Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-31-2006, 5:41 AM Reply   
I can do hochies and hoochie 2 revert really easy off the kicker, I have a solid raley behind the boat too. But I can't figure how to do the houchie behind the boat (not double up). is it really different ? I use the kicker to push my legs behind.

I went pretty close off the doubleup.

I know it's a different cut than the raley but still hard to get the ball and try it.

any tip ?
Old     (rhettb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-31-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Take about 2/3 of your normal raley cut, and squat down more on your way in - concentrate more on popping up at the wake, and go for the grab IMMEDIATELY upon leaving the wake - once you get the grab, you can go for all the extension you want - these falls aren't nearly as bad as raley falls because your body is not extended, and you are in a more compact position, so don't be scared - just get er done

Also, put more weight on your front foot than you think you should on the way in, this will help you keep the board level and hopefully prevent stargazing and chasing the grab
Old    alanp            07-31-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
rhett gave great advice the only thing i have to ad is just go for it. these arent difficult at all the most difficult then is letting go. also dont do like i did on my first on(posing thinking id be in the air forever). as soon as you get extended rip it back down, dont wait
Old                08-12-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
thanks, I try that today

(Message edited by gaignstar on August 12, 2006)
Old                08-13-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
OK I land It today !
that's crazy

thanks again Rhett for your tips

I had problem reaching the grab, slow down the cut and land it perfectly

thanks bro

too bad I forgot my camera
Old    alanp            08-13-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
congrats, say goodbye to the regular raley
Old                08-14-2006, 5:00 AM Reply   
alan plotz that'S for sure