Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
I am now riding an 04 Joyride 136 Voodoo 2.5 3-stage. I have been riding this board 1 season and am new to wakeboarding. I can switch stance to normal or goofy but have yet been able to surface 360.
In the reviews of this board they rate it poorly at spinning. Are they speaking of surface spins or Air-time?
This board has very sharp rails that would make me think it could catch an edge easier than softer rails.
What would be a better board for surface tricks?
Thanks! Scott
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-24-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the spinning rating has to do with releasing off the wake for spins in the air, but they kind of go hand in hand (surface and air).

The boards that rate high for spinning usually have a flatter rocker - look at some LF sitcks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
They are referring to spinning in the air.

Just because you saw as rating like that doesn't mean the board won't spin well. It just means the rider that reviewed it didn't like the way he spun on it.

If you want to practice surface tricks, try removing the fins. Or have your driver slow you down.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-26-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
I am saying that the LF substance has low swing weight and releases well for spins... someone may say nope but I say yep

now... just gotta prove that spin theory with the 5...
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2005, 11:44 PM Reply   
the new lf ps 3 is specially designed for spins....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2005, 12:25 AM Reply   
In my opnion, the bigger the rocker, the flatter the board spins and the better it releases.
Old    tommcat            08-27-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
I think my absolute spins extremely easy
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-27-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Yea, CWB boards are designed to have little weight in the nose and tail so they spin faster. Spinning is all technique no matter what board. But I like have less swing weight for doing 5's+.