with much bigger wakes, and better form i can go bigger and more into the flats with a continuous board. I'm lookin forward to it. The picture below landed a few feet in the flats, but i want to be able to drift something like this way out there.

Upload

I've been trying to get more in the flats, and still go big, but its just getting hard to do on my Premier. Still love it to death, but just needed something i can cut in harder and faster on.