Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
I know a few of you have made some indo boards. Could you please share your creations. Pics and dimentions would be nice. I want to build one for myself.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
I made one. Can't tell you dimensions, as it is not with me currently. There was a directions set around here at some point to make one, and I just followed that. Make sure you have a router, it makes it a lot easier.

BTW, the symbol is the Keywork, from the Coheed and Cambria band...

Upload
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-28-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
I built a few. Really just cut out the shape of the top, whatever size/shape you want. Screw on the two end stoppers. Put it on a peice of thick PVC pipe. Might wanna wrap the pipe with some kind of tape.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
i love coheed :-)
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-28-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Mine consists of a skateboard deck and a piece of 6" wide, 2' long PVC pipe.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Ya they ROCK!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Gees garret goo work. Nah I dont have a router, but this is going to be a post-op project so I'll have plenty of time. I'm gonna use a 6" PVC pipe and build, or should it be shape, the top. I think I'm gonna make mine longer though to get more movement. What type of wood did you use?
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-28-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
do these things help improve balance for wakeboarding? I had been thinking of getting one...thoughts for anyone who has used them for training???
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I'd say they help. The more balance you have the better. They're also good for strengthening up those stablizer muscles in your knees, hips and anckles.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-28-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
thick plywood... I cut one out with a jig saw, didn't have as clean of edges as the picture above but still looked good.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Thats cool, I'll head down to the hardware store and see what I can get my hands on. I'm not too fussy about looks aslong as it doesn't bend.
What did you guys put on the top, I have some grip tape but am open to ideas as I'm probably not going to use shoes.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-28-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
I made some wakeboard related stencils froma mag and overlapped them on the board and sprayed with black spray paint. I like how the above person did it though, with wood stain and it looks like burned in graphics.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
It does not need to be rounded on the ends, so any saw will work. Mine was done with just a skill saw and is in the shape of a stretched-out octagon (go figure). I had some extra pipe, and my brother wanted to take the concept with him on his overseas travels without lugging the board around, so he just stuffed the pipe in his backpack, stuffed clothes and things inside to make use of the space, and whenever he stayed somewhere he would just find any old board laying around, worked fine. I've even used mine with a 2x4 instead of the board. The end stopper pieces are unnecessary and it's easier to do spins and shuvs without them.
BTW, 8" pipe is better, but it can be hard to find.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
3/4" plywood is fine for us at about 175 lbs. You don't need to put anything grippy on the top - not needed. Some rubberized bathtub traction strips wrapped around the pipe make it a little easier and also will help save your floors.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-28-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
I love my skateboard deck so I can also do 180's, shove-its and other skate tricks.

Just a thought.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-28-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Speaking of indo boards, I was watching the E true Hollywood story on Hugh Heffner. They showed him on an Indo board back in the late 60's. I thought that was pretty cool. Deciding what naked woman to put on the cover while balancing on an Indo....
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-28-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
As for Doc Octagon saying the end stopper pieces are unnecessary... he is 100% correct, HOWEVER, they do save the board from becoming a flying missle into a wall (or whatever) and you from falling flat on your side. True that it can still happen with the end stoppers, it's just ALOT less likely. Especially if you pretty much know what your doing.

Just wanted to point that out.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
Oh I'm putting the stopper on. Ever since I took out a chicks shins in an expo a few years ago I thought the flying missle is a bad thing, lol.
But yeah I know how to indo pretty well just never had one of my own.

I was thinking of sticking some astro-turf or some plush carpet on the top, maybe some fake fur for that pimp appeal.
Old     (barefooter12)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-30-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
i have a skate deck with a 2 liter pop bottle filled up with water all u have to do is duct tape up the bottle so it dont brakedown and u are good.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Actually, the best thing to use to wrap around the PVC is 3M grip tape. It comes in a roll of about 2" width, you can find it at any hardware store. Put about 3 wraps of that around the thing, and you are set!
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
I made mine with garret. Anyone know where to find a 6" or 8" pvc pipe for a roller? all we could get was a 4" at ace
Check out these links, I think we based our boards off one of these sites and some sizes from the original indo.

hardware.http://www.surfing-waves.com/howto/make_indoboard.htm
http://www.surfing-waves.com/howto/make_indoboard.htmUpload
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-30-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
sweet board man and thanks for the links
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-01-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
no problem, pm me if I can help any more, and post up your finished product. And you will need something on the top to create traction.
good luck