Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2018, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hi,

I've been wakeboarding on the Hudson for the past 14 years out of the 79th St Basin. Have boat w/ tower.. would love to meet up with people that enjoy boarding as much as I do.. You can literally be in Manhattan and out on the water for an after work session in 15 min.

Best,

Andrew

Old     (Stimulated)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-27-2018, 12:49 PM Reply   
Good job mate - us foreigners would not associate New York with wakeboarding so thank you for that.
Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-27-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulated View Post
Good job mate - us foreigners would not associate New York with wakeboarding so thank you for that.
Thanks.. for what it is worth.. it's suboptimal compared to other hotspots in the country.. but it's truly amazing to ride alongside the largest metropolis in the country.. and sometimes in the AM and Dusk the conditions are perfect.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       03-27-2018, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulated View Post
Neither would most New Yorkers.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       03-27-2018, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beddini View Post
Hi,

I've been wakeboarding on the Hudson for the past 14 years out of the 79th St Basin. Have boat w/ tower.. would love to meet up with people that enjoy boarding as much as I do.. You can literally be in Manhattan and out on the water for an after work session in 15 min.

Best,

Andrew

5 years ago I would've been all over this.

I live in the suburbs now with kids and have a boat on Greenwood Lake in NJ for weekends.
Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2018, 7:36 AM Reply   
Hey Paul,

If you're ever game.. hit me up.. I love taking folks out because it's such an unusual (and brilliant) experience. If you know anyone that lives in Manhattan that rides, and would like to get together for regular sessions.. that would be awesome. My two main couples that I wake with have moved out to CA..

I'm 45, self taught, and always appreciate learning from others..

Best,

Andrew
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       03-28-2018, 8:52 AM Reply   
I appreciate the offer and if I can find the time I'd love the opportunity to ride in the city, even if the Hudson water kinda scares me (I have surfed in worse).

Roughly what does a slip at 79th St cost?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-28-2018, 9:07 AM Reply   
This is totally awesome! Pictures please!
Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2018, 9:26 AM Reply   
Paul,

you being in/from the area know all the horrible **** that went down prior to the Clean Water Act. Ever since it passed, the river is actually healthier than in the 20's.. The only major issue is controlled sewage outflows (CSO's) that happen during major rain storms which puts the "you guessed it" in the river. Fortunately given its location, tidal flow, that stuff filters within a day reducing the enterococcus count to completely safe levels.. usually way better than any of LI beaches. Slip is $120/ft for the season.. I believe waiting list is 10 years+. I've had the good fortune to boat out of there since 2000.
Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2018, 9:26 AM Reply   
Old     (beddini)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2018, 9:29 AM Reply   
linking urls is not the easiest method to posting images.. any way to post directly to server?