Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    alanp            06-21-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
before my system was stolen i ran my last system similar to this one however i didnt utilize a line driver. i used a clarion eq/line driver that i dont know was sending as much voltage to the amp as they claim it would send. im using a ppi 4125 to power an hse box. psyclone stated the planet audio line drivers tend to be underrated. i was thinking the eq(gonna go with another clarion or soundstream b/c they are fairly cheap) would boost the signal to the line driver and the line driver would provide an additional signal boost to the amp.
Old    alanp            06-22-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
well good idea or not i ordered the stuff last nite. ill keep you guys posted on the sound
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
Allen.

Try this. Run the PPI par 650 EQ. I think they sell for like $150. Im not running a line driver anymore.

IMO you should run a NON powerd EQ and a line driver OR a Powerd EQ and no line driver.

For me it was way hard to tune when you had voltage or gain adjustments on 2 diffrent ends of your system.

And did you say "Cheep" in your post?