Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2005, 3:23 AM Reply   
I'm running one pump to fill and one to drain.

Need a switch with on off on so I can switch between the fill and drain.

I've seen SPDT, DPST etc and not sure what to get.

Can someone tell me what type of switch I should be looking for? I'm just ging to get a simple toggle switch.
Old    luv2wake2            05-23-2005, 4:50 AM Reply   
I got mine at wal mart, its a 3 position switch. So when I push on the top positon it fills , middle is off and the bottom switch dumps. Also has lights, so you know you have power on when its running. I also have my system so I can control the 2 back locker sacks separtly, so I can easly adjust the balance, in case I have to many fat people on one side :-)
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-26-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
Get a DPDT configuration on your switches. Preferably illuminated rocker-type switch. You can get those at most marine stores. Mine cost 20$ CAN

While your current set-up may not neccesarily require DPDT at this time, you'll be happy you have it if you upgrade your system later on. For example, in a good automatic multiple ballast system you can typically have a single fill pump for multiple ballast bags, but separate empty pumps, one for each bacg (total 4 pumps). In that case, you'll need electric solenoid switches to control fill flow to desired bags to fill. DPDT switch will allow you to do that. Otherwise, you'll have to mess with getting relays and that gets compicated as hell.

I just finished a nice project of this sort. I'll post more about it when I'm less lazy...

Santa
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       05-26-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
carlingswich.com

go here and check out the rockers. This is the product Nautique and others currenty use.