Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (WakeJp12)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-30-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey, I just had a random ass question, Is it fine to put stickers on the bottom of your board, or will people think it's stupid? it doesn't seem like it would mess up your riding... I have a ****load of stickers and ran out of places to put them. Just wondering, Thanks!

P.S. this is my first post so I have no idea what to expect or if I even did this right lol
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-30-2013, 11:29 PM Reply   
Most vinyl decals would come off or at least start to tear away after a couple rides. Top sheet your good but the skimming would mess them up quick.

May I recommend a collection added to your bedroom wall? A la high school in the 90's
Old     (GoinBoarin)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-01-2013, 4:14 AM Reply   
Feel free to send me some. I got lots of boards with no stickers
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-01-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Seems a little overboard to me, no pun intended.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-01-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Who cares what "people" think of YOUR board?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-01-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
Who cares, stick them on there, if they come off, they come off.

Technically speaking, they "should" be ok. The speed of the water relative to the bottom of your board is "theoretically" zero, as friction creates a "no slip" condition on the wetted surface with a parabolic velocity distribution that is increasing from zero as you approach the free stream velocity. The scale of this sorta varies and there will be turbulence that is introduced, there are a few other parameters that I am not accounting for, but hey, they are stickers
This is essentially why you typically feel less wind when you lie on the ground vs. standing up and is also why windmills are up high

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-slip_condition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_layer

Woooooo science!