Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    r_dub            05-20-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Im looking at buying a pair of 03 CD PS01's. Has Anyone tried them or owned them? If so what did you think?
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
I just sold my ASO1s. Nice binding but I like a binding that will release when you crash hard. Those things will not let go at all. Twisted my ankle the first time I rode them.
Old    chavezychavez            05-20-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
Ryan - to counter Miller... On a hard bail, trust me they will come off! The key is not overtightening the laces. Also, I can get in/out without lube or anything at this point (about 7 days out). They defintely give solid high ankle support and have a nice, cushy footbed. They definitely give you a well attached to the board feel.

Most comfortable binding I have used yet.

I have a set of mediums I would be willing to sell (they are new) that did not fit my fat foot. If medium is your size PM me and I can probably cut you a better deal than what you are looking at.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
These bindings are great. Yes, the do hold well, but I havnt experienced any problems so far. The only problem is the footbed is not as comfortable...I talked to a CD representative and told him this. He told me that they are going to make more comfortable footbeds in the future. Otherwise the bindings are great and you can get them on ebay for like $80.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
I come out of my PS02's every hard fall. Out of every footbed I've ever ridden these are by far the best in my opinion. They're not too high off the board(which is good for board response and control), not slippery(where your foot can slip through the front), and not too soft to where you move around too much. I've never gotten shin splints or heelbruises yet. That's pretty good for a 190lb guys landing in the flat's.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
Ryan, I've been out in my 03's about 7 or 8 times this spring and can't say enough 'bout 'em. They're more size-specific then most others, and they're bomb-proof. well constructed, super comfy, and the foot bed....aaahhhh. I guarantee you'll love 'em. One sugestion however: use a lock-type screw with them, not the ones included. They loosen too easily. other than that, they're great!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2004, 5:57 AM Reply   
Mike, your 190lbs? no way
Old    r_dub            05-25-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys, you sold me on these. But the guy I was trying to buy these from is no longer replying to my messages. Not sure it he sold them or what. So if anyone out there has a pair of these, or any other decent used bindings, let me know. Basically, Im looking for some larges (Size 10), lace ups, no wraps, around $100.
Old    chavezychavez            05-25-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47362&item=3679230 720&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Those are the grey/green ones - 4 days or so to go.

Hey Mike, is there any real big differences between the PS01 and the PS02 aside from the colors?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-25-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
Super comfy bindings.. I second the "don't lace them too tight" theory. My second ride I took a really hard fall and I stayed in the bindings... My body took it ok (only small stars), but it cracked my board around the binding insert and bent the base plates of the bindings. The bindings are currently at CD waiting for repair or replacement. I've been riding Hyperlite bindings for years and have yet to have anything like that happen... I'm definitely planning on giving them a second chance. Now if I could just get them back from CD.
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-25-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Maybe I should have kep mine? Oh well I went with the WS01s (kinda Like Ultras) for the release and much easyer to get back on in the water.
Old    chavezychavez            05-25-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Don,

No you should have donated them to me!!!!
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-25-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Ryan, there a seller on ebay that has been selling them for $99 + s/h ($12). NIB w/ warranty card. he's got tons of them. give 'em a try. here's their address: arkcitylodging@yahoo.com">parkcitylodging@yahoo.com