Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    bryandenny71            07-31-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
The top fiberglass cap delaminated....peeled right off the foam.....on the heel side about 2' across and peeled up past the inserts...inserts lifted up with the cap.....Liquid force has got a 1 yr defect warranty.....What should I do!!!!!!

Pics coming soon.....What a bunch of crap....I was a hard core liquid force guy....but then again my '01 Trip 143 hasnt had any problems.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-31-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Well its an '03 and that means its three years old. Clearly you should buy a new board. Not much in the way of alternatives as far as I can tell. Wakeboards wear out over time with regular use. Get used to it.

If you are stressed about a board dying after three years I would not buy a new board, sounds like you are setting yourself up for a full blown breakdown. Ride your '01 until God forbid it takes a turn for the worse.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-31-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
no with it! tired of all you mother effers cryin wolf when there is nothing to cry about.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-31-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
I have had probs with LF, and some early CWB boards, doing the same thing. CWB took care of me, even though the board was outta warranty, LF told me it was time to buy a new board (which it was)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-01-2006, 12:22 AM Reply   
WOW! We have the same problem! My 99' O'Brien Evil Twin is doing the exact same thing! Looks like lawsuit thing. I have since repainted it all black, and named it the "Black Monster," but maybe O'Brien will give me all my money back.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-01-2006, 3:32 AM Reply   
big deal, cut off what is peeling, epoxy it and ride!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
wear and tear... it's time for a new board. Free Motion still uses the Trip shape if you're looking for that same board.
Old    bryandenny71            08-01-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
No I'm saying the whole top fiberglass cap is peeling it off. I'm gonna try to epoxy it. The trip is an awsome board and some of us dont got money trees in the backyard and it hasnt changed in 5 years, so why go and buy a new board every couple of years unless it does this....HAHA....and I'm still holding back. I got a friend that can get me pretty much cost on anything and coming from a Trip 143....I'm 185lbs...I wanna go down to a 136....and board suggestion. I'm an intermediate rider.

Thanks guys.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-02-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
Half of the top and all of the bottom of my LF Team came off - its no big deal. I have been riding it without the laminate and it doesnt bother it. If your into graphics, then get a new board - if your into riding your Trip like I am my Team - keep riding it.
My buddys Hyperlite (with the bottle openers) is doing the same thing.
Old    bryandenny71            08-02-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
So your board is just the foam core?? I dont think you get what I'm saying. The board has a foam core with a fiberglass cap on the top and the bottom. The top cap is peeling off of the foam. The inserts a attatched to the cap so the inserts are lifting up too.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-02-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Ah. I'm talking about the actual graphic wrapping. Mine is practically gone.
Maybe someone knows a name for some freaky strong glue that can help your situation?
Sorry for the confusion on my part.