Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Vinny Armentano (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
Noticed that on alliance's website that Wakesurf is displayed right alongside wakeboard/wakeskate

WHY
Just makes me want to punch myself -> NO!

Sure it's a fun hobby, and I enjoy it...but for it to be like treated as an equal third tier of Alliance
like no

Kiteboarding is way closer to either of the real sports anyways, it should be up on the banner before wakesurfing despite the fact alliance doesn't cover it lol

Both of the "f^ckwakesurfing" accounts got deleted or else I would've added one to this post.
Attached Images
 
Old    Eric Silva (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-23-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Simply put, because wakesurfing sells boats. Boat mfg's buy ads, ads support magazines.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2016, 11:32 AM Reply   
Yeah, god forbid they run their publication the way they see fit .... the nerve.
Old    Shredtastic (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2016, 12:37 PM Reply   
That doesn't really bother me but I won't subscribe to wakeboarding magazine anymore after I got an all wakesurf issue.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
Eric nailed it. It's about money, just like everything else in this world. Wakesurfing sells a lot more boats than wakeboarding and skating combined. I can't stand more than about 10 seconds of watching surfing, but that's the way it is.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2016, 2:12 PM Reply   
I thought only the Flegal's did that competitively?
Old    Summer Henke (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-23-2016, 6:06 PM Reply   
Personally I think all the hardo wakeboarders are hilarious, I mean who cares, get over yourselves. It all happens behind a boat with a wake as a factor and it's all fun.
Old    Charlie Zulu (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-23-2016, 6:31 PM Reply   
Yeah... That be like caliing cable park riding wakeboarding... There's not any wakes in a cable park... Get real Cable Riders.. Your not wakeboarders............
Old    Tim (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-23-2016, 7:33 PM Reply   
What if I told you I enjoy all three, depending on the conditions. Wakeboarding behind a boat is my favorite but water sports in general is my passion. Minus tubing.
Old    Tony (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-23-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   
Really the only thing that drives me crazy is when people post about how to weight their boat or whatever for Wakeboarding, and then you get 10 responses on how to set up a surf wave. I get to read maybe 1 out of 20 posts actually about Wakeboarding these days and surfing posts always seem to take it over whatever the subject is about. Wakeboarding is my passion and I get that surfing is others passion but it does suck that Wakeboarding has almost completely faded from the spotlight, especially on a forum like wake world.
Old    Mark (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-24-2016, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
Yeah... That be like caliing cable park riding wakeboarding... There's not any wakes in a cable park... Get real Cable Riders.. Your not wakeboarders............
dingdingding... winner!
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-24-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Alliance is stringent. Basically to get a shot in there you have to be someone or risk your life. I don't really know how wake surfing could fit into that mix. There has always been photos of wake surfing (all pros do it), but an actual spot or spread would be tough to imagine. I don't think it is really a big deal--you gotta sell boat ads and wake surfing sells the expensive boats.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
This and a lot of threads like it just crack me up. So much hate for wake surfing. Mix in some hypocrisy and the laughs just keep coming. Read the writing on the wall, people. Surfing isn't going anywhere but up. Get over it. Move on.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       05-24-2016, 3:13 PM Reply   
Pretty sure that wakesurfing is going to get all ballasted boats banned, lots of people that live on the lakes are pushing for it. Most of the new boats are 5k-6k lbs plus 3000 lbs of ballast. I am pretty sure it is a matter of time now. Plus that there is a big push on stopping invasive species and ballast tanks are a big problem for them to monitor.
Old    Shredtastic (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-24-2016, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
This and a lot of threads like it just crack me up. So much hate for wake surfing. Mix in some hypocrisy and the laughs just keep coming. Read the writing on the wall, people. Surfing isn't going anywhere but up. Get over it. Move on.
Tried moving on but these dang surf rollers keep following me down the lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    Brian Stroup (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2016, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post
Pretty sure that wakesurfing is going to get all ballasted boats banned, lots of people that live on the lakes are pushing for it. Most of the new boats are 5k-6k lbs plus 3000 lbs of ballast. I am pretty sure it is a matter of time now. Plus that there is a big push on stopping invasive species and ballast tanks are a big problem for them to monitor.

Exactly what everyone was saying about wake boarders not too many years ago. At least there's someone else to blame it on now LOL.

Oh...add on a tower full of HLCD's blasting F-bombs to the list of things that will help wake boat banning.....
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2016, 11:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Tried moving on but these dang surf rollers keep following me down the lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol! Good one! Feel free to send me your awful all-surf edition of wakeboarding magazine. Have they released their all tubing edition yet? Can't wait for that one. Haha
Old    Nacho (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       05-25-2016, 9:03 AM Reply   
no
Old    Eric Scott (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-25-2016, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post
Pretty sure that wakesurfing is going to get all ballasted boats banned, lots of people that live on the lakes are pushing for it. Most of the new boats are 5k-6k lbs plus 3000 lbs of ballast. I am pretty sure it is a matter of time now. Plus that there is a big push on stopping invasive species and ballast tanks are a big problem for them to monitor.
I've stopped harping on the threat of ballast bans because it never seems to get much traction, but I totally agree with you. Wakeboarders running massive boats with massive ballast definitely strain relationships with other boaters and owners of shoreline property, but their impact is at least somewhat mitigated by the fact that most wakeboarders ride for less than 30 minutes, and few are really skilled enough to need a full on pro-sized wake. Surfers, on the other hand, can ride forever, and (at least in my experience) do not reduce the size of the wake for riders with lower skill levels. My guess is within the next 10 years we can look forward to Alliance Slalom Skiing and Barefooting, if there is an Alliance at all.
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-26-2016, 8:21 AM Reply   
I understand why it is on the cover and why they would want to tap it, but I don't really understand how it fits into the magazine other than a few shots of pro wakboarders drinking "not-beer" and riding doubles. Alliance will reject a handrail land gap front board photo because it is zeached just a degree. If that is the standard, how does the widow-maker fit in?
Old    TimelineX (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       05-30-2016, 12:44 PM Reply   
I mostly wakeboard but I love to whip out the wakesurf every once in a while and have fun with it. This is such a controversial topic for me.

