Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyones tried both the Parks and 3DS bindings and could let me know which ones they liked better. My Parks just ripped and I love them but I'm going to get another pair (have them for a back up) Are they compairable??? Thanks
Old     (khuffy14)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
i have not ridden either of these for 06 but have for 05. the 3ds were very supportive. once i got them broken in they were also very comfortable however without any laces i had trouble tightening them without pulling the option 2 strap incredibly tight, and i ended up ripping this strap 3 times they did change this for 06 and they now have laces. then i swapped them for 05 parks. they were very comfortable right out of the box and i love the lace system on the boot that is quick and effective. they are also noticeably lighter. the parks have no where near the support of the 3ds

if you are looking for support definitly try the 3ds, if you want comfort and mobility look at the parks
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
I rode both about a month ago(and the Watson's and a few others). I decided on the parks BUT I really feel like I'm going to slip around in them(Ever done a HS front and slipped through the binding?)I purchased the same size I always have but I can't seem to get them to snug up. I've ridden them about a dozen times now so they are broken in. I also liked the Murray's but they didn't seem to have the ankle support of the 3d's or Parks. I like to feel supported in my binding (ankle and slop around foot)but flexible enough to grab something. The Parks seemed to be the best ones (for me) of the ones I tried but still not perfect. I'd love to have a boot (with boa's) to rachet things down or create a more customized fit like my snowboard boots(Burton SL8's)but the Parks seem to work for now. Hope that helps you.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for the info! i still havent made up my mind but that no laces thing was the only part i was really in question about. i'm a snowboarder too so the support sounds awesome. i wish you could try before you buy. thanks again
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-25-2006, 4:37 AM Reply   
I just got the 3DS boots, and love them. I tried on the Murray's, Parks' and ERA...nothing came close to the feel of the 3DS for me. If you snowboard, you'll like the closed toe better I think.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
I have the 3ds boots as well, they are awesome! They are stiff at first but conform to your foot after several times out. I ride them a size smaller than my recommended size.
Old     (gav)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Im on the market for a new pair of bindings

I like the sound of the mobility of the parks to get grabs easy but I have two bad ankles and need support??

Im ridin the cwb zeus now but theres not much freedom. im finding it hard to grab and feel trapped for trying technical stuff like moby dicks.

Any reccomendations for good support with mobility?

ive been looking at the byerly?? LF shane and the transit
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-25-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
What year Zeus are you riding?
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
how about you try them both on, then pick yourself. it's the best way to go. asking on here is just personal opinion.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
I ended up getting the Murrays.....I read alot of good reviews on them so I hope there as good as they seem! I thought that the parks did have pretty good ankle support but from the sounds of it not close to the 3ds. good luck and thanks
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
the parks give you much more ankle support than last year, but still don't compare to the 3ds. like kelley said, it is all personal opinions in here. try them on, try on every pair of bindings you can, then make a decision.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
I wish I could try them all on.....BUTTT....I'm up in the panhandle of florida and theres a shortage of boardshops. they have surf shops but no wake shops. i cant imagine that i wont like the murrays but i'll wonder about the 3ds!! CRAP!