Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-10-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
Help me guys. My wife wants to spend $300 on 08' bindings for her 06' Hyperlite, but I told her that it would make more sence to spend a little more and get a newer combo or binds and board. What do you think? Jet
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Depends on what the board is, the boards condition, and if she likes the board or not. If all 3 answers are positive I think the very BEST bet is the most high end binding she can get. Bindings are the single most important thing for comfort and safety, aside from a lifevest, as far as gear goes. Package deals are offering some good bindings but if she is a regular rider the higher end bindings are far better. Don't close your eyes to other brands of bindings too!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-10-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
She likes what she likes.....
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
if she likes the board then theres no sence in changing. bindings are something that are more time sensitive than boards. they wear out and become less supportive faster than a board goes. but hey...if you can afford it, buy a whole new setup. the new syn line for girls from hyperlite is really nice. same stuff the guys have just a little lighter and pink. like i said if you can afford it buy everything. its good for the wake economy
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-10-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
This is the wife...I LOVE my board! It is an '06 Hyperlite Eden with HORRIBLE bindings that cuts off the circulation in my toes. My girlfriend has Ronix bindings, which she recommended and I tried the '08s today, and really like the support and comfort.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
It sounds like you have made up your mind. That board is far from out of date so stick with it and go try on as many bindings as you can!
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-10-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
are you talking about the ronix halo bindings? cause if you are the package is not a great deal...its like 600 so id just get the bindings if you like them that much and keep your old board :-)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
Absolutely nothing wrong with rocking an older board you like with a new set of boots. Some people never get tired of a shape but want to take advantage of new boot technology.

I say do it...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-11-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I've been rockin' the 06 Premier and just keep upgrading boots... 06 3DS ---> 07 3DS ----> Shane's. Gotta keep the feet comfy!
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
07 watson CT! So comfy...