On the one hand, it is absolutely HILARIOUS how butt hurt wakeboarders get about surfers. You guys are acting like children, literally. Everyone likes different sports and has their own preferences, get over it.

On the other hand, I definitely see why there is so much hate.

My lake has one cove that is wind blocked and is for water sports. All the other coves are declared no riding and have been taken by fishers. It's a very small cove, but If there is noone there the spot can be GLASS smooth. However 1 'bad' boat and it can literally wash out the entire cove. So here is the part that makes me fully understand the hate towards surfers.

Most of the boats wakeboarding that I have encountered in there ride lines by the shore and try to ride safely. Every once in a while there is a clueless driver that's pulling a wakeboarding, but usually it's not even that bad because it won't even be a seriously weighted boat. However, for every 1 person wakeboarding there is usually 5-8 people surfing.

Most boards doing surfing know absolutely nothing about keeping the cove rideable and in fact sometimes drive down right dangerously. There are times when the surfers are literally going diagonal through the cove and just weaving in between everyone. You know they aren't doing it intentionally because they end up having to deal with their own ****ty chop and taking in water. However their intentions don't change the fact that they are literally ruining the lake day for the 1 or 2 serious riders. To make it all worse, they usually follow up their surfing with some great tubing in the cove. There are of course educated wake surfers, but it in the rarity and I would have to guess it's actually the wakeboarders that are doing some surfing for fun.
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-30-2016, 1:59 PM Reply   
Have you been to a surf contest? We got to watch some "elite" riders this weekend in a combined wakeboard/Surf contest and it was kind of hilarious. Board Shorts over full suit and flat brim baseball caps while surfing. Surface 1080's. And there was just a difference between the type of people there for the wakeboarding and those for the surfing. It was noticeable.

Have you seen a 1080 on a surf board? It's more similar to figure skating than it is to wakeboaring at that point. Just spinning in circles. The funny things is every awesome or cool Surf trick (Shuv Its, Kick Flips, etc..) was basically done on a wakeskate 10 or 15 years ago.

We all know that the contests and boats are the whole watersports industry in general is moving towards surfing. It's driving the industry. Its the future.
Old    Brandon (challengerwake)      Join Date: Mar 2015       05-30-2016, 5:58 PM Reply   
I hate to admit it but surfing is pushing our sport right now their is no denying it. Its not my cup of tea but I can see the interest and why people are doing it. Surfing is easier on the body and lot of boarders are getting older and we have a generation of helicopter parents who are afraid that their children might get hurt. Surfing is at its beginning point so it is accessible to anyone right now and its new and fun for most people. It not just about taking a surf set after a wake set or to end the day. Lol it is so big stern drive company's are trying to invent new drives to keep up with this sport. They may and try invent a forward drive outboard lol.

But with that said my two cents why I think wakeboarding is not as popular anymore one because of progression of the sport and where it is. A lot of you may totally disagree and say progression is great, but I think their is a point. I think that it is becoming like slalom it is getting so competitive and big hammer tricks are the norm the sport has lost for a lack of better word its "fun" side the reason we started riding. The average person would rather sit back and watch the pros now and not do it. The old goofy funny sidewayz movies that's what wakeboarding is to me and that's why I started riding. It is to a point where you cant make it pro unless you start way early in life and have a ton of money( i.e., coaches, $75000 + boat, top of the line gear). If this is not somewhat achievable then its hard to sell the sport to the consumer. This was probably a dream for most of us when we were younger. I think that Gregg Necrason said it best in Six Pack that average riders and other boarders from other sports can relate to a poked out grab into the flats then a huge invert or a big spin.

Also action sports are not as big as they were when the boom of riding came about in the early 2000s. It seems all board sports are not as popular. Look at kids now they ride stupid penny boards. What is up with that?

Wakeboarding is growing its not just boat anymore. We have options with the four aspects: Boat, Cable, Skate, and Surf. In the end let em wakesurf they will still make boats for wakeboarding

Last edited by challengerwake; 05-30-2016 at 6:06 PM.
Old    Vinny Armentano (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2016, 8:17 AM Reply   
Wakesurfing is not a discipline of wakeboarding.
I refuse.

Wakeboarding while being towed behind boat/under a cable/by a winch (I could even go for behind a kite) is all the same sport

& Wakeskating is a separate sport -- and most wakeskaters I know like it that way. The latest Nike video was sick, so it is certainly growing as well.

