Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    j_madtown            07-11-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
I just relocated from Madison, Wi to Ft. Lauderdale and I'm wondering if there's any crews riding down here in S. FL. I saw someone on the innercoastal a week ago and I've been dying to get out on the water ever since.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-11-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
If you ever get across the state and find yourself in Tampa, gimme a shout, I'll take you for a pull.
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
I just left Lauderdale and can't wait to get back. But looks like it is going to be about 2 years. I grew up on a knee board on the intercostal, back then you could find a bit of flat water here and there but I would not even bother these days. However there is a realy nice option. Markam Park which is out 595 at 132nd street has a realy nice canal (If gators dont bother you too much). There can be 8 or 10 boats out there and it is always glass.

If there is no one on here that can take you there is a nice shop that has bee there forever called BC Surf Shop. It is on US1 between Sunrise and Oakland Park Blvd. They are good people there and I am sure would be willing to help you get to know some folks with boats.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-12-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
The canals out west/north are nice. If you do not have a boat, try ski rixen or Dean Lavelles school on Military trail. I am sure you will meet someone with a boat eventually, but with these you can get your fix today.
Old    drewsky24            07-12-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I ride in biscayne bay in Miami.
Old    j_madtown            07-15-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
Thanks for the ideas guys. Andrew if you're out on the water anytime soon give me a shout (608.628.5005). This weather this past week has been too nice up here and I'll easily make the trip down to Miami.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-15-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
ander schindler - which boat are you. Im the older blue mastercraft prostar 205 with the tower on it. Im in orlando now, but we ride down there when im home. I love the bay cept for when there are too many boats out there
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
I am moving down to Ft. Lauderdale Monday for school from Alabama and I have to leave my boat here. I guess I will be going to Rixen, I have been there before, it will probably keep me happy for awhile.