Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    wakeboardpunk17            09-20-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey I just bought a 2002 Hyperlite Premier 140 DNA and I am looking to get 2003 Obrien Ion bindings...someone told me they won't fit on that board because it is a Hyperlite and the bindings are Obrien...is this true that one companies bindings won't fit on another companies board??? I am confused and need help..email me at hippiy17@aol.com with any advice
Thanks
Old    edward            09-20-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
to my knowledge they will work
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-20-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
they will work, but you might have to use other type of screws, I think hyperlite inserts are diferent than o'briens, longer or shorter. So your o'briens screws might be not the best choice
Old    wakeboardpunk17            09-20-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
ok thanks I had gottens ome confusion and recently heard they wouldn't work when I tho it would be ok...but thanks
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-20-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
just go to the hardware store, they have some 1/2" plastic washers that work perfect.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-20-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Get bones for your ions, you're gunna want them and they come with 2 sets of screws. Use whichever ones work better. I just got some for my b-day from my gf and my board control has improved a ton overnight. That will be a fat setup too, good luck.
Old    wakeboardpunk17            09-21-2004, 4:43 AM Reply   
ok thanks man
Old    latebloomer            09-21-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
what are bones?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-21-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Terry,

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wakeboard_hardware/rfc_bones