Perhaps that's why people dig David O'Caominh so much, he doesn't let boat manufacturers define the sport for him.
Old    Vinny Armentano (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2016, 8:43 AM Reply   
Required reading
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2016, 9:46 AM Reply   
The only thing wakesurfing is pushing is boat prices.
Old    A-dub (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2016, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
The only thing wakesurfing is pushing is boat prices.
Ding! Thank you for that!
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-31-2016, 11:21 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is Surfing?
Wakeboarding on a cable = wakeboarding: given
Surfing on a cable = surfing: given
wakeskating on a cable = wakeskating: given
wakeskating = wakeboarding without bindings: by definition
Wakeboarding with bindings= Wakeskating with the Same wakeboard, but without the bindings(Same board, same sport!) This would be the identity property!
Wakeskating on cable = Surfing on cable By substitution, Same exact set-up, but substituting a different board!
Wakeskating= Surfing: The division property
Therefor: Wakeboarding is Surfing by simple substitution!
Old    Dustin Yost (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Not following you Joe, and hope this is meant in jest...

Wakeskating is not wakeboarding without bindings, by any definition. I don't think even the early guys (Horrell, Messer, etc...) considered that they were wakeboarding. The sport has had a different look and feel from the get go and even more so now. I really dig the wakeskating vibe, it's a less is more, don't need $100k to have fun, mentality. It reminds me of wakeboarding in the late 90s / early 2000s when a new boat was $35-40k, yes expensive, but achievable for many young people with a decent job.

I do agree that wakeboarding is wakeboarding regardless of the pull (boat, winch, cable) just because that's how we defined the thing you're riding, it's a wakeboard...

But man I really don't get the logic between the wakeskating = wakesurfing
Wakeskating takes a lot of skill, and a lot of patience, as does real ocean surfing.
Wakesurfing requires none of these things.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2016, 12:57 PM Reply   
Wakeskating can be wakeboarding without bindings (mainly w2w riding), but most wakeskaters think of it more as skateboarding on water. Basically every trick I do on a wakeskate cant be done on a wakeboard.

Wakesurfing is really easy and doesnt take much skill. Even tricks like 360 shuvits and bigspins can be learned really quick because you can try over and over again without getting tired or hurt. The higher quality boards make it way easier to get good fast too. The wakeboard brand surfboards held people back to just riding with a beer can for a long time, but now people are doing a lot more tricks really easily on the wakesurf specific boards. As long as you have a good wake, good board, and dont care about falling at 10mph, you can be a competitive wakesurfer.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2016, 1:56 PM Reply   
I know a lot of you are gonna hate this comment but most wake skaters look down upon wakebkarding. It requires less skill and is more like gymnastics then a core board sport (surfing/skateboarding). You can cheat all day long on a skate you have to be precise.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2016, 1:57 PM Reply   
Wakeboarders are to wake skaters what wake surfers are to wakeboarders.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2016, 2:07 PM Reply   
Hate to tell you red, but i was going wake to wake both side on a skate week 1. But in you defense, I think that statement may apply to basic tricks.

Last edited by Michael; 05-31-2016 at 2:11 PM.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2016, 2:17 PM Reply   
You are 1 out of none. I know people been skating for years that can't go w2w. I'm
Surprised you put the funboots back on.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2016, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
You are 1 out of none. I know people been skating for years that can't go w2w. I'm
Surprised you put the funboots back on.
Well I spent a long time wakeboarding and skateboarding, so the w2w part was easy. I couldnt get shove-its down and gave up. Oh and I didnt like doing splits at 22+ mph. lol
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-31-2016, 6:12 PM Reply   
I kind of like how this thread has devolved because it shows the silliness of the original post. We're all towed watersports enthusiasts. Why in the world is their hate for other towed watersports?

If you are so "core/extreme/it just ain't cool" as to hate on wakesurfing then you are betraying wakeboarding with your hypocrisy. Water skiers used to (and somewhat still do) hate on wakeboarders for many of the same reasons you give for hating on wakesurfing.

We're all darn lucky to get to enjoy towed watersports.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-31-2016, 11:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
I kind of like how this thread has devolved because it shows the silliness of the original post. We're all towed watersports enthusiasts. Why in the world is their hate for other towed watersports?

If you are so "core/extreme/it just ain't cool" as to hate on wakesurfing then you are betraying wakeboarding with your hypocrisy. Water skiers used to (and somewhat still do) hate on wakeboarders for many of the same reasons you give for hating on wakesurfing.

We're all darn lucky to get to enjoy towed watersports.
Amen. Your post should be a sticky at the heading of every wakeboarding thread. Their hypocrisy is thick. The constant hate put out by all these self labeled hard core guys (you know who you are) has become so obnoxious that I no longer consider maintaining their smooth water. As recently as last year, I used to try and keep away from boarders as much as possible if we were surfing and not boarding ourselves. Now? I dont give two craps. I'm tired of their prima donna bitchin. I'm done listening to how "hard core" they are and how they think they own the public waterways. If they're so serious, put down the beer/bong, get out of bed earlier and beat the crowd like the more serious water skiers have been doing for the last 20 years! Oh wait. Now the water skiers will have another reason to hate wakeboarders again....... Last but not least, if you're such a hard core serious boarder, join a private lake like I used to do when I gave a crap about reliably perfectly flat water.
Old    Gwr Willis (hornrapids1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       06-01-2016, 1:12 AM Reply   
Im not sure what all the beef is. I am a kiteboarding first and foremost. I recently bought a boat so I could get on the river on non wind days and take my family out. I have a wake group of friends and other friends who wake, surf, skate, or just like chilling in the boat. Non of us has ever felt any hostility toward any other discipline nor have any of my other friends. We are thankful to enjoy the water. Some have said there was hostility with kiteboarding and windsurfers. Never felt any of the animosity either. Just enjoy the water, respect it, and pay it forward.
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-05-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
I just want to leave this for anyone who thinks wakeskating behind a boat is just wakeboarding without bindings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSyy9GK...y=cocomendezzz

https://www.instagram.com/p/41kekTFP...by=drayhampson

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEwmDx8S...=watermonsters




And for everyone saying you need a sacked out $75k boat to throwdown on a wakeboard, heres a new video to add with the Zucky vids and old Scott Byerly barefoot session.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGQPShUu...en-by=bobsoven


Now to get back on track.

