Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
My crew headed down to OTown for the weekend to enjoy the 80+ degree weather. We took boat sets with D. Powers and his dad and hit up OWC and McCormick, so I figured I'd share a few shots from the trip. Some how I managed to not take a single picture at OWC and not a single picture was taken of myself... regardless, enjoy:
Epic Taylor Renfroe
Upload
Jeff Mathis contemplating
Upload
Daniel's set-up
Upload
Alex Graydon and Daniel
Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
Daniel strapping in
Upload
I'm sure CC appreciates this pic of Alex ;)
Upload
D Powers poke-age
Upload
More epic Renfroe
Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Sasha doin' his thing
Upload
D. Powers back lip
Upload
Back Lip up this time
Upload
Graydon steezing
Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Mathis gap to back lip
Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Big ups to Daniel and his dad for the pulls. Definitely a couple of first class guys and quite obviously Daniel is poised to make a serious name for himself in the sport for a long time.

McCormicks was cool, its kinda weird to see a cable going clockwise but the island set-up is sweet and dissipates the water really well keeping it super smooth. The A-Frame was tough but fun and after a few more obstacles they'll have that place dialed.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-29-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Looks like an awesome time, I've gotta get down that way sometime soon!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-29-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Why is Miss Peschl not on his slingshot!? Bad boy!!
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-02-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
what kind of boots is d powers wearing
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-02-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
those are the shane closed toed
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-02-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
and the soven bindings in the earlier pics
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-03-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
Toby's on it....They are the Sovens. Daniel rides all over the place..rails at the Projects, the cable and behind his X-star...and boots give you the flexibility stiffness wise where you don't have to switch your setup for different things. If you've not tried these boots on you should. The straps...while seeming gimmicky really do work. Raise them up and crank them for all support you want....drop them down low and/or lossen them and you get incredible range of movement. Bill @ Performance.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-04-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Hey man, I was at owc the same day as you. I was riding a lyman w/ white vantages and a rockstar, mastercraft stickers on it. My buddy was riding a marek. Nice pics by the way
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-04-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
He is wearing the Soven's in the boat pics and the shane's in the cable pic. The soven's are probably the most comfortable binding I have ever ridden btw. Like Bill said, I was riding the straps lower to hit the rail in the pictures above, and when I went to hit the kicker, I raised the straps up. That rail is 110 feet and if you can't manipulate your weight by adjusting your ankle position, good luck staying on it.
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-04-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Awesome pictures!

But tell me one thing....

In the first picture... A boy wearing a rockstar energy drink t shirt but yet, holding a red bull can....
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-04-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
Oh god, I was in Orlando over the last week, and the only thing I wanted to do was go to OWC. Guess what? I couldn't. I was on a high school band trip to Disney World playing in the New Year's Parade! I would've given anything to be there!!!
So now I'm enjoying this crazy midwest weather. Such is life...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-05-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Andy... yeah man I remember, it was a pretty slow day. I remember you saying he saved up forever for that Marek and then was out thrashing it at the rail park.. ha ha ha.

The A-frame is pretty tough for sure, out of probably 30 hits I was only happy with like 4 or 5 of them. I'm a "goof" so it was on my toes which made it a little harder.

Adam: Taylor rides for Hyperlite but doesn't have a drink sponsor to my knowledge so he can roll like that ;)