Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-07-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
My company is sending me to some training, hopefully next month. I can pick Tampa or Jacksonville for the week long class. Anybody in those cities want some gas money for a few pulls? Which city would you pick and why? I'm not really into the bar or club scene, and definitely not into museums or theme parks. If I can't find anyone to wakeboard with, I guess I could always surf in Jacksonville. Any other ideas?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Jax for the surf. The beachside towns are chill too...I used to live in Jax beach.

Greg (lucky) posts here, lives there and has a wake boat. Look him up...

If you're not into t-bars, clubs or crime don't go to Trampa. j/k (sort of)
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-08-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info David. I'll PM lucky. Sounds like Jacksonville is the winner.
Old    grizzle            09-08-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
Trampa ? luv it.. lol I live on East Lake in Tampa and love it here. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for because no surf here for sure.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-09-2005, 4:29 AM Reply   
If you come down this way I'll get you a couple pulls if you come down this way. As long as you’re not one of the crazy and deranged individuals and can help with the cost of gas prices.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-09-2005, 4:30 AM Reply   
Tampa. Sorry. Who brought the cool kid?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-09-2005, 5:04 AM Reply   
Ditto what jhoward said. I live on a ski lake in tampa and would be happy to pull a visitor. The only surf here is behind the boat though.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-09-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
How do you guys like the lakes around Tampa? I haven't been out on them yet. Mostly riding on Tarpon early or late in the day to avoid the crowds and we have a nice riding spot in Terre Verde/South St. Pete.

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Clay, I meant no disrespect...the memories I have of Tampa are of late nights and...well, I'll just stop there.

From what I've seen, you and Scott live on a couple of nice riding lakes over there.
Old    grizzle            09-09-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
none taken bro... ive just never heard that before and it made me laugh. All Tampa riders should check out the events section on this site. A chance to ride in downtown Tampa. Gulfcoast Wakeboard Classic... anyone remember Lakupoloza in 03? We'll we are putting on another fun event to help hurricane victims. Malibu has contacted us as the sponsor. I'll post a new thread on the subject, but check out the site.
Old    grizzle            09-09-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
its under Events... amature events, but here is the link.
http://www.watercraven.com/Gulfcoast%20Classic/Home%20Page.htm
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-09-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I've only boarded on Tarpon so I can't say to much about any of the other lakes. I'll have to go watch that board event in October. Hey Jerrod did you go out last Sunday on Tarpon?
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-09-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yeah. I out there between 7 am and 10:30 or 11. We ride with my friend that has the white, red and black wakesetter. Where you out on the water?

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-09-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
How could we forget Lakopaluza...good going to you and Eric for getting this new charity event lined up.

As for the Trampa term - feel free to use it anytime. lol
Old    grizzle            09-09-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
thanks David... goes well with the Yucks ! This event should be bigger than Lakupoloza and that wasn't small. Eric and I are both slammed right now, but check out the new website at the same link next week... we had a professional design it and registration, paypal, etc. can all be done without e-mail. Spread the word ! cya
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-10-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
I was out from about 9-6ish. I have the yellow/white X-9. Post a picture of the boat you guys ride if you have one.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
I don't have an exterior picture. But I have a few from that morning. Nothing great though. We will be out there riding tomorrow morning again. It an '05 wakesetter with the swoop tower.

(Message edited by hypedrider7 on September 10, 2005)
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   

Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-11-2005, 6:27 AM Reply   
Man, I've never seen Tarpon like that and I thought I'd been out there plenty. Musta been extra early. I love my lake because there's no one out during the week and no one out before 1pm on the weekends. And if the Bucs are playing... not until the game's over.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-11-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, that picture was around 7 am or so. We have been riding on Sunday mornings between 7:30 and 11. Around 11 or so, we have been seeing the yahoos come out and do some power turns. So we head back in.

Scott, how is the wake with the centurion?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-11-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
Good enough for me, Jerrod, it's a lot better than I would have thought for the price I paid for it. I usually ride behind Super Sports and of course the wake is not comparable, but for me, it's the perfect combination of size and firmness (bounce)and gas consumption (I'm only riding with about 1000lbs of ballast).
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-12-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Scott,
Nice. I rode a v-drive centurion about a month or so ago. It was pretty good, needed some more weight. I was impressed in how far they have come from when they first started with the air warrior packages a few years ago.
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-13-2005, 4:28 AM Reply   
I just bought that fat seat for the X-9 and tied to the existing ballast pumps. Now I just got to get the cast off.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
J, that's awesome. I have the fat seat too, but found that the wake's a lot better (for my boat) without the side sacks filled. So I just fill the port side enough to compensate for the driver's weight and it's fine. I have two side sacks in the bow (one in the locker and one under the seats.)