Wakesurfing is driving the wake market and brining all the money into the industry at the moment. Everyone and anyone can learn to wakesurf going ropeless their first sesssion. Its zero risk/low impact and gives someone instant results. Your average likely wont progress pass a 360 or maybe a shuv but they are out having a good time and putting money into this industry keeping it afloat.

Yes its driving boat prices up but at the same time, as long as people are buying new boats at these prices what incentive do manufactures have to lower the prices? Same with the wake companies selling surfboards.

Those surf board sells are making it so they can continue to build wakeboards, it used to be tubes/inflatables keeping the board sales going but now its wakesurf boards.

Sure it sucks contending with surf waves but at the same time its someone out having a good time on the water and as far as im concerned thats what everyone in a boat should be doing.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2016, 3:02 PM Reply   
I have a lot of respect for Wakeskating. Especially boat and winch. It's definitely difficult, but it's no replacement for Wakeboarding for me. There are things you can do on a wakeboard that you just can't do on a skate (and vice versa of course). One of those things is to go huge. Sure there are a few guys that can do it (like Austin), but it's a very select few, and even those that do are still limited by what can be done, physically (for now anyway). Skating is sick, but Harris or Dean doing a crow mobe into the flats is way more inspiring to me. I want to do that, and one day I will. (maybe not into the flats).

I also don't consider myself to be "Hard Core". I'm a 42 year old mediocre wakeboarder. But I am dealing with a higher risk / higher reward sport. Fact.

I don't have a lot of respect for Wakesurfing as a sport, but I also have a lot of friends that do it, and I don't disrespect them or look down on them for it. I complain about the fact that one surf boat kills the water for 20 other skiers / riders, but that's the way that it is. You can't dispute that. So if you're surfing Vics and wrecking the water for 20 other boats, you're probably irritating a lot of people. It's kind of like being stuck in the fast lane behind a 55 mph Prius. Eventually I'll pass you and go about my day.

Last edited by jarrod; 06-06-2016 at 3:04 PM. Reason: typeo 2
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-06-2016, 3:43 PM Reply   
Jarrod, I agree with a lot of that.

The guys going big on skates still arent going as big as the dudes on a wakeboard but it is a different set of skills. I love watching guys kill it on a wakeboard but i do get bored with the spin to win stuff of the Pro Tour runs and prefer the more unique riding of guys like Cook and Schweene. I respect the hell out of the wakeboarders being able to throw double flips and 10's wake to wake but i prefer watching a different type of riding.

As for the competitive side of wakesurfing... I understand why there is a lot of money there (boat manufactures use the comps as advertising to sell boats to average joes because anyone can do it) but i dont think its all that hard. If one has the time and money to wakesurf on the regular they can easily progress into the outlaw/pro level if they want too.

Completly agree with the higher risk/reward statement for both wakeboarding and wakeskating when compared to wakesurfing. Like Mitch said, its easy to try new wakesurfing tricks when you are only doing 12mphs tops.

And yea, the one surf boat down Vics is a total pain in the ass. Luckily I'm only on Vics here and there and even then we are wakeskating in an unweighted 210 throwing off a smaller wake than the average wakeboard boat out there. But as others mentioned the Delta as numerous sloughs and when we see that one surf boat we try to pass them or dip to a better spot.

The analogy to being stuck in the fast lane is spot on by the way.

And Vinny, the FŘškWakesurfing guys have another IG
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-06-2016, 9:33 PM Reply   
I love wakeskating. The end.
P.S. Cable wake boarders doing those whip air things in the flats are gay.
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2016, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
P.S. Cable wake boarders doing those whip air things in the flats are gay.
Why?
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-07-2016, 7:13 PM Reply   
Josh B, because he couldn't figure it out before switching to skating haha

Red, your w2w on a skate comment has me questioning any credibility you think you have. A while back I could go heelside w2w on a skate and I sucked on it, it's not that bad. Now that that's out of the way, skating isn't for everybody, boarding isn't for everybody, surfing isn't for everybody. Simple as that, no need to bash anyone for doing a different variation of a sport, they're all popular to different people.

Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2016, 4:53 PM Reply   
Holdsworth, HAHAHA!!! (Both to your comment and the comic about the life of Redheadd).
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-08-2016, 6:26 PM Reply   
Lol! I dunno I've rode with at least 15 wake skaters in the last year who all have been wake skating for at least 5 years or more each,some 15+ Years. They all shred and I've only seen 1 go w2w. So maybe all Northern California wake skaters just don't rep the w2w as skateboarding is a stronger influence in the riding/style then wakeboarding. As for cable twirly twats it just doesn't look cool imo,which isn't worth **** I admit but I think I have a pretty good idea of what "cool" is. And if the wake skating scene was bigger I don't see why dudes who put in the work can't get to "big air" levels of wakeboarding. It will evolve to that point some day. Look at skateboardings evolution. Board sports derive from surfing and skateboarding there is absolutely no reason to be riding fun boots! Take them off and learn board control.
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2016, 7:52 AM Reply   
Agreed that skating could progress to the bigger stuff like skateboarding has, and I hope it does because it would be pretty awesome to watch. I'll agree with you as far as that because your last statement is completely ignorant. There's a place for every variation of board sports. Sure, I could start skating some more, but I'd rather not. I much prefer having the skill to do multiple mobes and variations of different spins, thus allowing me to have overall body control and balance as well as the strength needed to do these tricks consistently. But hey, maybe 20 years of hard work strapped in isn't so "cool" after all, right?
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Lol! I dunno I've rode with at least 15 wake skaters in the last year who all have been wake skating for at least 5 years or more each,some 15+ Years. They all shred and I've only seen 1 go w2w. So maybe all Northern California wake skaters just don't rep the w2w as skateboarding is a stronger influence in the riding/style then wakeboarding. As for cable twirly twats it just doesn't look cool imo,which isn't worth **** I admit but I think I have a pretty good idea of what "cool" is. And if the wake skating scene was bigger I don't see why dudes who put in the work can't get to "big air" levels of wakeboarding. It will evolve to that point some day. Look at skateboardings evolution. Board sports derive from surfing and skateboarding there is absolutely no reason to be riding fun boots! Take them off and learn board control.
There are many reasons. A couple of which I mentioned. Another would be that if I had to sit in the boat all day and watch my buddies do ollie and surface tricks I would lose my mind. If Wakeskating exclusively does it for you, that's cool. I'm not going to tell you you should put boots on because there are more than one way to ride a board. Wakeboarding looks better and is more fun FOR ME. I appreciate the skill set, but going big is more attractive to me, and probably most people to be honest. If everyone shared your idea of whats cool and what is not, there would still be skating at major Wake events.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-09-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
Lol! I don't want to sit in a boat all day and watch anybody do anything! And I know a lot of people got a lot of time invested in wakeboarding all I'm saying is I'll bet 90% of those tricks are possible in a skate except with even more variations. Th spirt really has a ton of room to grow. But it is harder and takes more time to learn being you can't just huck stuff. Like my previous post it is the same way booters look at surfers. Point proven.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-09-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Imo in order for the sport to grow the sports should translate to the core board sports. Which wakeboarding really only translated to snowboarding in a sense but with out the giant mountain to shred which gives you no need for boots.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Imo in order for the sport to grow the sports should translate to the core board sports. Which wakeboarding really only translated to snowboarding in a sense but with out the giant mountain to shred which gives you no need for boots.
I hear what you're saying and I want to agree, but there is a need for boots. I don't think you'll ever see a mobe on a wakeskate, or even a tantrum to blind (two of a hundred examples). And to you that might be gay acrobatics, but to me and many others, the boots makes cool looking tricks possible that otherwise aren't. The skate and boots both have their place and their own tricks.

So what about snow skating? Guys are doing grabbed spins on skates, so there is no need for boots there either.....until you want to do a 100 foot 7 over a gap (go big). It's a different sport with common roots. One can't substitute the other. IMO.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-09-2016, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Lol! I dunno I've rode with at least 15 wake skaters in the last year who all have been wake skating for at least 5 years or more each,some 15+ Years. They all shred and I've only seen 1 go w2w.
I've only rode in the boat with one wakeskater in the last year and he did w2w 180 to blind.

It's way easier to impress the casual observer riding when on a wakeboard vs wakeskate. I respect the skills it takes to do cool stuff on a wakeskate. But wakeboarding looks far more impressive at the same skill level.
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
As for cable twirly twats it just doesn't look cool imo,which isn't worth **** I admit but I think I have a pretty good idea of what "cool" is.
Red, You are so lost in the world of "cool" to realize that you are not being cool with your condescending opinions of what other people do FOR FUN (that you somehow believe are facts). You seem to realize, in the quote above, that your opinion of what someone else does for fun really doesn't matter but you then turn right around and hold your "opinion" of cool out as superior to others.

What does it matter if you don't think it looks cool? Are those cable boarders enjoying it? Guess what "Mr. Cool?" The only thing that matter is if they are enjoying it. And frankly the fact that people like you tell them they're not cool and yet they do it anyway, makes them "cooler" then you will ever be (without a major attitude adjustment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
And if the wake skating scene was bigger I don't see why dudes who put in the work can't get to "big air" levels of wakeboarding. It will evolve to that point some day. Look at skateboardings evolution. Board sports derive from surfing and skateboarding there is absolutely no reason to be riding fun boots! Take them off and learn board control.
You seriously, believe that there is absolutely no reason to be riding fun boots? (And you're so clever to use that tired cliched term to describe bindings.) Back to my same point earlier, how about people ride wakeboards with bindings BECAUSE IT IS FUN! The same reason that people ride motorcycles, do art, read and write books, play videogames, fly airplanes, build models, etc. etc. etc. etc.

I get it, you've drunk the Kool-Aid about the superiority of wakekating to wakeboarding. But you haven't stopped to actually think about it and whether that Kool-Aid is the kind Mr. Kool-Aid Man hands you or the kind Jim Jones hands you. Let's take your superiority complex to other arenas: People shouldn't play league softball because it's not pure baseball. Can you believe those lame posers? People shouldn't play flag football because it's not the pure tackle football. How weak and soft can those fools be? People shouldn't ride their motorcycles for fun on the street because they should be pushing themselves off-road on a dirtbike. HAHA! Don't they look like little girls on the street?

OR!!!!!! MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD DO WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!!

Now that fun can certainly include doing hard things that require lots of effort and technical precision. And if you've got a group of people pushing each other in that way, and you get the added bonus of camaraderie, then all the power to you. But when you start knocking what other people do because their fun is different than yours, then you're a jerk. And if you regularly tell them they're lame, stupid, not cool, etc., then you are a bully. Jerks and bullies aren't cool.

