Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2007, 2:35 AM Reply   
I want to run a pair of 450's. I have two Kenwood 7252 amps. They are rated 170 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (250 watts x 2 at 2 ohms) or 500 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode). I am pretty sure they will work, but I am not really sure how to wire them correctly. Can someone draw up a diagram for me or give me a detailed description of what I need to do? These don't come with a very detailed description of wiring and the connector is different than what I am used to. Thanks.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
The Rubicon 450s have a nominal impedance of 3 ohms. So per specification, you should use just one amp, wire each channel to it’s own speaker. That'd give you approximately 200 watts to each speaker.

However, if I were you, I'd push the Kenwood amps and wire each amp to each speaker pod. Do this by wiring each amp in bridged mode and connect one speaker pod to it. You'll be slightly below the stability rating of the amps, it'll get hotter, it might fail, but at 500+ watts to each speaker, they'll scream.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
That was the plan when I purchased everything. To run one amp per pod. When I went to look at the wiring diagram that comes with the speakers, it didn't help. Pretty weak actually. No spec's on the speakers either. So to bridge it, I just run one positive wire from the right and the negative off of the left channel to the amp right? Basically put it in mono right? Hook the left input from the stereo to one amp and the right input to the other amp right? Thanks
Old     (dirty30)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-03-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
I RUN 1000 WATTS TO MY 1 450 AND 500 TO TWO 350S
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-04-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
The amplifier manual should tell you the proper diagram for wiring it bridged. Generally that's true,
L- to speaker Negative
L+ to R- on amp
R+ to speaker Positive

If your amps have a RCA output jacks use those, so you'd run your signal into on amp, then use the RCA outputs to jump to the next amp. Otherwise you can use RCA spliters...though that's not the best solution.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
I plan on running a PAC-LC1 on each amp. One for the front 4 speakers, one for the rear 4 speakers and one on each amp for each 450. I was researching amps, just in case I wanted to change, but I think I will see how these Kenwoods do for a while at 3 ohms. I don't plan to use them to their max all the time anyway. If they don't last, I will have to find something else.