Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-23-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have heard so many things from so many people, does ANYBODY have a clue on what to expect?? thanks!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-23-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
You just have to do what everyone else in FL does...... sit around and wait for the latest updates.
I'm suppose to be heading out of here next Thursday Morning. Hope fully Jeanne will be long gone by then.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-23-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
It was hot and sunny this past weekend. I'm sure you'll get more of that.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-23-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
We fly out on Monday night arriving on Tuesday morning, man, after that downpour at Nationals in Indy, NO MORE RAIN when wakeboarding. that was miserable!! (Dave, you always bring the sunshine with you!)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-23-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
Whatever you do just make sure you have your Airlines 800 number as well as internet to check up on flight delays. This is the track of Hurricane Jeanne as of this evening:

Hope you don't have a layover in Atlanta
Old    sbvfive            09-23-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
I am here in sunny-oh wait-windy, orlando. I was at Odub today, weather was ok, except the steady 20 mph winds from jeanne chillin off the coast. Even the surf was blown out. Not too many people talking of evac for this one. After 3 other hurricanes central floridians are ready to stay at home for a while. Current news says that jeanne should come across the north or central part of fl weekend into monday. CHeck flights if you are flying in early. For current projections, check www.nhc.noaa.gov

Hopefully it should be cleared out by wen or thur.

On the bright side all of the trees already fell over, so there is not much more that can go wrong. Unless we lose power for 10 days again......haha

See everyone at worlds
Old     (shiznizzle)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-24-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Were supposed to be coming over from the UK for the last day of the worlds and to stay for two weeks. We want to get lots of riding in probably at OWC and maybe o-town. From the forecasts it seems it is v. windy at the moment. How are the riding conditions over there? We have'nt booked flights yet so we can choose to come later in october - will be gutted if we miss the worlds though, went last year and it was awesome.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-24-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack, but Robin, I keep emailing you and you must not be getting them. I've got a package for you, but I need an address.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-24-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
Dave, please call me at (909)515-9082. I keep emailing you and I don't think you are getting them. hugs, robyn
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2004, 11:53 PM Reply   
I hope the the weather will be ok. I should be there the last two days. I'd love to meet up with any wakeworlders, so if you see me come over say hi. I'll be the one with bright blond hair, and suffering jetlag, lol.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-25-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
The weather should be fine by then, unless another cane sneaks in behind bad girl Jeanne.
http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/RAD_HUR/animauto.html
I just hope OWC doesn't incur too much damage.
Hope to see everyone there.
Cheers
Barry
Old    dyonisus            09-25-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
Looks like it is hitting land right now, plus there may be a karl on the back end of it.
4 in one year to hit the same area, amazing how nature acan mess with things. Anyone think Worlds could survive the potential massacre of FLA!
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-25-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
Im sure that if it hits on sunday everything should be cleaned up pretty quickly as far as the airport goes. I flew in the day after the second hurricane and friends of mine were able to come in a day after charley, lets just hope that o- dub survives
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2004, 1:13 AM Reply   
Looks like ill just miss it, hopefully. I fly from California sunday night and get to Florida Mon. morning.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
I live about 20 miles north of OWC and so far Jeanne has spared this area the worst by staying south. I still have power at 9am (Sunday) and I think the peak has passed. I was at OWC yesterday morning and finished up when they starting moving the sliders to shore to secure them. I think that O'Dub will be OK next weekend. I hope to meet some of you guys when you come to OWC. Just look for the oldest guy on the cable, that will be me. Come up and say hi.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
So far so no major problems except for the Flooding on my side of town (NE Orlando) Need to venture out soon to make my hospital rounds, but that takes me to 3 possibly 4 hospitals if my Doc can't make it out for his hospital.
If I don't get arrested for curfew violation , I'll try an get you an update.

BTW - OIA may not open up in time for AM arrivals..so keep checking on the Airport delays.
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-26-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
hospital rounds?

we are ok too, nothing to bad, just some branches but it slowed right down when it got to orlando really, cant wait to see everyone next weekend
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
hospital rounds?..... that's what they call it when you're stuck in this noisy, smelly building full of sick people and this person that checks on you - who kinda sorts makes decisions about your care.

Well besides the tree pulling down a powerline on Wekiva Springs Road, nothing major from what I could see. Besides a few downed Traffic lights & non working traffic lights, tree limbs, pieces of signs nothing as bad as Charley & Frances on this side of town.

Water, water everywhere and no where for it to runoff.
Seeing white caps in the retentions ponds is not something you get to see everyday.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-27-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
thanks for the updates everybody, we are flying out of LAX tonight at 10:30. Florida, here we come!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Dang, I spoke too soon. My power went out 2 hours after my last post and the wind was pounding everything for another 12 hours. I could of gone surfing in my lake, the waves were about 2 foot. Just got power (26 hours off). No significant damage except my aluminum porch roof is showing signs of fatigue. It won't take another one without reinforcment.