I wakeboard because I like to get big air. I like the feeling of flying. I like the camaraderie of my friends on the boat. I like when we push each other and I like when we just enjoy doing our same stuff. And if every wakeskater, wakesurfer, ocean surfer, and skateboarder thinks I look like a lame fool for taking a grabbed 180 as high as I can into the flats, then it doesn't matter to me one lick. Cuz guess what? . . .







I'm having fun.

Oh, and one last thing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Imo in order for the sport to grow the sports should translate to the core board sports.
That's neat. But it's your opinion. Alliance has been preaching that since its inception and yet despite that "gospel truth" being preached for years, wakeskating has never come close to overtaking wakeboarding and both are being eclipsed by wakesurfing. Enjoy your stay in Jonestown, Redheadd!
Old    TimelineX (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-09-2016, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Lol! I don't want to sit in a boat all day and watch anybody do anything! And I know a lot of people got a lot of time invested in wakeboarding all I'm saying is I'll bet 90% of those tricks are possible in a skate except with even more variations. Th spirt really has a ton of room to grow. But it is harder and takes more time to learn being you can't just huck stuff. Like my previous post it is the same way booters look at surfers. Point proven.
Your realize that one of the big reasons that WakeBoarding isn't as big as it is is because of how hard and how high impact it is VS other sports? Wakeskating is even more hard which makes it even less appealing to most. You can see it in the videos people make. Most wakeskating videos look sloppy as hell compared to the counterpart wakeboarding videos. It's not because wakeskating is inherently sloppy, it's because it is THAT much harder.

Your point about how X sport looks at Y sport isn't a point at all. It just shows your childish attitude, because noone should be seriously looking at any other sport that way. You aren'ty supperior because you do a 'harder' sport. Not everything worth doing is hard and not everything hard is worth doing.

The goals are either A. Have Fun. Or if you are pro. B. Be the best in your field.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-10-2016, 6:17 AM Reply   
Boy this is a big 1!!
Attached Images
 
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-10-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Boy this is a big 1!!
So you admit that you just post stupid s**t to annoy people into giving you some attention.
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-10-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Boy this is a big 1!!
Ah! And there it is right on time as expected. The good old "My close-minded and illogical positions have been proven false so I'll try to save face by pretending I was just yanking people's chains."

AKA "I'm actually a troll, not an idiot."

Redheadd, Trolls are idiots. So either way the outcome is the same.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2016, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
wakeskating videos look sloppy as hell compared to the counterpart wakeboarding videos. It's not because wakeskating is inherently sloppy, it's because it is THAT much harder.
Such a BS statement. When you look back at all extreme sports in the early stages, every trick is sloppy a hell. The riders haven't had the time to really mature or fine tune their tricks.

It's ridiculous to even try to compare the two. I don,t know any wakeskater that could fathom doing a back mobe on a wakeboard, as for a wakeboader doing a bigspin on a skate w2w. They are different sports and we choose to progress at one or the other.
Old    Mark (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-11-2016, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Such a BS statement. When you look back at all extreme sports in the early stages, every trick is sloppy a hell. The riders haven't had the time to really mature or fine tune their tricks.

It's ridiculous to even try to compare the two. I don,t know any wakeskater that could fathom doing a back mobe on a wakeboard, as for a wakeboader doing a bigspin on a skate w2w. They are different sports and we choose to progress at one or the other.
Early stages? 20 years is plenty to turn it into something decent.
Old    TimelineX (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-13-2016, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Such a BS statement. When you look back at all extreme sports in the early stages, every trick is sloppy a hell. The riders haven't had the time to really mature or fine tune their tricks.

It's ridiculous to even try to compare the two. I don,t know any wakeskater that could fathom doing a back mobe on a wakeboard, as for a wakeboader doing a bigspin on a skate w2w. They are different sports and we choose to progress at one or the other.
I disagree with your assessment of my post. It looks like you are agreeing that the tricks look alot more sloppy. You just disagree with the reason (it's harder). Your comparison (mobe vs big spin) doesn't prove anything other than just generically saying that anything you aren't good at is hard. Just because Chinese for an American is just as inconceivable as English is for a China man, doesn't mean they are equally hard languages. It just means they aren't good at what they aren't good at and thats it.

You have a good point though. I won't argue with you and say that the reason everything is so sloppy is most definitely because of it being harder. It most certainly will always be harder though for the same time investment. Most of wakeboarding can be directly translated into wakeskating, escept there is even one more variable to worry about. You can compare it to skating all you want, but it's got alot more in common with wakeboarding than skating (especially when it comes to difficulty of progressing).

So my point still stands. Wakeskating is even harder and I believe that turns off even more people.

Last edited by timelinex; 06-13-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old    Connor (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-13-2016, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I don,t know any wakeskater that could fathom doing a back mobe on a wakeboard, as for a wakeboader doing a bigspin on a skate w2w. They are different sports and we choose to progress at one or the other.
Ever heard of Daniel Grant?
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2016, 1:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Ever heard of Daniel Grant?
I thought we were talking about boat riding here?
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-14-2016, 6:13 AM Reply   
Danny Hampson can shred a wakeboard...
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
Many skaters kill it on a wakeboard. Let's not get carried away here.
Old    Michael ImObersteg (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2016, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Many skaters kill it on a wakeboard. Let's not get carried away here.
Ha I am back peddling so fast.
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       06-14-2016, 6:30 PM Reply   
Scott Byerly and Thomas Horrell quickly come to mind as guys who could land both a back big and a mobe among other tricks on skates and a wakeboard. I'd be willing to bet Brian Grubb could also do it.

