Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-28-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Just got back from a weekend on the water and noticed the gap where my windsheild meets up is getting wider. It is about 3/4" wider than it used to be and only at the top. The bottom has not widened. The frame is still rigid and I and all the hardware looks tight. I thought I'd check to see if anyone else out there had a similar problem. Btw I almost forgot the boat is a 2003 mastercraft X-30.

Old    swass            06-28-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Do you see any stress cracks anywhere in your gel coat that were not there the other day?

(Message edited by swass on June 28, 2004)

(Message edited by swass on June 28, 2004)
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-28-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
People are leaning on it as the walk through the bow. Someone put to much pressure on it one time or over time. I've seen it happen once on a boat when someone was walking to the front of the bow and used the windows to swing themselves up onto the cushions of the boat.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
our X9 did the same the gap was so for off that the lip on the walk through would actually get wedged agenst the inside of the drivers side frame. I took it back to the dealer ans the fixed it no prob. according to the dealer they had to loosen all the mounting screws and re-adjust everything. No prob since then! I wouldent be too stressed

Old    ilovetrains            06-28-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
curious to see how your dealer handles this on a one year old boat. Still looking at an X-30.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
something has shifted either the windshield
or the boat itself. I would want a GOOD explanation
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-28-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
I got back out there and was able to bring it back to normal with some firm pressure. I looked very closely at the entire area and couldn't find anything that had shifted, was loose, or cracked. I guess we did take a pretty good pounding this weekend at windy, crowded lake mojave. The question is will I have this problem again and the answer is probably yes.
Old    leggester            06-28-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
You'll need to loosen the screws in the wind shield supports, fit all back together and retighten the screws.

Then keep people off the wind shield.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-28-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
There wasn't anyone on the windshield to start with... but thanks anyway.
Old    stevenf            06-28-2004, 5:29 PM Reply   
my 01 xstar did the same thing, the dealer readjusted everything. mine go so big one weekend the opening window to the walk through would fall all the way through. its fixed though now and have never had a problem since
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-28-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
It looks like both side of the windshield have shifted starboard a little. The left side shifing would put the center section down, and the right side shifing would open the gap.

Welcome to the "boat windshields can be a pain in the Azz" club. It needs to be adjusted but fair warning, you may see it again.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-29-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
brett - what did you do to fix it yourself?
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
There is a plastic strip that fits into the lower
part of the window frame. Pull the strip off the frame by starting one end. With the strip pulled off you will have access to the screws that hold the frame to the deck. Check each screw to see if any have backed out. Holding the window in proper alignment, tighten each screw and replace the plastic strip.
Hope this helps...