Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (osealy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-01-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I bent the two front tracking fins trying to oik the boat off the slip as the tide went out:eek

89 MC prostar. Do I hammer them straight? take them off & Heat & hammer? Bend in situ with a stilson??
Thanks
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-01-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by osealy View Post
Bend in situ with a stilson??
Huh?

Definitely take them off if you're going to do any metalworking on them.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-01-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Most of these are made of cast material, usually some kind of Bronze. Once you bend it one direction, if you just try and bend it back you are almost assured of it snapping right in half. The best solution is Brand New. If that cant be done, I would take it to a prob shop or a good welding/metal working shop and have them heat it up, and bend it back into the proper shape. The issue with heating it to bend it back is that you need to make sure that they heat treat it properly, or it can become very brittle! If it was mine, I would just get some new ones so you would have no worries.