Id throw some money on Aaron Reed to pass this little challenge as well.

Reed Hansen had a huge career wakeboarding through the JRs circuit.

Danny Hampson has competed in the BroStock double up comps when he needed too.

Aaron Rathy was competing in wakeskate contest and releasing videos while still killing it on a wakeboard.


There are also a number of pro wakeboarders who would be able to do the reverse and throw a backbig or at least a few other tricks on a skate.

Michael, just curious, but can you link me to some of these videos with sloppy wakeskating tricks from pros? Im not talking about the single shot IG video of something new being landed or the random kid on youtube because we can find just as many wakeboarding videos that would fit that as well. Please link me to full video parts from established riders putting out sloppy edits and I'll be happy to provide you with better videos showing clean tricks being thrown. Also I completely agree that wakeskating turns certain people off once they realize just how hard it is to learn a basic trick like and ollie or a shuv.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-14-2016, 10:31 PM Reply   
LOL! My statements are are stupid? That's how I feel. you didn't think I didn't know how you fun booters would get all butt hurt when I pointed out your gymnastics are how I feel about your sport as you feel about wake surfing? Wakeboarding IS cheating. Take your boots off and show me some board control instead of just hucking everything then we'll talk. Their Areca lot of really good wakeboard era that if they put the same effort into wake skating the sport would grow fast and would get a lot more respect through other "core" board sports. But I know why,it's harder. Period. And wakeboarding is dying...it doesn't crossover to any other sport really.
Old    Bill Montanye (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2016, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by getssum View Post
Simply put, because wakesurfing sells boats. Boat mfg's buy ads, ads support magazines.
exactly 50plus crowd trading ion their old IOs for big expensive Wake boats and extremely expensive Surf boards is forcing the industry to include them IE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2016, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm going to give my opinion on Wakeskating.

First of wakskating is hard. Very hard. I enjoy taking the odd wake skate now and than and so does maybe one other guy in my crew but that's it. The kids, the wives, aunties, uncles, moms, dads, none of them have any interest in wake skating. They don't really know what it is nor do they really care. All of them are interested in Surfing and most are interested in at least trying wakeboarding but wake skating just doesn't interest them.

So ask yourself, is it everyone else who is so uncool for not loving skating or maybe its just a sport that appeals to a very very small crowd. All the hardcore wake skaters are trying to emulate skateboarding as much as possible, which is great, because most if not all of them skateboard. But how does that really appeal to families who don't skateboard? Most families want to go out, have a fun day on the boat and that's it. They don't care about "progressing" their riding, they just want to enjoy some fun times with their friends and surfin and even wakeboarding make that easier than skating. I know you can argue that "They can get up on a wakesakte and just carve around just like a wakeboard" but most people don't grow up skateboarding or snowboarding so the learning curve to get up and ride a skate is steep. Also when new people watch the sports from the boat, they are always much more impressed by an Air Raley or even a Tantrum than they are by a wakeskate shuv it in the flats. Its not to say the wakeskate tricks are easier, but to the untrained eye they just don't look "as cool" and newcomers are less motivated to take up the sport.

I always thought wakeskaters preferred the sport to be smaller anyways. We are heading to the lake this weekend and I will probably be the only one to go for a skate. Maybe I will finally stick the W2W that has eluded me for all these years (last year I was able to land on the knuckle and ride out but that's not a true W2W). Even if I do, no one on the boat will really understand how hard it is.
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-15-2016, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
LOL! My statements are are stupid?
Yes. The definition of stupid is "lacking intelligence or common sense." Many of your statements feature both of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
That's how I feel.
Neat. People who believe the earth is flat also feel that they are right. So do people who don't believe the Holocaust occurred. Those people are stupid. Just because you feel something does not make it right or not stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
you didn't think I didn't know how you fun booters would get all butt hurt when I pointed out your gymnastics are how I feel about your sport as you feel about wake surfing?
Man, you used that awesome "fun booters" phrase again. Do you offer classes on how to be cool and make sick burns? I actually think there was very little butt hurt expressed regarding your opinion; more like incredulity at the stupidity of your arguments and reasoning. Many people, like myself, also pointed out the hypocrisy of the hate on wakesurfing. I'll sum it up again for you and add a little addendum regarding your position:

If wakeboarders express hate for wakesurfing as a sport then they show they have little to no understanding of wakeboarding's history because waterskiers once expressed the same hate for wakeboarding. (I will say that there is nothing wrong with hating losing good water when a wakesurfer comes by, the same as you would hate it if a tuber, fishing boat or jetski ruined it.) So wakeboarders who hate on the sport of wakesurfing show how little they actually know about wakeboarding and are hypocrites. Your position Red, is even stupider than the wakesurfer haters because your hate is entirely unjustified other than your magic "feels" which seem to dictate your life. Most wakeboarders embrace wakeskating and wakeskaters even though they may not personally wakeskate much if at all. If someone came on my boat and wanted to wakeskate, I'd be stoked to let them and stoked to watch them. Based on your posts it seems that you look down your nose at wakeboarding. So the thing most similar to what you do, wakeboarding, the thing that originated what you now do for fun is where you focus your hate. (And is it actually fun for you if you're dependent on getting respect from other sports?) That definitely seems to be lacking in intelligence or common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Wakeboarding IS cheating.
WHAT?!?! OH NO!!!!! What have I done with my life? Red actually capitalized "IS" so it must be true!!! Listen Red, I appreciate you finally setting us "fun booters" straight. I am going to devote myself to making a time machine and I will go back, snap the original Hyperlite before it is used and pull a Tonya Harding on Darin Shapiro and Scott Byerly's legs so that they'll never popularize that horrible cheating of wakeboarding in this world. Never mind that wakeskating will never be invented without wakeboarding. We simply cannot allow this cheating sport to ever be born!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Take your boots off and show me some board control instead of just hucking everything then we'll talk.
Really? What will we talk about? You are clearly not interested in having any sort of a discussion about wakeskating, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, their respective markets or anything related to them. You have an opinion you believe is fact (your "feels" ) and you have demonstrated that you are only interested in attempting to condescendingly ram your opinion down other people's throats. So I'm guessing that we'd "talk" about 18th century northern European farming practices? I'll bet it's really fun for you to "talk" with Aaron Reed, Brandon Thomas, George Daniels, Danny Hampson and Daniel Grant though. Man, those really good wakeskaters sure hate on wakeboarding. . . . Oh wait. They don't. Well, Red, you had better give them all a call so you can set them straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Their Areca lot of really good wakeboard era that if they put the same effort into wake skating the sport would grow fast and would get a lot more respect through other "core" board sports. But I know why,it's harder. Period. And wakeboarding is dying...it doesn't crossover to any other sport really.
So many great "facts" you have in here. Could you please cite the conversation you had with your buddies or the online forums where you get these magnificent facts? And I love how skateboarding magazines are constantly giving mad props to wakeskaters. . . . Oh wait. They don't. Hopefully someday, they will and that will finally justify all the time and effort you put into your wakeskating. Personally, I'm okay with the simple satisfaction of having fun.
Old    Mark (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-16-2016, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
And wakeboarding is dying...it doesn't crossover to any other sport really.
Yeah.. it's totally not like snowboarding - or is that not core enough? hmm.. maybe we should start snowskating.. it'll be huge!

(yes, I know snowskating exists.. and I see even fewer of those than I do wakeskaters)
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Red, you're acting like a kook. Stop trying to be like Kyle Walton in the mid 2000s. Stop worry so much about being cool, focus on yourself. Mindsets like yours have held wakeskating back from growing. No one wants to ride with wakeskaters if they think we are all DBs and hipsters thinking we are too cool to be associated with other water sports.

I'm pretty sure you are just trolling, but you are really making wakeskating look bad. It's hard enough trying to get people into the sport.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-16-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   
Mitch you're right. Lol. But it's fun to troll.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-16-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
But you gotta admit josh is about that boot life!
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2016, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Ah! And there it is right on time as expected. The good old "My close-minded and illogical positions have been proven false so I'll try to save face by pretending I was just yanking people's chains."

AKA "I'm actually a troll, not an idiot."

Redheadd, Trolls are idiots. So either way the outcome is the same.
Still applicable. You're too gutless to actually engage so you pretend you're a troll. There's a definition floating around in this thread you should read about yourself.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-16-2016, 10:41 AM Reply   
Cmon breh. Your fruit boots too tight?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-16-2016, 11:07 AM Reply   
Annnnnd this is why wakeskating is dead. The golden times of wakeskating had mutual respect between the two sports. Wakeboarders were always supportive of wakeskating unlike the current trend with wakesurfing, yet as Mitch mentioned, there was a certain movement by the lamest of wakeskaters to decide to hate on the strappers for no reason. That is pretty much when wakeskating went down the sh*tter. I think you ride on the delta, the actual OG's of that place had respect for both sports, Josh Smith, Rodrigo, Whispers, Cook, Jamie Eddy, they all respected both. Way back when it was rad being able to see Josh ride, then Jamie go, then Rich, then Cook all in one set. Colin Wright might even ride strapped then ride a skate for a set.

Hopefully your hatred for everything wakeboarding is isolated, the delta crew used to be pretty rad about all things water outside of surfing. And seeing how you're on a wakeboarding specific site talking about wakeskating, it should show you that wakeskating is the sport that is dead not the other way around and it very well could be due to people like you.
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-16-2016, 11:14 AM Reply   
Just for the record since you know the word. I'm in full troll mode.... Ya everybody hates trolls but don't knock it till you try it. At work bored lets get into a interweb argument. I thought that's what this thread was for. I just flipped the script in the booters.
Old    Josh B (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2016, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
But you gotta admit josh is about that boot life!
Oh no! Sick burn!!! Please stop hurting my feelings. HAHAHAHA!!!! Red, you definitely are (unintentionally) hilarious. If you're actually trying to troll then you suck at it as bad as you suck at making pro-wakeskate arguments. Your burn is that I'm about the boot life? I'm on a wakeboard internet forum. Your burn is the equivalent of calling someone who likes Star Trek a Trekkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Cmon breh. Your fruit boots too tight?
Another sick burn! And this time you've resorted to a homophobic slur. Do you have any racist ones to throw at me too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
I'm in full troll mode.... Ya everybody hates trolls but don't knock it till you try it.
Pretty sure a rapist could say the exact same thing. If you're as good at wakeskating as you are at trolling and making pro-wakeskate arguments then you're probably struggling to cut outside the wake. There are some good videos though online that can teach you how to properly cut and you can attend a camp for some coaching. And if you can never cut outside the wake on your wakeskate but you're still having fun doing it, then that's all that matters.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by joshugan; 06-16-2016 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Error
Old    Red (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-16-2016, 1:37 PM Reply   
You strapped that thing on and went big breh!
Attached Images
 

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:35 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us